I've been selected

dmyers151

Or rather, my handiwork has been selected, to appear in the May issue of Modified Magazine as part of their "Readers' Rides" issue. I'm not sure how many other folks applied, but I'm truly honored to have the opportunity. It's surreal to think that something I put together in my driveway is going to be in a magazine, haha.

It's not a full blown feature like John (Convette) got with his LS1 car, but they tell me I'm getting 2 pages. The pictures are all things I had to submit, it's nothing really new, as the car is in hibernation for the winter.

I've been told the issue will be on sale in early April.

Here's the email I got from the editor, Dave. We've been bs'ing about cars back and forth via email for the past few days. He seems like a pretty awesome dude.

Hi Dale,

Not sure if you've been told, but we've selected your Conquest for a 2-page feature in the Readers' Rides issue. Attached is a first draft of the story. Please let me know if you'd like anything changed or added, and if you'd like to thank anyone special then please add a short list to the end of the spec sheet at the bottom of the document.

Also, if you have any higher resolution images of your Conquest, please send those over to me too. We can always use higher res images whenever they're available.

Thanks,

Dave Pratte

Columnist & Contributor

Modified Mag

This is the post from Speedhunters that I replied to:

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2012/01/12/magazine-blog-modified-gt-gt-2012-readers-rides-issue.aspx

congrat's dale!!

i'm so happy for you. you've done a great job with your car and you deserve it all the way!!

keep up the goods. and i'll try to make time to go see you soon.

i'm also planning a big re-build in the near future and need your help alot.

next time i go up, i'll bring my good camera for a photo session.

tae

Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind words. Like I said, I'm honored to have the opportunity. I never thought the car would get as much positive attention as it does.

I thanked the community as a whole, and made special note of a few individuals. The local guys made the list, as well as a few of our "vendors" who provided special bits that set the car off from the rest.

seems these cars are making a mainstream comeback. only a matter of time before all the "fast and furious" fanboys pick them up and TRY to make them the next.....(dont hate me)....240sx....

None the less i will be buying that issue just to read about your car (even though i might be able to on here) and congrats man!

Edited by Ron Burgandy

i'm so happy for you.

LOL... this reminded me of something...

Yo Dale, I'm really happy for you, and Imma let you finish... but... Jackie Chan had one of the best Starions of all time.

So what issue will this be published in??

seems these cars are making a mainstream comeback. only a matter of time before all the "fast and furious" fanboys pick them up and TRY to make them the next.....(dont hate me)....240sx....

None the less i will be buying that issue just to read about your car (even though i might be able to on here) and congrats man!

I'd rather not have the RWD Civic crowd (aka 240sUx crowd) wrecking SQ's, adding ricer tax, and hipster modding... lol.

-Robert