Dump tube/wastegate dump madness

Dcrasta

Whistle tips on the dump tube?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Whistle that wastegate dump tube.

• Waste of time and steel to weld it in
    • Something different at full boost. I like it
    • Umm, whats a whistle tip?

Anyone heard a quest with this? I was talking to my drinking buddies last night, and we started talking about 'bub rub' and the whistle tips. Of course someone decided it would be a good idea. Normally I just cancel bad ideas, but one friend was really persuasive. He said he heard a nice supra with a dump tube that had a whistling pipe on it and once the wastegate opened it made sweet jet sounds. I know it sounds stupid, but the more I think of it, the more It sounds 'sweet' to have it go wooo wooooo! at full boost, and normal until then.

What say you?

http://www.millerarts.com/eyes/images/ads/bubbrubb.gif

Edited by Dcrasta

The supra in your buddy's story didn't have a whistle tip on the wastegate dumptube, it was just open, I'm sure. They are also called "screamer pipes" for that reason. I have an open wastegate right meow, and trust me, it makes enough sweet sound as it is.

Also, if you restrict the flow after the gate, good luck having steady boost. It would probably spike and creep all over the place.

NO Whistle tips please! Those things are so stupid...about the same "coolness" as one of those fake turbo whistles.

What Technology is saying is true from what ive seen...they call them screamer pipes and THEY would be interesting :D

For those who haven't seen it

Yes this is funny but I would never insult my quest by putting a duck call on the BOV. I think she would get even with me by breaking down the next day.

thats jons car^^

Mine sounds more like the 944 but better, it has a mean wrx kinda sound when it opens. the longer u make it the quieter it is. I will see if i can get a clip when this crap dries up of the ground.

Im thinking on the wastegate dump like this.

or this

that first one sounds like its dieing. I hate it worse than a honda fart can. uhg rod knocks will be next for mod sounds.

not bashin ya but dang that thing too oblivion.

that first one sounds sick. in the good way. The porsche, not so much. At low boost, the "turbonetics" AKA treadstone manifold sounds bad because the exhaust from only the #4 piston is going out, so it goes "psh psh psh psh psh psh..." But when you get higher up in the boost it starts the screaming.

I can't wait to get my dumptube done.

Ya my woman already thinks its loud (whats that whistling sound.. "its the Turbo honey, close the fresh air vent if you dont like how it sounds :rolleyes:)

(I usually have that passenger vent open even in the winter for the 'Sounds')

the fresh air vent

It's called Diagnostics Port. Get it right.

And Shelby, it wouldn't be too bad if the gate is set for high pressure. Then it only makes noise when you really romp on it, and that doesn't happen all thatmuch.

I got a dump tube on my DSM, you will know when boost kicks in, all 30 psi of it, and when my anti-lag is turned on flames shoot out from underneath the car.... Its cool for a little while and there is a power gain from it but I like to hear just turbo spool. So it will be getting switched out with one that re-circulates. I can post pics of it when I get home.

I got a dump tube on my DSM, you will know when boost kicks in, all 30 psi of it, and when my anti-lag is turned on flames shoot out from underneath the car.... Its cool for a little while and there is a power gain from it but I like to hear just turbo spool. So it will be getting switched out with one that re-circulates. I can post pics of it when I get home.

This is what i had imagined. Sick display of excessive power for the spring/summer track meets. (to distract everyone from noticing my fading paint).\

Don't feel bad man... You got the sleeper affect, same with my DSM, its putting down close to 500HP with stock suspension, wheels, tires and a peeling clear coat... But everyone will know where all the money went. So what the hell why not...