Being a Starquest owner..

LiveWire

Being a Starquest owner is a lonely world. Then you are lucky and run in to a fellow Starquest owner that lives in your area. Not 100 miles away, but right in your back yard.

It's funny how you can talk and talk going in 100 directions with the conversation but never missing a beat. Don't get me wroung. A car enthusiast is a car enthusiast, but get 2 people with the same love for this car and it's the start to a new friendship.

Very nice meeting you Mopar Jon! Can't wait to see your rides and get to work,

Just wait for the day you pass one going in the opposite direction, look in your rear view mirror and see them power sliding a u-turn to catch you.

Heck, once I saw one two cars ahead of me at a light, so I pulled out a little to the side, put the headlights up, and started revving up to catch their attention :)

Just wait for the day you pass one going in the opposite direction, look in your rear view mirror and see them power sliding a u-turn to catch you.

Heck, once I saw one two cars ahead of me at a light, so I pulled out a little to the side, put the headlights up, and started revving up to catch their attention :)

Been there done that as well.

What about when you have a great meet and and have 10 to 15 all together and everyone in the world is like " What is that?" And " I forgot all about that car..".

Miss them days in NJ!

Edited by LiveWire

that is the exact reason i have this car.. because no one else does... id hate to be a mustang dork and pass 30 on my morning ride to work

Along with that topic.... do you find yourself atracted to other cars that are limited / rare / unique? It got me thinking after I got my new car about it. I love to look at them snuggling in the gurage just knowing how rare they are.

Been there done that as well.

What about when you have a great meet and and have 10 to 15 all together and everyone in the world is like " What is that?" And " I forgot all about that car..".

Miss them days in NJ!

Yeah man, the 2000 meet at the Englishtown Summer Slam was so many cars, we had our own show class.

Yeah man, the 2000 meet at the Englishtown Summer Slam was so many cars, we had our own show class.

Yes great times! Loved watching Bill The Shifter Guy! One of my first time seeing someone make so much power and tourqe he would break stuff ( half shafts , u joints ect.)

Along with that topic.... do you find yourself atracted to other cars that are limited / rare / unique? It got me thinking after I got my new car about it. I love to look at them snuggling in the gurage just knowing how rare they are.

Yes I do . I had a 2006 Saturn Sky but when GM Saturn died I traded the car in. I already know what it's like to have 1 car that is short in supply!

I love it when my neighbors catch a glimpse of it in the garage and want to know what kind of car I'm working on. When I tell them, the first thing out of their mout is how bad they wanted one in 1990.

There's a guy who used to own a Dodge/Chrysler dealer in the 80s. He comes to my shop for repairs. When he saw mine he was amazed and told me how all the sales people loved them when they were new. My boss told him it was a price of crap and he told me boss to f off. My boss is a big euro car guy (he has a 2010 jetta with an Apr stage 3 kit, bought the car shipped it out but did no work himself) that kind of douche. Anyways its funny how once you get one and your friends/family know what they are they see them all over the place.

Met some great people who own these cars, in other states and home as well. Most of the people near me that I've met used to have the car but don't anymore. Still its great to meet people and even learn things from them. Haven't been driving my car a whole lot recently perhaps I need to get it out more often so I can meet some new folks again.

I really like meeting people who have the car but don't know much about it. I feel like I can save them so much time and effort. I have even met folks who don't know about this site, don't have the FSM and have a hard time fixing anything on their cars because they can't find parts. I'm siked to share which bone yards have what and what I know about this and that. I'm glad this site exists to even virtually meet all of you.

It's funny, I used to live on a main street and had my white Conquest in the driveway, at one point had a yellow Conquest there with it. People would pull up on the sidewalk and ring the doorbell to ask me if I either wanted to sell one, or if I wanted to buy theirs. I ended up buying a running, good shape 88 for $500 which I turned around and sold to a friend for $600, and also bought the one I have now (used to be red, 87) the same way. Edited by Fuze

Majority of my friends are right here on SQC. This is a problem...because everyone lives so far away and I only get to see them once a year. Sometimes not even that often, depending who it is. I value friends, and when it's been almost 5 years since I've seen some of them, it really sucks :(

Being a SQ owner has it's pro's and con's. People love it when they see one, but the nay sayer's always have something to say about them, like "theres a reason why no one drives em" and such. I thoroughly enjoy driving/owning something unique. It's refreshing, knowing I can drive an entire summer, and not see another one.

Was great meeting Jeff today, the man that started this post. I may be a newbie in some respects, but have known of these cars for a long time. Mostly wife, kids,business, and life in general kept me busy ,but time got me to switch from the old mopars with big engines and poor handling into something thats more of a driver then simply a trailer queen. I plan on keeping the 87 Starion for just plain good driving, enjoying the work the previous owner did, and how well he kept the car in the 22 yrs he owned it. We all owe Mike a Huge Thank You for keeping this car in such beautiful shape. As for my 88 Conquest SHP, i told Jeff, thats going to be the beast, a mule to modify and torture, and try new things. This way i get the best of both worlds, no more wife, kids are grown and gone,most other headaches are behind me, as this is going to be some serious 4 cyl turbo fun.

Was great meeting Jeff today, the man that started this post. I may be a newbie in some respects, but have known of these cars for a long time. Mostly wife, kids,business, and life in general kept me busy ,but time got me to switch from the old mopars with big engines and poor handling into something thats more of a driver then simply a trailer queen. I plan on keeping the 87 Starion for just plain good driving, enjoying the work the previous owner did, and how well he kept the car in the 22 yrs he owned it. We all owe Mike a Huge Thank You for keeping this car in such beautiful shape. As for my 88 Conquest SHP, i told Jeff, thats going to be the beast, a mule to modify and torture, and try new things. This way i get the best of both worlds, no more wife, kids are grown and gone,most other headaches are behind me, as this is going to be some serious 4 cyl turbo fun.

Thanks Jon! This is going to be one fun ride for us... 2 guys + 5 Starquest's = trouble :D.

• Like 1

Had a great visit at Jeffs house today, his Low mileage Conquest is a wonderful example of what you would have seen in the later 80's as simply a nice car that you would want to own, couldnt get enough of this time capsule. His other conquest on the other hand is still very salvageable for being a northern car and could be a serious contender with enough time putting it back together. needless to say, i was impressed, great guy, with a couple of great cars. Keep up the good work as we both have a few issues to get things more the way we want, and headed in the right direction. Have a great day everyone, and Thanks to Jeff, a buddy close by to bounce ideas and wrenches around.

Thank you for all the kind word Jon. Your 87 Starion is awesome and in very very clean condition. I would have to say it is nicer then my low mile 87 Red Conquest and can't wait for you to get it on the road and take me for a spin.

A lot of what you said yesterday really sank in so I may be changing my direction of what I was planing on doing.

As i mentioned a car is only original once, and with the low miles you still can get alot of enjoyment from that red beauty without it being an issue. Im getting more done on the Starion on my days off, and hope to be using the car in another couple of weeks. Keep in touch