How many members think that the Starquest front end should have been shaped like the Ferrari 308? Ferrari 308

Caliber308

the hoodline can't be as elegant on the SQ, and thus not as low, so i think it would pull the bumper up to high if you tried to match the proportions.

Im more partial to the 412 design (except minus the visible driving lights)

http://www.allcarcentral.com/Ferrari/Ferrari_412i_1986_4DE0082_c-it-2008.jpg

One thing I noticed about the SQ front end is that the aerodynamics are in a way that I get a lot of bugs, more than any other vehicle I owned, which is quite a bit. Also, the grill is too small, which contributes to the bugs and is probably why a lot of SQ owners run hot with a stock set up.

One thing I noticed about the SQ front end is that the aerodynamics are in a way that I get a lot of bugs, more than any other vehicle I owned, which is quite a bit. Also, the grill is too small, which contributes to the bugs and is probably why a lot of SQ owners run hot with a stock set up.

Yep. I get a ton of bugs and rock chips on the front of mine.

Bill

I like the way the Starion nose angles down, all the cars back in the 80's were flat across the front and the Starion bulges out all over.. That 308 Ferrari's bumper is too high off the deck, I'm glad that trend is over. For a contemporary comparo, how about the Porsche 944? That car has a really clean front end, especially the turbo one.

I like the way the Starion nose angles down, all the cars back in the 80's were flat across the front and the Starion bulges out all over.. That 308 Ferrari's bumper is too high off the deck, I'm glad that trend is over. For a contemporary comparo, how about the Porsche 944? That car has a really clean front end, especially the turbo one.

944. Or the 928 with a different headlight configuration.

Bill

I was always very partial to the 89-90 240sx front end. Had a beautifully tapered nose IMO. I like the 308, but liked the later model 328 GTS. They smoothed the nose out a bit and got rid of the black bumper.

i disagree, i think it looks best the way it is.. i think the ferrari look would have been awful!

This/\!

The shape of the front of our cars is what I like most about the SQ's. Then the fender flares, then the door glass shape.

I am also very fond of the 2nd gen Daytonas, and the 2nd gen Preludes because they have a similar look.

Edited by Burton

And I understand the reasonings for pop up lamps to go away......but why!!!......Why!! I say did they have to? I think there is only one car made now with them.....and that's to bad. Edited by Leeintheconquest
  • Like 1

Flat front would make it kinda look more like the Celica Supra.

I like how it looks, although it sure does like to collect chips though.

Once I repaint my Conquest, I do plan on putting on a clear bra film on the front end.

http://www.hemmings.com/story_image/46597-500-0.jpg?rev=2

The only thing I would have had changed on the front end would have been to make it a bit more angular, with the middle jutting out futher forward a foot or so. That said, I do like it the way it is, too.