SO what is the status of your Starquest?

DryBear

54 members have voted

1. 1. What role(s) does your Starquest play?

• Daily Driver
    • Weekend Fun Toy
    • Autocrosser
    • Supadorifto!
    • Drag Strip Runner
    • Jackstand Racing

Haha... what if you have one of each?? The status of my car is Big Pimpin'.

I find that my car works better as that weekend nice car.

It's not that I don't trust it, I personally think that my Starion is likely one of the most dependable examples to be found.......

But why risk the rigors of daily driving after all that effort? Someone could mash it, parts acquisitions take a bit of time, anything could happen. Much better to have something easily replaced for the daily chores. Mercury Grand Marquis' fit that bill nicely, since they seem to be a dime a dozen.

It's like having a Casio for your daily watch, and a Breitling for when you go out.

Tim

Every time I step outside, is going out. I built the car to enjoy it, and the best enjoyment comes from driving it.

Haha, this guy in a Jetta rolled by on the freeway the other night, he stared so hard that even though he was already passed my car he was almost fully turned around in his seat staring.

-Robert

I used to drive my previous Conquests everyday until I bought a trailer queen about 10 years ago.Since then I drive it pretty hard on nice days in the summer and take it to the occasional car show but mostly it sits in the garage under a car cover.I've let my interest drift to my 93 Audi S4 this year but now that it's all sorted out next spring I'm finally going to introduce the Quest to the track.I don't think she needs anything but the track will let me know real quick.Boogity, boogity, boogity, let's go racing boys!

Our SQ's have always pretty much been just for weekend fun going to car shows and the drag strip on a rare occasion. When we moved down here from TX in Nov of 07 I drove it down here and then daily drove it until around March of 09, when I went and redid the body, painted it and put the huge system in. Since then it's been a weekend fun car or in repair, and has seen under 1000 miles.

Driven daily from April to the end of Sept. My Starion doesn't like to be driven in the snow ;) I liked modding it almost as much as driving it...Well, almost as much ;)After 8 years of working on it and a ton of money spent, the only thing left is to install lower adjustable front coil overs, then i'm done.

Bill