17" wheels OEM look

on4now4

As for finishes...

I think that most people will prefer a polished center to a machine finish one. After all, a LOT of people have spent a LOT of time smoothing and polishing stockers.

Your supplier is right, that any smoothing and polishing effort will ruin the colored inset portion of the spokes. When I polish a set of rims, I wait until after the polishing is nearly done to apply new paint to the insets.

As for color, I think the stock grey is too light... darker shades look better and still will work with most colored cars. Darker insets

If you can supply the rims without any finish and unassymbled for the cheapest price... I say go for it. Let folks choose their own look/finishes.

mm

Hi,Still working on price. They are completely new wheels with heat treated centre castings and are a genuine 3 piece so can have other shells fitted to vary width and offsets. My car has been used to measure off for these and it has stock suspension. I have been alerted to the DOT taking an interest in the wheels so I need to get my paperwork in place with them prior to offering them as a GP.

Thanks for all the comments!

Any news on the progress of this project? I can't wait to see the wheels on the car :eek1bluegreen:

What kind of wheel security can he incorporate in the design maybe design the nut areas to take better wheel locks.

Never thought of that even though it's not really an issue where i am.

Star sleeps in a locked garage anyway.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l70/jonjon_cloud/17_all_4_front.jpg

Absolute Hotness. I wouldn't mind having to assemble a set either to get these puppies. I'm sure the price will be somewhat reasonable for the wheels but after tacking on shipping is what's gonna bust the bank. Either way . . . you're my hero

Hi,

Sorry, not much has happened, been moving house. From reading the posts, it looks as if the best option is to go with selling them as a kit so people can do their own finishing prior to assembly.

I will post the GP as a new thread with drawings for offsets and the pricing based on this in the next few days. I have now gathered some money to buy tires so once these arrive and are fitted I will post thse pix as well.

The sealant seems to last forever. I have some 3 piece wheels from the '70's that still hold air.

Thanks for all the good comments and feedback.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...