Time to upgrade my daily driver

Truth

A little over two years ago, I purchased my 1999 Maxima SE in the five speed variety and was thrilled. Well, as B.B. King would say... the thrill is gone away. It just doesn't have the pep is used to... I've went through a bunch of coil packs, a slave cylinder, the front valence's paint is chipping away at the bottom, there's a big crack in the windshield, two large dents because of careless people, and my clutch fluid seems to disappear without leaking in my driveway... haven't figured that one out yet. I digress...

I'm going to upgrade my daily driver one way or another. I've been checking edmunds.com for the best possible sports sedan with low maintenance and great reliability. I refuse to drive an automatic, so we'll take that into consideration. I hath narrowed it down a bit:

Infiniti G35 sedan

Saab 9-5 sedan

Acura TSX

I really like the rear wheel drive sportiness of the Infiniti, the styling of the Saab, and the reliability of the Acura. I suppose I should just go and test drive all of them this week. Anyone own any of those vehicles and can give me your experiences with them?

4 grand takes the Maxima. Included in that, I'll touch up the paint spots and get a new windshield. I'll also get two new front tires as well. It's not a bad car, it's just got bad luck. It has 128k miles I believe. I'd have to go outside and check, but I'm lacking the motivation at this time.

I'm car-shopping right now myself and I like the 9-5 quite a bit. You can probably get the best deal on that one. Also, you might find it a plus or a minus depending on your own prejudices, but recent Saabs are more or less General Motors. I think that's a good thing, as GM reliability really seems to have swung up in recent years.

Of the other two, I have no experience with the Acura. I really loved the G35 until I rode in one. Feels a little vanilla if you ask me.

Of course, I'm the weird guy. I like cars with character, which means I prefer the Saab. I say this as I'm about to add a third Jaguar to the family fleet.

Jess

9-5 is best amongst your list but for me it would be this..03 S4 with a 6spd handles on rails in the twistys and is comfy at rush hour

http://germancarwiki.com/lib/exe/fetch.php/audi/s4/2001_audi_s4.jpg

If you like the 9-5 you'll love the TurboX, turbo charged 6 rather than being a 4cyl. Also has a better exterior look.

If you do go G35 make sure you get and 07 or newer. They changed the interior and added a better timing system to the engine. You're best bet is to get the G37 if you're looking for an automatic as the new G37's come with a sweet 7-speed auto. I priced these out extensivly and you can get an 07 with 40k loaded with every option in manual for around $22.5. The Saab TurboX's are really hard to find and when you do they are expensive. The TSX has a nice look but FWD = Fail.

I used to have a maxipad, 2000 auto.

I have to vote for the Acura make, but bump up to the TL's. You can find them with a 6 spd from 04 - 08, and 07-08 you can bump up to the Type-S for the bigger engine, 3.5l versus 3.2l, and some styling changes.

I've been enjoying my 06 TL auto for a year and a half. Plenty of power, looks sharp, and gets great mileage.

saabs are garbage, weird ugly and hard to work on.(torx bolts for everthing) Get a G. I had a CL-type S an loved it, I got a tsx as a loaner when it was getting serviced, and while it was nice, it had no balls compared to my CLS. I love Acura's, but I'd have to say go with the G.

G35....I <3 the VQ :D!.

My mom has a 04 TSX and it is a good car. Its and auto so not fast but Im sure the Manual ones are better, plus they rev to 8k rather then 7k. The motors in them are great too. 2.4 Vtech. I think its K24

Well, went by the Audi dealership and test drove this bad boy:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=282561649&dealer_id=47689953&car_year=2003&rdm=1280944871046&lastStartYear=1981&model=&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=2002&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=10&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&sownerid=65144507&showZipError=y&make=AUDI&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar::ispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=28213&advanced=&end_year=2004&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=10&standard=false&rdpage=thumb

and pictures do NOT do it justice by any means. This thing was sharp. It's one owner, and all the services have been done at that dealership. Went and test drove it for 30 minutes and it was smooth as butter. I'm strongly considering getting it. Thoughts?

Only thing I'd do different is I'd get the S4 with the 2.7L twin turbo....but if you don't have to have all that power, then that is a great choice for you!

It will be worlds nicer than your Max.

Turborusty

Turborusty

Just called Nationwide, and my insurance premium would only increase by like 17 dollars a month... and the plot thickens... I just keep reading the consumer reviews on edmunds.com and some of them don't say very flattering things about the reliability. Everything else is top notch.

Just called Nationwide, and my insurance premium would only increase by like 17 dollars a month... and the plot thickens... I just keep reading the consumer reviews on edmunds.com and some of them don't say very flattering things about the reliability. Everything else is top notch.

Its an Audi. They have VW motors so of course they arent going to be reliable :P. Audi and VWs burn more oil then any car Ive seen. Boosted(Jason) worked at JiffyLube and those things came in all the time without any oil on the dipstick. I will say tho the VR6 motor is just bad. Makes a decent amount of power but o0o0ohh the sound she makes is amazing! :D

Now Im not an Audi fan by any means. Its just a more expensive crappy VW IMO. Id take a BMW over and Audi any day. Much more engineering in a BMW then an Audi. Although Audis interior is amazing. And If I had the chance to own a S4 Avant wagon Id get one in a heart beat....