WOW- freak accident at our dealership today ( 4 yr's ago)

NotStock88

So I work for a power-sports dealership in Ohio and we sell ATV'S, Snowmobiles, motorcycle etc.. Well we dont have a loading dock so when the semi truck comes to drop off/pick-up vehicles, we use a forklift to pick them up and lower them down/up. Well today it just so happens we were loading one up in to the semi truck trailer and let me explain exactly what happend;

1st the ATV was driven up on a crate-like metal platform by the Semi Truck driver (the same guy who has been doing this for the 20yrs we have been in business)

2nd my co-worker (forklift driver) lifted up the ATV (truck driver still sitting on the ATV) up to the height of the trailer (about 5ft) and he stopped right where he needed to be.

3rd the truck driver then started the ATV and proceeded to put it in gear to move forward, to drive into the trailer bed, BUT instead, mistakenly puts it in reverse and gassed it :eek1bluegreen: :eek1bluegreen:

Now I am about 30ft away and see this ATV drive backwards OFF the platform and land upside down on top of the truck driver, smashing his torso and head in to the concrete - all within about the time it took to blink...:unsure: - my co-worker immediately rolled ATV off of the driver and needless to say he was seriously injured and was completely unconscious, bleeding out of every hole in his head and clearly some bone sticking out that looked to be one of his ribs :eek1bluegreen: .

Now I am certainly no paramedic or EMT and have NEVER seen anything like this in my entire life!! I started to panic as I called 911 and the reality began to settle in. I was very surprised at how descriptive and clearly I spoke on the phone with the dispatcher, especially with the adrenaline pumping and 1million things flashing through my mind, all at once. It was only a matter of minutes before help arrived and the paramedics got him loaded up, thank god. After he was gone and the police proceeded to interview everyone and begin their investigation while the now 10ft spread of blood that was drawing a crowd. was left untouched until they completed their investigation. Needless to say, I dont think large puddle of blood that sat for nearly 2hrs gained us any positive publicity today.

I have only heard that the truck driver is in critical condition, since they took him to the hospital, but I certainly hope/pray I did not just witness a death first hand. I must say I had/still have this weird feeling inside me, about the whole situation, and felt like I needed to write this to kind of share the experience and "vent" I guess.

Has anybody else witnessed a horrific event such as this.. Lets hear about..

Yeah i witnessed 2 commercial airliners well anyway that is some bugged out sht right there that whole way of loading equipment is dangerous. i hope the guy recovers but that goes to show you "when you think you got it-you aint got sht."

Years back when I had my 944 I was cruising on the hwy when a guy with a white transam with the t-tops off pulls along side in the slow lane beeps his horn wanting to race and impress his girl in the passenger seat..

I wasn't in the mood so I waved him off, and shock my head "no"..He punches it and is looking back in his side view mirror..

I saw a cadillac slowly merging onto the hwy just ahead of him.. He kept looking at me didn't see them then he turned his head swurved to the left hard spun his car into the center medium ditch he flew out of the t-top landed and bounced with his left ankle touching his temple area in front of my car I then swurved to miss him as I drove past he had landed and he was a goner ...

I stopped to check on his girl apprently she didn't wear a seat belt most of her face was part of the windshield now...

I found out later they were both 23 and she died the next day...So sad...Keep it on the track kids..

Many years ago ( I was like 14) my father and where headed to Houghton Lake in Michigan for some fishing when some kid (we read later in the week it was a kid) dropped a bowling ball off of an overpass and timed it just right. It impacted on the drivers side of the windshield of the car just in front of us and caught the woman right in the chest. She died instantly. Luckily she didn't flip the car over, she ended up just kind of coasting to a stop. My dad was a fireman, and back then there were no cell phones. We stopped and he ended calming the woman's daughter down and sent another motorist up to find a phone to call police. I just remember that it was an incredibly gruesome sight. I have seen slasher movies that don't compare.

Dang man. I saw a tow truck driver loading a bobcat on a tilt deck when the guy guiding him up stuck his head under the bucket to check something..... bobcat bucked back and crushed the guys skull between the bucket and floor of the truck bed. Insta dead

Few weeks ago, i was on my way to an interview. I was cruising in the stealth around 56-58 in a 55 nothing big with a tractor trailer less then 3 car lengths behind me all was well, until i started up an incline with a blind corner ahead of me. Im approaching the corner and all of a sudden there is a gold impala FLYING i mean atleast 100mph, enough for him to slide off the road into the guard rail, bounces off the guard rail and is heading for me. I downshift and punch it, while swerving to the right hoping he misses me and he does, but doesnt miss the rig. BOOM! All as im watching out the back window. I slam on the brakes, wait for the rig to stop sliding (thought he was gonna flip over) back up towards the rig, grab my phone, hop out call 911 and proceed to check on the driver of the rig which was ok, and run down to the impala. blood all over, guy crawled into the pass seat where i stopped him. police arrived and took over. Guy in impala was drunk off his arse and on the ground was a pamphlet that fell out of the car... an AA meeting schedule... talk about irony...heres some pics.. i snuck one of the stealth. lol...

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/kfxrider03/DSCI0027.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/kfxrider03/DSCI0030.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/kfxrider03/DSCI0031.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/kfxrider03/DSCI0032.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/kfxrider03/DSCI0033.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/kfxrider03/DSCI0034.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/kfxrider03/DSCI0026.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/kfxrider03/DSCI0035.jpg

First call I worked as an EMT, we get a call of a man on a bicycle who had been hit by a car. We get out there and there's a green Honda Accord, 89 model, not a scratch on it. Guy is lying in the middle of the road about 30 feet away with a gash in his head so deep that my partner stuck and entire box of 4x4 gauze in it and asked for more. Human body has about 6 quarts of blood in it and I swear 5.9 quarts were on the road. There was also puke and some kind of pinkish-purple material that was either brain matter or something internal that he had thrown up.

So I'm standing there holding eight IV bags, watching a doctor and two RNs who actually came to the scene from the hospital, and I look over at the Honda and I'm trying to figure out where the guy hit. That's when I notice there's no reflection coming off the front windshield -- because there WAS NO front windshield.

He was drunk and cut right in front of this woman, who was traveling about 50. The car took the bike out and he went completely through her windshield into the passenger's seat. She then slams on the brakes and he goes back out of the car, and the windshield wrapped around his head and neck like a bullwhip and came off the car. When he hit the ground, the windshield came dislodged from his head.

He had a palpable pulse and BP of 40 (no diastolic available with a systolic that low) when we finally got him in the bus. We'd given him so much lactated ringers and NS solution that the fluid coming out of his head stopped being blood-colored and started being clear. I stood there with the AMBU bag once we got to the ER and breathed for him for almost an hour. When we put him on the helicopter to transfer him to a larger hospital in Mobile, Ala., he had a BP of 150/110 and a pulse of 60. He lived. But I bet he was never the same afterwards.

Jess

Edited by JessN16

Well when i was in high school we used to cut grass to make some extra money so we didnt have to ask out parents for cash. So me and my friends are going to our next job. Jonathan was towing a trailer behind his ford ranger with the lawn mower on the back. im in my car following behind him. Well we are going around a curve and the hitch unhooks from the ball and slams to the ground. The saftey chains caused the ranger to flip over into the ditch. After seeing this i jump out my car to pull him out of the wreck. He is barely awake and spitting blood like crazy. I tried to comfort him by rubbing his head. While rubbing his head a huge patch of his skull came loose in my hand. He died in my arms on the side of the road. This image haunts me everyday non stop. Everytime i close my eyes i see his face and all the blood.

Brings tears to my eyes just typing this out

A couple of years ago I was at a church carnival with friends waiting in line to go on a Scrambler. I didn't make the ride by a couple of people so I had to wait for the next round. As we watched it start up, I noticed that it was actually going pretty fast for a church carnival scrambler. Next thing I know one of the seats detaches. The kid sitting in that seat flew upside down and was hit by another car. It was like a scene out of final destination. He didn't wind up making it. To this day I don't trust any rides that can be folded up and moved.

Once I was in a Jeep Cherokee with my friend. A car that was supposed to yield to us clipped the back corner and went into the oncoming lane and hit an SUV, and I'm not quite sure what all happened, just that the SUV was upside-down and the car that hit us ran.

We literally RAN to check on the SUV. Got down on the ground to check on the driver only to see brain matter.... :(

i had a friend die from a drunk driver riding hes bike in hes own yard he was 14 he was far from being stupid

bad things happen too good ppl sometimes

edit (drunk driver had not a scratch)

Darwin , stupid people need to die !!! Its really just that simple !!!

Edited by Tman

Theres many cases where young boys ride on top of the subway cars in and out of the tunnel. one case in particular was when a boy was riding on top of the train to impress his corny friends while his friends where lafin at him the train turned and he slid down the side of the train and hit one of the center beams

that nobody can dent and got either crushed or ran over by the "C" train- others have gotten electrocuted or ran over a lot of cases in NYC subway.

Can we post pics of dead people?

When I was in Honduras 3 years ago a man and a small child were hit by a semi. When I drove past he was twitching but on his last breath. I drove to Copan that day to see the ruins and that evening when I returned you could see about 15 feet of blood still on the road. Even though I felt weird I had to take a photo. Also, while I was there a few months before that I saw the result of a drug deal gone bad. A taxi driver and his passenger were gunned down in front of a convenience store.

It never gets easier seeing dead people. YOu learn after a few to put the shock and emotion away until you can react later. But you never get used to it if your mentally balanced anyways.

• 4 years later...

Sooo, I'll put mine up.

Was driving to work on a Nice day (weather broke for a day or 2) So I took out my 1985 Chrysler Laser XT turbo. Fairly rare, only like 65,000 on it in 99. Guy pauses at a stop sign, then proceeds into my path as I'm doing about 60 mph.

-Nick

post-5748-0-95966200-1375804516_thumb.jpg

post-5748-0-87147300-1375804522_thumb.jpg

O man, you better start looking for a new job. OSHA is going to shut that place down. that is a major tomotor no no.

And I guess I can add to this. So maybe 10 or so years ago at the city of Independance fire works show. A firework malfunctioned and flew into the crowed, hitting a young girl in the chest ~3 people infront of us. I litterly dove acrosse my line of friends sitting on the grass trying to lay them down / cover them. The explosing and heat was intence, my back was slightly burned, and shirt melted in a good amount of places. The girl was in really bad shape and took the brunt of it with the shell lodged in her chest.

It amazed me everyone was just deer in headlights, so we just started shoving people out of the way until we had a clear path for EMS for the girl. The rest of us got patched up for minor burns later, and a few people ended up cutting there hair becuase large chunks were burned out. Sadly I think the girl died.

Edited by jszucs

O man, you better start looking for a new job. OSHA is going to shut that place down. that is a major tomotor no no.

And I guess I can add to this. So maybe 10 or so years ago at the city of Independance fire works show. A firework malfunctioned and flew into the crowed, hitting a young girl in the chest ~3 people infront of us. I litterly dove acrosse my line of friends sitting on the grass trying to lay them down / cover them. The explosing and heat was intence, my back was slightly burned, and shirt melted in a good amount of places. The girl was in really bad shape and took the brunt of it with the shell lodged in her chest.

It amazed me everyone was just deer in headlights, so we just started shoving people out of the way until we had a clear path for EMS for the girl. The rest of us got patched up for minor burns later, and a few people ended up cutting there hair becuase large chunks were burned out. Sadly I think the girl died.

It seems to me that when something like that comes up, there's two types of people... Those who don't know what to do and stand there like deer in the headlights, and others who jump in and take action. I've always been the later. There's nothing wrong with those who freeze or can't act to help, it's just how they're wired.

It seems to me that when something like that comes up, there's two types of people... Those who don't know what to do and stand there like deer in the headlights, and others who jump in and take action. I've always been the later. There's nothing wrong with those who freeze or can't act to help, it's just how they're wired.

Yeah Ive alwayas been the action person, and I guess that's why I just don't understand the other side of it. But I do have a problem with them being so frozen they don't even seem to know better to get out of the way for those that are doing. Sometimes I find myself just doing, befor I even realize it. Rode to work on a random day, got on HW and was riding home, trafic came to a stop and I was eyeing a group of 4-6 bikes up like 5-6 cars and was just about to join them, when I saw someone fall on the dashed line on the HW. First though was O great idiot behind them hit the rear tire and bucked them off. So I rod up and was blocking traffic flagging people around on a 5-6 lane highway. Never enough though about the dude who was just killed 2 weeks before doing the same thing. Turned out the lady was having a seazure, and that is why she fell.

• Like 1