anyone here a MENSA member?

patra_is_here

My wife was asked to be the president of the MENSA club while at the Univ. some years ago. She didn't accept it. I got the feeling that they were a bit snotty, and sat around talking about how smart they were.

I can't remember, but was is the min. IQ to be a member.

I was tested many years ago in school and mine was 135. But I think it is about 80 now.

Edited by Whiplash

Here's a whole list of qualifying scores http://www.mensafoundation.org/Content/AML...fyingScores.htm

And by the way I was an active member in college. Yes, a lot of them are snotty but if you have the chance to become a member I highly suggest it. We went to all types of mathmatics/physics competitions and seminars as well as some great general problem solving competitions where you get some prep time before hand. Ever do "Odyssey of the Mind" in High School? Think of that on steroids ;)

May sound boring but I had a lot of fun with it.

We went to all types of mathmatics/physics competitions and seminars as well as some great general problem solving competitions where you get some prep time before hand.

May sound boring but I had a lot of fun with it.

dude i'm such a dork. i love math and physics and problem solving. thanks for the bit of info.

I remember when I went to math competitions back in school. I didn't even sign up for it, the teacher signed me up... but I went because I got out of school. That was actually fun, aside from the uber nerdy kids who didn't shower often.

I got the feeling that they were a bit snotty, and sat around talking about how smart they were.

LOL!!

-Robert

I guess I could have and still could. My last Cognitive Abilities Test was 147 in college.

However in college I was involved with the ACM and we did most of the same going to math a physics comps and conf's but most of our stuff was more twards computer Sci. and that was what I was into. We built and programed a robot arm to feed us ice cream. That was our big acheavment.