Broke my foot at work yesterday...

BOHO

It is extremely painful...I rolled my ankle...tore a tendon and it pulled a piece of bone with it when it tore....Holy crap....its is bad....NO BUENO!!!

Anyone else break a foot or tear something before???

Ive broken my Left ankle twice. 2nd time I did it I rolled it and pulled all the ligaments and fractured the bone. It was very painful. still to this day I have a lot less movement in this ankle then the one I haven't broken

I deff feel your pain.

Good luck and get well soon!

-Mario

I destroyed my foot in a motorcycle accident, i went off the front of the bike and my ankle collided with the edge of the windscreen, tore my shoe off and just utterly destroyed my foot. doc said no more walking. but i can and do. But after standing on it all day long it will start to hurt :(

oh i also tore my rotator cuff in my shoulder. to this day it isn't 100%

get better! hope they gave ya some good meds!!

havent gotten a foot thank goodness, but ive messed up my fair share of others. i seem to be pretty abusive to my left hand. broke 2 fingers at one point, then a few years later broke 2 bones near my wrist, the 2 bones that connect to your wrist that operate your thumb and pinky finger. then about a year ago i broke a metacarpal in the back of my hand.

all of that healed right up and i dont have any trouble whatsoever. however i broke up my collarbone in two places. the same bone was broken in two places about an inch apart. now that one was bad and super painfull. let me describe it this way.

the whole story about childbirth being so painfull is a total crock of shiat.

if childbirth was HALF as bad as my collar bone break, women would stop that crap after the first one.

matter of fact they might not ever give us any again, just to avoid the possibility.

that one still gives me trouble but the bone is fine, the trouble is due to some muscles in there that got tore up pretty bad. most times i dont even pay it any attn. but i still know its not just 100% right.

Edited by pure_insanity

I used to play hockey in highschool. I blocked a shot in the first period that hurt like hell. It hit right below the shinguard on my right ankle. I sat on the bench for a couple shifts, then played the rest of the game w/ some discomfort. After the game, as soon as I undid my skate, the pain rushed unto my foot like water. I couldn't pull the skate off it swelled up so quickly. I was PO'd cause they had to cut the skate off, and I had just bought them. I chipped a bunch of ankle bones and had to get debris cleared out.

Now I can tell if a storm's coming.

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/2594/dscf0050qee.jpg

Edited by Mazarin

Oh man that bites..I dislocated my ankle ounce Doc said it was my body weight was too much and causing problems at certain angles, I was pushing 300..Now I am quite a bit lighter and my ankle is happier...

As some who went to Nats know I cut my left thumb at the knuckle with my pocket knive at the end of may. I cut my tendon, some cartledge and fractured my bone. I had a pin sticking out the end up my thumb untill the end of june and now I am still wearing what they call a dynamic splint. It allows me some movment of my thumb but I still can barley bend my first knuckle closest to my finger nail. Doc said 12weeks total healing time, im on week 8 now seems like forever.

Good luck with your foot and get ready for the doctor bills to start rolling in, insurance or not.

Edited by Hoosierquest

I rolled my foot once working at Disney World. It was agonizing even to just have it sit there, but a bag of ice and a night's sleep and it was pretty much back to normal. After I did that though, it hurt, but not much, so I continued to work. It hurt more and more as the day went on, then after I stopped moving, it was much worse. No break though, pretty sure it was just a sprain. I've never broken any bones, and sure hope I don't.

Had a high ankle sprain once...puffed up next day to balloon tight. purple stripes all over from tears. Crutches for 2 months...no fun in IL winter. Thankfully the Starion & I got a temp. Handicap pass from DMV.

I just tore something minor on the inside arch in front of the heel of L foot rounding bases full tilt in softball on Thurs. Can't turn left as fast now. (doh)

Hope we both get better quick.

^^^Wins....

Sheesh dude...

From now on, if I'm having a bad day, I'm just going to think to myself, "well, I could be BOHO..."

lol...

Serious question...

As of now I'm still employeed by my company...I might have to have surgery if the ligament is bad enough....Can they lay me off if I got hurt on the job? before I recover I mean??? Anyone know

sucks getting hurt at work cause they useally will find a reason too get rid of you once you return

i hope you filled out a acident report

http://fmlaonline.com/

depends on a lot of varriables.

Workmans comp shoudl take care of you if you were on the clock, even if it was your own fault (but not gross neglegance or intentional).

How did it happen?

I jumped over a 2 foot tall conveyor...its something we all do 1000 times.....all the time...Its not really a jump....like strateling it and when my first foot went down...rolled it....

I'm not out on medical though.....If I miss work its considered a lost time accident.....I'm saving the company money...I went to work today and sat in the office.....

But you are recieving treatment thru worker's comp, correcto? When it really comes down to it, having this documented properly will end up being better for you in the long run, rather than thinking for the company. Of course, I know you're a good guy and a good employee, and thinking about the company, but make sure you put yourself first. Otherwise, you run the risk of really screwing yourself over.

7% of my gross payroll for my company goes to worker's comp insurance. It's a pain in the tail, but it's there for a reason. Use it.