List of RARE parts

nomad

I'd not call these rare but I don't think they do this any longer.

420506_1882868529617_1778479606_965163_46896129_n.jpg

Headlight washer tank/switch/nozzles

404314_1882866409564_1778479606_965162_1221906478_n.jpg

Fender side markers

395959_1882865729547_1778479606_965161_136154193_n.jpg

Here's how you get this non US stuff. You find a nice person in the UK that wants some of the parts we have and swap or they will just sell them all to you for a few bucks not the insane price you see for tail lights. This stuff to them is NOT RARE, its on all their cars. That word "rare" is an over used word for something you don't have but someone else does.

404932_1882927811099_1778479606_965165_1666218887_n.jpg

Like the french man said, all the HKS parts are pretty uncommon, some almost unheard of. I know someone has a scan or copy of the brochure, but off the top of my head they offered:

- Intake elbows

- Bypass valve

- Downpipe

- Exhaust (still available I believe)

- Flywheel

- Turbo (TD06-19C I believe)

- Cam

- Fuel cut defencer (still available new)

I'm sure there are a few I'm missing as well...

I few other things I can think of that you don't see too often:

- OEM sunroof storage bag

- Greddy strut tower brace

- Paperwork & info, i.e. window stickers, sales brochures, magazine articles, ads, etc...

I've got a '88 Starion bra with Starion embrodered on it and a genuine Starion car cover in boxes in storage. I'll try get over there to take pictures of both of 'em in the next couple of days.

For What It's Worth.

KEN

Here is a picture with the Old Broad's bra on taken in '89. She did not need it then cuz she was only about 1.5 years old. She was still tight and nothing on her front end was sagging. ;)

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Starionpilot/Pictures%20Of%20The%20Star/starioncaus395eastofsierranevadamts.jpg

Side view

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Starionpilot/Pictures Of The Star/starioncaus395eastofmountwhitney1.jpg

Greetings,

I've checked through this post (great post BTW) and it made me wonder how rare my '85 really is I picked up like on a average sunday morning lol, without knowing all of this.

Went out to get my papers and indeed he is build at 07/05/1985, on my papers though it state, he is a 1983, but build date 07/05/1985

VIN number: JMBA183AMFZ******

As I understand this model of Intercooled flatty was only build for 1 month and no one knows how many there are in the world ?

Or even how many there are still in driving condition ?

Greetings,

I've checked through this post (great post BTW) and it made me wonder how rare my '85 really is I picked up like on a average sunday morning lol, without knowing all of this.

Went out to get my papers and indeed he is build at 07/05/1985, on my papers though it state, he is a 1983, but build date 07/05/1985

VIN number: JMBA183AMFZ******

As I understand this model of Intercooled flatty was only build for 1 month and no one knows how many there are in the world ?

Or even how many there are still in driving condition ?

US spec only had a short run of intercooled flatties. Other countries that never got the fatties had intercooled flatties instead.

Keith

Lucky me! I have the full set of window louvres! The rear is not installed, the previous owner did not like how hard it was to see out the back window, I'm going to put them on and see how I feel though, the side louvres look awesome though. And it looks like my '88 has the 86-87 models seats! Haha! Edited by sandmaster29

One correction: the center console with the roll up cubby hole was not 83 only. It for sure came in 84 too, and I believe 85 also. Basically you got the roll up cubby with the base two post, single din radio and if the car came with the upgrade double din radio you didnt' get the roll up door.

Another correction: I have a aluminum AC bracket and I doubt it wasn't original. Came on an early 84 plymouth and some of the other ac components were different also like the lines, fan, and compressor itself.

Roll up windows haven't been mentioned yet.

Another neat part is the 83/84 automated but not digital hvac controls.

The full grey interior (dash too) is rare.

85/86/87 steering wheels without radio controls are rare.

89 rear seat shoulder belts

the 84 automatic shifter is the only chrome t-handle one.

i just saw the uber rare 160mph speedo in SOTTYS car last night !

i would say the 5 lug/intercooled 85.5 Conquest is even rarer than its Starion sister and add ANY 87 flatty Starion or Conquest especially the Technica model, a rare breed even when new !

Haha, now he and I can race to 160.

Oh yeah, the 87 Flatty non IC ECU is uber rare.

-Robert

Hey guys i just looked through all that and i guess my 86 had a lot of rare stuff lol. 1 is the intercooler on my 86 flatty but idk if that is factory or not seeing as in it is a 4 lug car. another that kind of irratates me now are the louvers which it HAD on it.. now there probably in the trash because when we were towing it 6 years ago on the freeway it flew off which sucks. also it has manual seatbelts which im thankful for and the maroon plush seats so yea i gues i got a pretty great car

• 2 weeks later...

Center-Link, the problem with everyone steering, isn't available from the dealer.

We just got one brand new thru our local dealer last month. They are still available.