WOW

cbondlv

The only thing you need to do when you get her is to charge the air conditioning system for the summer.

Are there any of these for sale with working AC? I always have to wonder when I see this or "it just needs the belt put on for the AC to work." If it was something as simple as this, why not get it fixed before you sell it?

I was also wondering why I didn't see this in my regular ebay "cars and trucks" search until I realized he has it Listed in category: eBay Motors > Parts & Accessories > Car & Truck Parts > Transmission & Drivetrain > Clutches & Parts.

Edited by Starquester_0224

I'm not sure why this says "show car" ....

It might just be just me.. but I think it looks reallly tacky... especially all that red he has trying to encorporate into the rims and the dash panels.. Blah.. :character0292:

Under the hood we got wires flying all over the place... looks rather unprofessional

I do like the MPI set up... not sure why he kept the stock radiator...

The only thing you need to do when you get her is to charge the air conditioning system for the summer.

Are there any of these for sale with working AC? I always have to wonder when I see this or "it just needs the belt put on for the AC to work." If it was something as simple as this, why not get it fixed before you sell it?

I was also wondering why I didn't see this in my regular ebay "cars and trucks" search until I realized he has it Listed in category: eBay Motors > Parts & Accessories > Car & Truck Parts > Transmission & Drivetrain > Clutches & Parts.

Usually when someone pulls an ac belt either their trying to get a little more hp or the pulley bearing is bad or seized. AC is an easy fix other than the evaporator. Somethings probably wrong with it.

I agree. Too much red and messy engine compartment.

Edited by marso

I'm not sure why this says "show car" ....

It might just be just me.. but I think it looks reallly tacky... especially all that red he has trying to encorporate into the rims and the dash panels.. Blah.. :character0292:

Under the hood we got wires flying all over the place... looks rather unprofessional

I do like the MPI set up... not sure why he kept the stock radiator...

I wasn't gonna say anything, but since you did....I gotta agree. There's a lot more to creating a show car than just chroming the parts. It's important to not only have everything be physically clean but for the overall package to look clean and present itself like it was done by the factory or better. 'Spaghetti under the hood is the biggest turnoff for me. The less wires and hoses the better.

I'm not bashing this guy or trying to act 'holier than thou'. I'm just voicing my opinion. Everyone's got their own style. I give him mad props for the amount of time and work he put into the car. I wish more Starquest owners would. These are 20yr old cars and should be treated like classics and restored like the Camaro's and Chevelles of my parents generation. They certianly are much more rare even if their current value doesn't reflect such. I wish he would keep it 'cause no one will appreciate the work he put into it more than he will.

I'm not bashing this guy or trying to act 'holier than thou'. I'm just voicing my opinion. Everyone's got their own style. I give him mad props for the amount of time and work he put into the car. I wish more Starquest owners would. These are 20yr old cars and should be treated like classics and restored like the Camaro's and Chevelles of my parents generation. They certianly are much more rare even if their current value doesn't reflect such. I wish he would keep it 'cause no one will appreciate the work he put into it more than he will.

Well said. I look at mine then look at his, I don't have room to talk. His is a lot cleaner than any of mine.

Jimmy

All I can say is this car has to be seen in person the pics do not do show how clean and maintained this car is. The wireing under the hood is alittle sloppy, but its a easy fix. Most people in DFW area have neaver seen this car because its never brought out to be shown off. It is a eye catcher no matter what is around it.

I tryed hard to buy this car long befor it went on ebay, just could not come up with that amount of money with out a loan.

I really hope the car stays in SQC or other clubs and so does the owner, just not sure someone will shell out that kind of money for it.

I almost thought that was Kevin's car the first time I saw that auction, but his car is much nicer and I think he's located somewhere in the midwest.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/turbo26tsi/enginebayanglewobat.jpg

That's a show car.

I was talking to the owner several weeks ago about the sale of this car. I asked him and his mechanic for the dyno numbers, neither could produce them. The owner also commented on the poor gas mileage he was getting. I believe he said he babied it and I believe him. He also stated that he has installed a 87 clutch on a 225mm flywheel. Nice fellow and some nice upgrades, but not a show car. Edited by Instaboost

I wasn't gonna say anything, but since you did....I gotta agree. There's a lot more to creating a show car than just chroming the parts. It's important to not only have everything be physically clean but for the overall package to look clean and present itself like it was done by the factory or better. 'Spaghetti under the hood is the biggest turnoff for me. The less wires and hoses the better.

WOW Jayton :jumping0045: That is one awesome looking engine and bay....once I win the million will you do mine? :winking0013:

Edited by yoshi

Car not so bad. Paint looked good. Had an MPI. Just clean up the interior and the wiring and it could be a show car. Before bashing his why dont you post some pics of yours? Then we can all have a laugh !

http://th256.photobucket.com/albums/hh184/BgBarbie_01/th_haters.jpg

WOW Jayton :jumping0045: That is one awesome looking engine and bay....once I win the million will you do mine? :winking0013:

Thanks man.

Once you win the million you can just buy mine and save yourself the trouble.

• 2 weeks later...
guys if u look closer, there isnt a wiring nightmare, in fact no wiring is really visible at all, just red vac lines and red plug wires, and honestly when u concider the fact he has cruise control, heater and all hooked up still its not a bad job. Edited by tsiconquest88

• 2 weeks later...