Facebook sq groups

hese places have really done it for me. i am PTHO!

All thes ##@%headz on facebook make me sick. If your like me and browse the starquest groups on face book frequently you might have also noticed the alarming increase in popularity of our car. Good thing for value sake..bad news for the numbers left

Every day i get on there i see some no brain moron teenager wondering wby they cant boost correct, has all the normal issues when finding a craigslit sq these new "face book sq owners

Know it alls" dont have any clue of when us guys could have it running 14's in five minutes with three sockets a screw driber and multimeter ...well a week later their posting parts for sale. Today i see a %@!#@#@ 85.5 that runs being parted out.

And the worst %@#%?!@ part is how all the pther #@#!heads that have good running plain 86-88 by chance on there act. As soon as a picture of a non running sq pops up for sale with a rare part (hood,louvers,etc) the @#%@oles convice them to buy it jusy to part the whole var out... just to have a chance at a stupid hood

Rant over. Removing my self from facebook groups and praying it isnt the death of our cars

Edited by twojayzeestarion

I have gotten sick of answering the basic questions over and over, seems its too much work to come over here and get the good info. I wish there was one big group instead of 3, there are some good convos here and there.
  • Like 1

Your telling me ive walked several peolpe (idiots) threw vacumme deletes. Resets. Simple stuff. Correct walkthoughs none the less with links pictures videos even. I go out of my way several times a day to find a tbread on here to post a link for somone there to fix the exa t problem they have to correct standards and then some idiot comvinced them to rig it up
  • Like 1

I don't bother with anything else, SQC: had all the drama I need! :P.

The fate of the StarQuest is like the "Highlander", until there is only one!

i only like to look at the pics now.

i posted a few times but only to try and help.

in one ear out the other.

i dont want to post on them any more.

too many there just to give people a hard time.

sometimes i wish our cars or SQC sites were not on FB

it only caused more cars to get destroyed. look at the Eclipse.

most of them you find are hack jobs. hard to find one untouched.

• Like 1

I cannot stand FB in general.

I few years back, my wife and kids went to our home town for the Xmas holiday. We were staying at a hotel. My dad whom i haven't seen in a year came to our hotel room to visit us. He brought his gf at the time. About 2 hrs into the visit, the gf started to complain to my dad that they need to go back home so she can tend to her FarmVille crops! After 15 minutes of listening to her, he obliged and they left. So in all, my dad sacrificed time with his grand kids so that his 60 some year old gf could play a video game on FB.

I think about that experience a lot especially when I see what people do and post on that program. I am simply amazed....

Kevin

i usually tell all the fb fanboiZ " nice supra " but i also list some things for sale, because sometineZ selling stuff here is a full contact sport :lol: ware ma brudda @ yO :P

fb is a time vampire :angry: i at first joined to communicate with my son while he was in New York and then Kuwait. now it's cool to see what's going on with my local car clubs without having to call 5 different people to get somewhat correct info :lol:

I understand your frustrations bro. I'm a member on all the fb forums as well, and I have gotten pissed off several times because of the idiot kids on there that think they know it all....its a shame, because they are ruining a lot of really nice cars. I seen the post that you are talking about with the 85.5 running car. The guy was complaining because they wanted $800 for it...its a running and driving 85.5 with an 83 hood on it, and he wants to complain about $800!!! Get the f$@# out of here....stuff like that really ticks me off. Anyways, I could rant on and on about it. I have gotten some good info from time to time, but everything you need to know is right here on SQC. I don't use the fb forums for anything but humor and sometimes that backfires on me and my blood gets boiling and I have to calm myself down. lol rant over!

hese places have really done it for me. i am PTHO!

All thes ##@%headz on facebook make me sick. If your like me and browse the starquest groups on face book frequently you might have also noticed the alarming increase in popularity of our car. Good thing for value sake..bad news for the numbers left

Every day i get on there i see some no brain moron teenager wondering wby they cant boost correct, has all the normal issues when finding a craigslit sq these new "face book sq owners

Know it alls" dont have any clue of when us guys could have it running 14's in five minutes with three sockets a screw driber and multimeter ...well a week later their posting parts for sale. Today i see a %@!#@#@ 85.5 that runs being parted out.

And the worst %@#%?!@ part is how all the pther #@#!heads that have good running plain 86-88 by chance on there act. As soon as a picture of a non running sq pops up for sale with a rare part (hood,louvers,etc) the @#%@oles convice them to buy it jusy to part the whole var out... just to have a chance at a stupid hood

Rant over. Removing my self from facebook groups and praying it isnt the death of our cars

Your lack of proper punctuation, or any attempt at grammar does not make anyone of us look good.

All Facebook groups are cancer anyway. Cherish what you have, dont sell your car to kids.

• Like 1

Those groups are pretty funny. At times they are good but most of the time its nonsense. There is a lot more activity there than here so thats really why im on them. Its def annoying that there are 4-5 groups. Edited by RonnieJ

Those groups are pretty funny. At times they are good but most of the time its nonsense. There is a lot more activity there than here so thats really why im on them. Its def annoying that there are 4-5 groups.

x2

Facebook is designed for immediate gratification. It comes with the territory. Happens to me all the time. People asking me about bolt sizes and stuff. If you just take the 45 seconds it takes to respond and chill out then it is not so bad. Just tell them to read the service manual that's free online. Otherwise you harbor all that drama and then you drag is over here and basically stat a CRAP talking post LOL.

It's all what you make it. Use facebook to you advantage and dont let it mass with you too much.

Totally hear you on being frustrated with the retard questions that pop up. Its ever worse on facebook because then we also get a dozen experienced guys bashing and posting stupid memes all day.

Edited by JohnnyWadd

I recently joined face book so i could check the car sites, one in particular is very interesting " Vintage Japanese Auto Enthusiasts " This group discusses all Jap cars and do not talk bad about anyone's vehicle they find the Starion's and Conquest very cool. No bashing at all. And this comes from hard core Toyota, Nissan, and Honda guys.