People really suck

MontyTSI

The wife and i went to Panera bread yesterday, i had the brocolli and cheddar soup (which ive had at about 50 different panera breads around the country and its always great). My first sample of the soup rendered a bitter taste that i discribed as a"soapy" flavor. I ate the sandwich and baggots and before we got up to leave i went to see the manager.

I quietly told him "excuse me sir, i just had your brocolli and cheddar soup and something just isnt right about it". He didnt offer an apology, he didnt taste it, what he did is unfortuantely what most people do now days.

He asked me "So what do you want". I told him in a disgusted tone... i dont want anything im only trying to help you and your customers.

So am i the only one left that doesnt expect my money back and only wants to help? I hope im not.

We had a similar experience at the mattress store when (im guessing because we were dressed in jeans and t-shirts). The sales man spoke to the wife and i like we were kids and refused to show us the mattresses in the price range we wanted to see (1600-2200). He flat refused! I cant understand folks in this economy you as a salesman should be going above and beyond to get a sale. If i am somehow seeing both of these things wrongly shed some light on me.

Man I hear you. You have a lot of Patience. I would have gotten his name, told him I was going to write a letter to the franchise office. Likely demanded my $$ back. But, when you are with your significant other I'm sure you didnt want to go apeshit and embarass her . Just maintain your cool sounds like they fail at life.

theres only one thing that will make any sort of impact on people like that ,, and thats you comeing back in with a recite from a competiors store showing you spent money for beds in the price range you would not show you

you and your wife were victums of profileing , and showing him he lost money and a sale is the only thing that will have any meaning at all to his small mind

a couple of the richest men in Ocala go arround dress'd as hire'd hands just to see how they are recive'd by people that don't know them

When I managed a fast food restuarant, it was amazing the number of people who would eat something completely and then complain it was "wrong" somehow. They didn't complain after the first bite, but ate the whole thing and then wanted a refund. We always tried to make it right, but your guy probably is as tired of the scammers as I was.

I recently got turned away by a couple of parts distributors. I had the part number and got thier contact informatino from the manufacturer. As soon as these distributers heard it was a foriegn transmission, they didn't want to help at all. Seriously all they had to do was take my order, call the manufactuer to get it drop shipped and collect a percentage. That should be easy money, but not for them. :rolleye0018:

i hear ya mike... but another twist ive witnessed is some store managers sometimes forget they arent kings... They get so used to being able to boss folks around with power trips. So when someone like me shows up he forgets he has no power or leverage on me and treats me like i am beneath him.

when the VR4 had just come out, my dad went by there on his bike... and he was decked out in his biker gear too and they flat out refused to even talk to him about those cars. he went home and got in his Conquest and put on a shirt and tie and came back to drive the car. he took that same salesman out and manhandled that VR4... i mean, drove the wheels off it to the point where the salesman was scared out of his mind. he then parked it, got his keys and went home. priceless.

Monty - that is the one thing where my boss shines. It doesn't matter who you are, what you're dressed up as or your reputation. If you're a new customer, we'll set you up. If something is wrong with the blind, we'll fix it, no cost or charge.

Hell, we've replaced and fixed blinds that weren't even made by us at no charge or maybe $10. It sickens me to see how some people nowadays profile.

Take my sister for instance, when she was dating a guy from Mexico. They went furniture shopping up in Dalton, GA. At one store, the salesman looked at them, but NEVER helped them, even when they asked for some assistance. They decided screw it, went to the place next door, and an older southern gentleman greeted them, and helped them out with literally EVERYTHING. Even loading it up, which ironically happened during the other salesman break, and was outside smoking. He lost a big commission off of what they all ended up buying.

I can understand that the scammers happen, lord only knows we have our fair share. Hell, because of that, all new customers have to either pre-pay or give up a credit/debit charge card # till they establish themselves as true to their finances.

a couple of the richest men in Ocala go arround dress'd as hire'd hands

Isn't that John Travolta prepping for another movie? Have you ever asked him to go fishing with you Shelby?

Scott

Monty - that is the one thing where my boss shines. It doesn't matter who you are, what you're dressed up as or your reputation. If you're a new customer, we'll set you up. If something is wrong with the blind, we'll fix it, no cost or charge.

Hell, we've replaced and fixed blinds that weren't even made by us at no charge or maybe $10. It sickens me to see how some people nowadays profile.

Take my sister for instance, when she was dating a guy from Mexico. They went furniture shopping up in Dalton, GA. At one store, the salesman looked at them, but NEVER helped them, even when they asked for some assistance. They decided screw it, went to the place next door, and an older southern gentleman greeted them, and helped them out with literally EVERYTHING. Even loading it up, which ironically happened during the other salesman break, and was outside smoking. He lost a big commission off of what they all ended up buying.

I can understand that the scammers happen, lord only knows we have our fair share. Hell, because of that, all new customers have to either pre-pay or give up a credit/debit charge card # till they establish themselves as true to their finances.

I agree with what your saying about the profilingt... sad thing is he was pretty bad at it. If i was a retail salesman i would of noticed a 2000 dollar watch or at least noticed the 8 foot tall dodge 3500 dually that parked in front of his glass front store.

Isn't that John Travolta prepping for another movie? Have you ever asked him to go fishing with you Shelby?

Scott

your not likely to see mr Travoilta dress'd down,, you may see him at the Hilton durring some big shindig , but you won't get close to him

saying that he has spoke to my wife politely when she was working at the hilton,

on the other hand one of my bro in laws did some electrical wireing work for him at his estate and he was very hard to please and NOT a big tipper :)

but he is not the only money bags we have arround town most you will never know who they are nor get close to seeing them

we got more privite jets then you can shake a stick at :)

The wife and i went to Panera bread yesterday, i had the brocolli and cheddar soup (which ive had at about 50 different panera breads around the country and its always great). My first sample of the soup rendered a bitter taste that i discribed as a"soapy" flavor. I ate the sandwich and baggots and before we got up to leave i went to see the manager.

I quietly told him "excuse me sir, i just had your brocolli and cheddar soup and something just isnt right about it". He didnt offer an apology, he didnt taste it, what he did is unfortuantely what most people do now days.

He asked me "So what do you want". I told him in a disgusted tone... i dont want anything im only trying to help you and your customers.

So am i the only one left that doesnt expect my money back and only wants to help? I hope im not.

We had a similar experience at the mattress store when (im guessing because we were dressed in jeans and t-shirts). The sales man spoke to the wife and i like we were kids and refused to show us the mattresses in the price range we wanted to see (1600-2200). He flat refused! I cant understand folks in this economy you as a salesman should be going above and beyond to get a sale. If i am somehow seeing both of these things wrongly shed some light on me.

manager is an idiot.

I hate Panera bread.

X2, Monty you went wrong by going to Panera in the first place :biggrinumbrella1:

But seriously, i went there the other night with some of my friends cause they just haaaad to have panera. I fail to see how a little bowl of soup, a dinky sandwich, apple and a drink costs 10 dollars..

Phil,

I love paneras food... from the sandwichs to the bread loafs. Im from the school of thought if your going to buy something it might as well be something you really like at any cost (relaive to what you can afford) compared to something cheap you really dont want. You cant get out of hardees or McD's for under 7 bucks these days so you might as well spend 3 more and get a decent lunch with "real" ingredients.

Im fortunately in the position in my life to be able to chose value over price. Youll be there to and the difference between cost and value will make sense.

Monty

I have never eaten at Paneras Bread.

That and Chipotle seem like frou-frou establishments to me. However, there's nothing like a greasy-spoon diner! Yeah, baby.....chicken fried steak, with cream gravy, a baked potato loaded with buckets of cheese, bacon, chives and butter.......maybe a little fried okra to go with it.......wash that down with some Texas Toast......

I know of plenty of places back home that you could dine like that for the same price as Paneras Bread. mmmm.....damn.....getting hungry now.

Tim

However, there's nothing like a greasy-spoon diner! Yeah, baby.....chicken fried steak, with cream gravy, a baked potato loaded with buckets of cheese, bacon, chives and butter.......maybe a little fried okra to go with it.......wash that down with some Texas Toast......

I know of plenty of places back home that you could dine like that for the same price as Paneras Bread. mmmm.....damn.....getting hungry now.

Tim

Oh. My. God. I hate you a little now, since I have NONE of that in the house.

on the topic of salesman profiling...

in 1967, my grandfather was buying a new car, had $3500 cash saved up, plus a supercharged Corvair to trade. He was torn between the new bodystyle GTO and the new bodystyle for 68, Dodge Charger.

Well, he finnally decided on the GTO and went into the dealership to order it. He was 21 at the time, and the salesman was talking to him like he was a kid, then, an older man (dressed nicely) walked in, salesman left my grandfather in mid sentence and went over to that guy.

So, my grandfather's reaction was, drive on over to Dodge, where they happily took his order in September of 1967, and delivered on Oct 4, 1967.

Talk about a stupid salesman :)

and quit talking about food, Im hungry now!

Edited by strang3majik

i hear ya Tim.... but apples to apples. I will take a hunk of chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes over panera anyday. But for a good sandwich and soup combo for lunch the 6.99 pick two combo is just right for me.