Snowman3karrotz is a thief

mistapickles

As many of you know, I'm a graphic artist. I have done the shirts for the 2010 Vegas Nationals, have done many photoshops/chops for members, graphics layouts for members and shared my layouts with you all for your input. None of which I have asked a nickel for because hey, we have something in common, which means we are like family (however disfunctional it may be in some cases). When people saw designs they liked on my layout page, if they asked I would let them have it because I would be honored if you thought my stuff was worthy of your car. But today, Snowman3karrotz stole from me. Today he TOLD me he was using the design in my signature and he was going to let me know how it comes out. If he would have asked, even though he's a newby, I still would have given it to him, but since he TOLD me he was using it I told him he was going to pay for the design. Now he's telling me that he doesn't care that he's stealing from me because the user name being used is his brother's and I cant do anything to him. Long story short, he's stealing my design. His e-mail is snowman3k2000@yahoo.com, his name is Jake, his address is 1020e lilac lane hinsdale il 60521 and his phone number is 224-567-2068. I have this information because he said I can come out there and deal with him if I had a problem, offered half my plane ticket to come out and do something. If you come across this e-mail, address, phone number or a white or orange conquest in the Arlington Heights area of Illinois, it's probably him.

If there's anybody out there that can show me how to post my e-mail thread, I'll just post it and you can make your own decision.

this is a whiny post. Dude get over it. You posted it on the net and that pretty much makes it public domain. This thread sounds like a 2 year old screaming MINE MINE MINE.

Using a design you posted online is not a good reason for trying to defame another member. Given the background you have posted on what happened, this thread is a pretty chicken S... thing to do.

Sleep on it tonite and hopefully tommorrow you will realize this wasn't worth getting upset over.

Edited by ucw458

As many of you know, I'm a graphic artist. I have done the shirts for the 2010 Vegas Nationals, have done many photoshops/chops for members, graphics layouts for members and shared my layouts with you all for your input. None of which I have asked a nickel for because hey, we have something in common, which means we are like family (however disfunctional it may be in some cases). When people saw designs they liked on my layout page, if they asked I would let them have it because I would be honored if you thought my stuff was worthy of your car. But today, Snowman3karrotz stole from me. Today he TOLD me he was using the design in my signature and he was going to let me know how it comes out. If he would have asked, even though he's a newby, I still would have given it to him, but since he TOLD me he was using it I told him he was going to pay for the design. Now he's telling me that he doesn't care that he's stealing from me because the user name being used is his brother's and I cant do anything to him. Long story short, he's stealing my design. His e-mail is snowman3k2000@yahoo.com, his name is Jake, his address is 1020e lilac lane hinsdale il 60521 and his phone number is 224-567-2068. I have this information because he said I can come out there and deal with him if I had a problem, offered half my plane ticket to come out and do something. If you come across this e-mail, address, phone number or a white or orange conquest in the Arlington Heights area of Illinois, it's probably him.

If there's anybody out there that can show me how to post my e-mail thread, I'll just post it and you can make your own decision.

hahaha this is awesome stuff... and arlington heights lmao thats like a hour and sum away from me im in hinsdale burr ridge area. I live right behind the mcdonalds off of 83, you cant miss my house i have a prelude, monte carlo ss and a conquest.

and soo what if i duplicated a car from your design, no one cares...

many people duplicate cars off fast and furious and no one asks, they just do it!

I can only see this two ways:

One, Snowman was so stoked about the coolness of the design, he was giving you props by saying "Dude, I'm so gonna steal your design, it's so dope" which, granted, isn't very polite, but still was meant as a compliment.

Two, he is such a "donkey butt" that he decided he liked the design, and just to be more of said "donkey butt" decided he was gonna rub it in by telling you he was going to steal the design.

I'm bettin' it was the first, and you just took it wrong mistapickles. I remember nothing about seeing post such as this from you before, you've always seemed pretty level headed. As said earlier, give it a bit, relax a bit, maybe you'll see it the way most of the rest of us do.

And Snowman, I can understand gettin' defensive, but you also should step back, relax and try not to be a douche about it. Just a simple, "man, I'm sorry, I didn't realize you'd be upset about me using a design you made that is just so super cool. If you really don't want me to use it, I won't, but I'd appreciate it if you changed your mind, it's just so cool and I like it so much."

Think about it guys....please

this is a whiny post. Dude get over it. You posted it on the net and that pretty much makes it public domain. This thread sounds like a 2 year old screaming MINE MINE MINE.

Using a design you posted online is not a good reason for trying to defame another member. Given the background you have posted on what happened, this thread is a pretty chicken S... thing to do.

Sleep on it tonite and hopefully tommorrow you will realize this wasn't worth getting upset over.

of course your feeling like this, Kelly never did this to you with your exhaust manifold...of course you never wrote a post like this....you just got over it too right?

And people get sued every day for using images off the internet, there's this whole industry called marketing ya know, and people get paid for their art because they put their time and effort(and a lot of times money) into making things that people would think are cool. It's how they feed their families.

Edited by mistapickles

hahaha this is awesome stuff... and arlington heights lmao thats like a hour and sum away from me im in hinsdale burr ridge area. I live right behind the mcdonalds off of 83, you cant miss my house i have a prelude, monte carlo ss and a conquest.

many people duplicate cars off fast and furious and no one asks, they just do it!

You know, you should stop being a d*** and learn some humility. It goes a long way in this world. Just saying. If you really wanted to use his design, you could of used a bit more tact.

I was called out for using a banner that was made for 26liter on a blogspot of mine - I knew the guy who made it, but, someone else mentioned something about it, so I got in touch with him, asked him if it was cool with him. He was all for it. No bridges were burned, no drama ensued, and everyone lived happily ever after. ^_^

Edited by Fanta

I can only see this two ways:

One, Snowman was so stoked about the coolness of the design, he was giving you props by saying "Dude, I'm so gonna steal your design, it's so dope" which, granted, isn't very polite, but still was meant as a compliment.

Two, he is such a "donkey butt" that he decided he liked the design, and just to be more of said "donkey butt" decided he was gonna rub it in by telling you he was going to steal the design.

I'm bettin' it was the first, and you just took it wrong mistapickles. I remember nothing about seeing post such as this from you before, you've always seemed pretty level headed. As said earlier, give it a bit, relax a bit, maybe you'll see it the way most of the rest of us do.

And Snowman, I can understand gettin' defensive, but you also should step back, relax and try not to be a douche about it. Just a simple, "man, I'm sorry, I didn't realize you'd be upset about me using a design you made that is just so super cool. If you really don't want me to use it, I won't, but I'd appreciate it if you changed your mind, it's just so cool and I like it so much."

Think about it guys....please

T r u t h .

I didn't make designs for the movie screen, I made them for a forum with people who have class enough not to race civics, nor are they 16 years old and want a car just like they like they saw on the movie screen, but they are definitely old enough to have a little respect and ask before they take people's s***. I have been asked by at least six people to use my designs before even considering to actually do the work. Judging by your response on here, as well as in your email, I don't have to do anything, go ahead, use it, karma is a biyatch and you are a son of it. I just wanted to post on here so others would know, for the most part we watch each other's back.

Oh noes! Someone 's gonna paint a car like someone elses!

I can understand the frustration as I've had people copy me too. I used to get pissed about it, but what can you do about it? Nothing unless you have it copyrighted, and even then you'll spend more money trying to take someone to court than it's worth.

It may be a douchebag move for him to copy your hard work, but if you put some pics of cool ideas online, then someone's going to copy it- simple as that.

I also have a question to ask you... As a painter, have you ever seen a paint job on a car and liked it so much, you did something similar? If you said yes, then that's the same thing that snowman's doing. If you said no, then you're lying LOL.

It sucks, but just take it as a compliment, and when the car's done, you'll at least know you originated that look.

Dude your one to talk. You stole the pic that I photoshopped of Demontsi's car and used it on your vegas t-shirt design, trying to claim you did it, wiht out even asking me. You know the conversaion we had. Your a jacker yourself, all so called designers are.

but they are definitely old enough to have a little respect and ask before they take people's s***.

Believing that was your first mistake. There's gonna be people on every site with every type of car who don't have the creativity to come up with the stuff themselves, so they're gonna copy.

At least you know you were the leader, not the follower.

Dude your one to talk. You stole the pic that I photoshopped of Demontsi's car and used it on your vegas t-shirt design, trying to claim you did it, wiht out even asking me. You know the conversaion we had. Your a f-ing jacker yourself, all so called designers are.

like I told you way back then, if you didn't like the car on the shirt, all you had to do was say so and I would have made another design, which is what I'm going to do right now as no shirts have been printed. The difference between these two instances, you had a choice, me and Brazil Boy said we wouldn't use your base image if you didn't want and you said it was cool as long as you got a shirt for free. In this case, I said no, the guy said he didn't care and is using it anyway. See how that works, you are expressing that you don't want your car used and I'm obliging.

I never said I didn't want it used. I had a choice? You didn't ask me before you put it on there. Only until I said something is when we came to an agreement. I honestly don't care, I just think its funny that someone takes your pic and now your crying about it. See how that works.

I never said I didn't want it used. I had a choice? You didn't ask me s hit before you put it on there. Only until I said something is when we came to an agreement. I honestly don't care, I just think its funny that someone takes your pic and now your crying about it. See how that works.

the fact that you are mentioning it here shows me there is a problem with me using the image, therefore, I'm not using it...now how would you feel if you had said something about it and I just said "f*** you, I'm using it anyway"? are we talking about the same thing here?

the fact that you are mentioning it here shows me there is a problem with me using the image, therefore, I'm not using it...now how would you feel if you had said something about it and I just said "f*** you, I'm using it anyway"? are we talking about the same thing here?

I don't necessarily think he's bringing it up because there's a problem, I think he's posting it to show you're a hipocrite.

Now, how would you feel if he had posted up your address, phone number and email because you were gonna use his picture on a shirt?

It doesn't matter if someone used it without "permission", or said they were gonna use no matter what the owner of the pic said. The fact remains it would be a d*** move, but at the same time, there's not a damn thing anyone can do about it.

The first time someone used one of my pics, I had a huge hissy fit. It didn't stop the person from using it, and there wasn't a damn thing I could do about it. In the end I just looked like a baby, so I learned from that experience. Now if someone uses a pic, or copies one of my mods, I may not really like it, but I've learned to take it as the compliment it is, and handle it with class.

Posting up the person's personal info because of it deffinately isn't classy

I don't necessarily think he's bringing it up because there's a problem, I think he's posting it to show you're a hipocrite.

Now, how would you feel if he had posted up your address, phone number and email because you were gonna use his picture on a shirt?

It doesn't matter if someone used it without "permission", or said they were gonna use no matter what the owner of the pic said. The fact remains it would be a d*** move, but at the same time, there's not a damn thing anyone can do about it.

The first time someone used one of my pics, I had a huge hissy fit. It didn't stop the person from using it, and there wasn't a damn thing I could do about it. In the end I just looked like a baby, so I learned from that experience. Now if someone uses a pic, or copies one of my mods, I may not really like it, but I've learned to take it as the compliment it is, and handle it with class.

Posting up the person's personal info because of it deffinately isn't classy

well written.

Like I told you before, I don't have problem with you using it at all, I do have a problem with you acting like you created it. That said, at least dude asked you first. btw you sound like a f-ing child.

haha

I'm going to start suspending people if all the name calling and Profanity Skirting doesn't stop. I have better things to do with my time other that editing deliberate skirting of the language filter. It is much easier to get rid of the offender once rather than continously edit material not allowed on SQC. The decision is yours.

Jimmy