Truck driver wins Lamborghini, crashes it hours later......idiot

TopDawg_43

Thanks to a Utah convenience store's contest, Frito-Lay truck driver David Dopp won another set of wheels last Saturday: this lime-green, 631-hp Lamborghini Murcielago LP-640, worth at least $200,000. Such an awesome car that will...oops, he already wrecked it.

Just a few hours after getting the keys to the V-12 powered Italian supercar named for a famed Spanish fighting bull, Dopp took to the roads around his home in Santaquin, Utah. According to In Santaquin News, police were called about dusk after a witness spotted the all-wheel-drive Lambo bass-ackwards in a field, with skidmarks from where it left the road.

Dopp -- who had apparently already taken one call from the local police about takin' it easy before going off-road -- says he was going about 40 mph to 50 mph on a 35-mph road when he hit a patch of what he called black ice or gravel. The police report says the car went over a curb, off the road and 75 feet into the field, calling the accident "speed related."

The Murcielago is now bound for Las Vegas, where mechanics will calculate a repair estimate on the busted oil pan and damaged bumper. Dopp, who has insurance, says the day was "an emotional roller coaster." If you mess with a bull, don't be surprised when you get the horns

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/truck-driver-wins-lamborghini-crashes-hours-later-220724449.html

Edited by TopDawg_43

Very True, that would have to be the sweetest 500$ Deductible to pay :P

hell, he probably had to get a 1000 deductible to afford insurance for it lol

edit- can you imagine insurance? hello im calling to report a accident "sir you just added this car at noon" lol

Edited by Skullzaflare
  • Like 1

hell, he probably had to get a 1000 deductible to afford insurance for it lol

edit- can you imagine insurance? hello im calling to report a accident "sir you just added this car at noon" lol

that phone call had to be Priceless!

Sad part is that he likely has to pay for winning the car with the "gift tax" bologna (could be like 50% value too). Frito Lay driver with $100k banked in this economy not likely. Bet he planned on re-selling to cover the taxes owed....he may be in trouble now. Don't know exactly how the gift tax works but I've heard horror stories from game show contestants, etc. that couldn't afford their prizes...LOL.

Sad part is that he likely has to pay for winning the car with the "gift tax" bologna (could be like 50% value too). Frito Lay driver with $100k banked in this economy not likely. Bet he planned on re-selling to cover the taxes owed....he may be in trouble now. Don't know exactly how the gift tax works but I've heard horror stories from game show contestants, etc. that couldn't afford their prizes...LOL.

I was thinking the same thing. If I won it, sadly it would be for sale the next day. Take a couple joyrides then park it in the garage.

I was thinking the same thing. If I won it, sadly it would be for sale the next day. Take a couple joyrides then park it in the garage.

I'd first, do the dirty deed with the misses in the car. Then go for a joy ride. Then up for sale.

+1

His insurance probably said "WHAT? Ok sir, and for the next 10 years, we own you!!"

Actually, he will get dropped as soon as they pay the claim, and he will have dificulty getting new insurance.

Unfortunately I have experience with this. I totalled my 96 Grand Am 8 hours after I insured it with a new company to try and save a few bucks over Progressive, who I'd been with for years. Well, the new insurance company paid to total the car then dropped me. I ended up back at Progressive at a substantially higher rate than before I left to save a few bucks.

What's more expensive than insuring a Lamborghini? Insuring a Lamborghini after being dropped from insurance for wrecking it the first day you have it. I can't imagine a truck driver for Frito-Lay can afford a $1000 a month car insurance bill.

He had to put his house up as collateral to afford the insurance, and he isn't the bit remorseful of the accident. Considering on top of the insurance, the taxes to pay for winning it are probably near 100k, more than what he makes in a year, I Guarantee he crashed it to save his own tail and get 300k out of the full coverage insurance.

-Justin

Actually hes one of the best people I know. Used alot of his own money to help my 1st car and now my 2nd to keep running during periods when I was unemployed.

Now that I think about it,........ It may have been scooterdoob who wanted to fill his gas tank with cement to get more $ from the scrapmetal place. If it was I'm sorry toadie. I got you 2 mixed up.

My wife wwone some $$ on a game show, it just counted as income with our other earnings. It will count as regulr income. $30,000 salary +$ 200,000 car= $230,000 income for 2011. If he has normal writeoffs, he's probably gonna owe about 25% in taxes. 230,000 x .25 = $57,500 in taxes.

On things like cash bonus's or cash winnings, they take out the highest tax rate of like 43%, but in the end you still settle up with the IRS/state for whatever you "final" tax bracket is at the end of the year.

Perhaps they should have also gave him free driving lessons at Lamborghinis test track prior to delivery of the car :lol:

Bill

LOL, For sure.

My wife won a 2 year lease on a f150 truck, I paid almost 2k in taxes, title- then got a 1099 for $10,000.00 the worth of the depreciation :(

Dad