What upgrade gave you the most satisfaction?

ucw458

I could see it being very liberating... Like freeing yourself of a burden.

Like I have a storage unit for my music equipment and car stuff. I'm paying too much for a too big size as it a dominated by car stuff. Can't wait to organize and free myself of the car junk and get an appropriate unit like I need.

Just wondering, how is this satisfying? :blink:

Because it became a HUGE p.i.t.a having my home looking like a Mitsubishi parts warehouse and i wasnt going to have my new home (much smaller) looking the same way , i did however give away as much as i could away for free to anyone that could come and pick it up before i moved

Full exhaust/intake mods woke everything up and was the first thing I did, but until it was sitting right I could not rest, so all around.. coilovers had to be the best mod. The feeling you get looking at a slammed Starion rolling hard down the street = priceless. The way the car rides and handles feels so good you just want to hoon around. Edited by Fuze

1) Full Poly Suspension Mounts - biggest p.i.t.a. to do, but w/ new rotors/pads, & Tokicos it stopped on a dime with nose barely dropping at all!

REALLY liking all these replies saying D2s!! They're in now along with strut & sway bars awaiting road time.

For the unmodded/mostly stock DD:

1) Short throw shifter! (really made it more fun to drive)

2) Fidanza fly = quick revs (balance shaft removal helped further)

3) sm 16g turbo - when ported, this spooled hella fast! Car skated all over IL with that. (did port out inj. housing pretty good too).

4) 1st Autometer boost gauge (made it feel racey & removed blinders to what was really going on)

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10168/TurboPort.jpg

Seems most every mod is better b/c of complimentary mods. No single lone mod itself was sufficient enough to be tops except the short shifter.

Hahaha I have to totally agree with what Fuze said. I get turned on everytime I see my car's stance :D I'm about to do full 3" exhaust so I'm really excited about the performance gain of that! Also 88 ECU for those few extra degrees of boost. Edited by CarlosFley

1. Gutting the pre- cat in 2004. Made the Old Broad feel like a fiesty 30 something Young Broad. :)

2. Eliminating the main cat in 2013 after her Final smog inspection > 25 years old in Georgia. Made the Old Broad feel like a Teenage Broad again! :lol:

For What It's Worth.

KEN

• Like 1

Mine has to be the suspension. Car drove like tail before. It would bounce so bad even on the smallest bump and would buck like crazy if I tried to get it sideways! With D2s being basically our only off the shelf options im pretty happy with them

http://jdlautodesign.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/StarQuest-D2s.jpg

upgrades are always so fun! I love feeling major positive changes, for me it would be 2 things, the jz swap worked wonders! Next the suspension was tired and needed major attention so I replaced it with koni coilovers... awesome!
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...