How Fast....

Cole

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you guys can read your tachometers, then you can calculate your speed.

Check out this pre made table with all the correct gear ratios:

http://www.car-videos.net/tools/speedrpm.asp?Car=Select&Num1=225&Num2=50&Num3=16&AxleRatio=3.545&Ratio1=3.369&Ratio2=2.035&Ratio3=1.360&Ratio4=1.0&Ratio5=.856&Ratio6=&Ratio7=&Redline=6500&Increment=100&B1=Recalculate

141.1 MPH 6000 RPM

143.5 MPH 6100 RPM

145.8 MPH 6200 RPM

148.2 MPH 6300 RPM

150.5 MPH 6400 RPM

152.9 MPH 6500 RPM

-Robert

In my current Conquest...I reached 125mph tonight actually...racing my friend Adam in HIS Conquest. Had plenty more to go, but the road was getting wavy and rough so I backed off. I knew I was going really fast, when I was shifting into 5th with my foot planted on the floor.

In past Conquests...I have in fact touched 137mph on a long straight smooth road. Steady as any.

Edited by Coke

I think I did like 140 in the driveway with tons of ice just sitting there.

LMFAO I had my car up on my lift trying to find a drivetrain rattle....and with all 4 wheels off the ground, i put her in 5th and stood on it. MAN did that speedometer climb in a hurry. I thought I was gonna break it!

Id say we need to post GPS verified speeds so......go get u some !:ph34r:

I have hit 135 in mine years ago as indicated , racing an acura 14g was at like 20 psi had a 1g mas and 2.5 catless exhaust fuel pump cam and a couple other mods at the time , I am real careful about hitting any speed over 90 now myself as in VA they will just lock you up , take your car and cause a bunch of ha-rang with court and all .

id be interested to see how accurate our speedos really are .

Id say we need to post GPS verified speeds so......go get u some !:ph34r:

I have hit 135 in mine years ago as indicated , racing an acura 14g was at like 20 psi had a 1g mas and 2.5 catless exhaust fuel pump cam and a couple other mods at the time , I am real careful about hitting any speed over 90 now myself as in VA they will just lock you up , take your car and cause a bunch of ha-rang with court and all .

id be interested to see how accurate our speedos really are .

You aint lying man.. A friend of mine did time for 92 on the highway in goochland! The judges words to him were "anyone over 90 mph in my court is going to jail"

Ive had my car up to 110-115 a few years ago. I guess im no internet hero :wacko:

If you guys can read your tachometers, then you can calculate your speed.

Check out this pre made table with all the correct gear ratios:

http://www.car-videos.net/tools/speedrpm.asp?Car=Select&Num1=225&Num2=50&Num3=16&AxleRatio=3.545&Ratio1=3.369&Ratio2=2.035&Ratio3=1.360&Ratio4=1.0&Ratio5=.856&Ratio6=&Ratio7=&Redline=6500&Increment=100&B1=Recalculate

141.1 MPH 6000 RPM

143.5 MPH 6100 RPM

145.8 MPH 6200 RPM

148.2 MPH 6300 RPM

150.5 MPH 6400 RPM

152.9 MPH 6500 RPM

-Robert

your site seems rather out of whack, try this site. :blink:

http://webspace.webring.com/people/cz/z_design_studio/

132 ish racing a LS1 Camaro. Z-rated tires, MPI, 19C at that time, lowered on coilovers, strut bats, camber-plates, etc (incase Ken is reading this...lol) Car was smooth as silk, just was running out of road and shut down. 100-110 is just a 3rd gear pull and short shift into 4th...usually all it takes to get the attention of Mustang owners around here. ;)

Pegged the 4G64 car out a few times, I don't have a GPS so I'm not even going to throw a number out there. We were moving pretty good though. My nitrous liter bike was geared to hell and would top out at 173.. but it would nearly do it in the 1/4 mile. I topped it out a lot on the street. I drive the Cobra like a granny, but it pulls a lot harder than the 4G car and with the 3.27 gears it makes for a VERY fun highway car.

I had my 2003 Sentra up to 120 once. Ran that way for a good hour or 2 at least but that wasn't in VA and that was YEARS ago. I won't take my 'quest over 80. Last time I did she shook like an earthquake in CA. I'm sure I've fixed those issues since then but I don't care to test the theory. If I can't get someone of the line or in the first 2-3 shifts, it's safe to say I'm not going to catch them period so why be reckless? Besides, you think Goochland is bad? Try doing even the SLIGHTEST thing wrong in VB. I got pulled over once for a tire bumping a curb when I took a turn.

• 4 years later...
I've gone warp speed before... My speedo didn't work and my GPS doesn't equate light speed correctly but I know I was going fast. NASA's looking into it for me.

Hahaha MPG you're stupid.

I have yet to be reckless enough to try and push D to the limit but I have reached 100 one night I was running late for the agreement my dad and I had made for me to make it home lol. The entire 80 miles I was doing over 75, sometimes 80, a few even 85 but she has never rattled at such speeds. I haven't tried it since the installation of my D2's but I'm sure she'll be just as fine. Ohh btw, that night I made it home in about 60 mins if you don't count the stop for gas :D

Edited by CarlosFley

My top speeds are as follows: 135 in my first Conquest, 110 to 120 multiple times in a couple of others. The fastest I've driven on a public road (interstate) is 165 in a decently modified '85 Mustang GT. Edited by TSI_SVT