I find this picture awesome

Fanta

No idea, but whoever backtracks the pics to the main webpage, NWS beware.

I'm laughing hard right now because each page has music, from 50s to right now its country for gauges and wheels. For Japan. Zero Fighter status.

whats so "awesome " about some gaunty pieces of tupper ware pop rivit'd to the fenders

and rims sticking out 6 inches causeing axle brg failure weekly :rolleyes:

different things float different boats ;)

Oddly enough, I've never heard and or seen much about axle bearing failures about rims such as those

Oddly enough, I've never heard and or seen much about axle bearing failures about rims such as those

................................................................................

now Fanta lets be honest you haven't been arround cars all that long now have you , and haven't spent years doing repairs on a wide range of makes and models

it's all about leverage the average car lets say weights what 3k lbs , that for our example makes the weight on each wheel 750lbs,,or so actualy it's more on the frt wheels

the axle brg is design'd to bare weight in a spacific center line , moveing the rim out further causes the weight to actualy multiply stress several times from what the oem specs are,,if the move'd distance is a long way from the oem center line,,wheel off-set does the same thing ,changes the tire and wheels center line ,, small changes are not that bad but from what the rims shows in that pic the rim is move'd a lot

it's the same as useing a short 1/2 wratchet and then use an 18" long handle one,, same force has a much greater reaction

i will grant that most of the cars like that don't actualy see many high way miles so it may last a while time wise but mileage wise is a diff story ,i've actualy seen Honda's go thru frt wheel brgs every 3 months with wide off set rims ,,the sort that sticks the tire out side the fender well ;)

actually the bearings dont fail because of the offset usually with that low of an offset the rims are still super wide giving it plenty of surface area to displace the pressure evenly. i know from experience. props to speed bunny garage they build some wild cars, besides those wheels are only probably about a neg 10 offset but probably 12 inches wide speed bunnys fender flares are only 50mm over stock metal you cant run a lot more than a neg 20 offset on an s13.

for instance this rx7 has 10inch wide wheels and 0 offset looks a lot more huh?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/twiztedstarion/poop.jpg

Edited by FnFspeed

those cars just go that low for pics. there's no way they drive them like that. its not possible

Exactly. I wonder though if they have a certain suspension by TEIN that allows you to drop your car and raise it by the shocks ( or springs ) I believe - from the inside. Similar to airbags.

those cars just go that low for pics. there's no way they drive them like that. its not possible

well sometimes they can be my buddy teaches engrish in japan and often sees cars that low driving on the street its all about the routes you choose!

and yes 900 dollar scaffolding is cool when you can feel the back end of the car hunkering down at 160+ lol different boats man its cool to some people

Exactly. I wonder though if they have a certain suspension by TEIN that allows you to drop your car and raise it by the shocks ( or springs ) I believe - from the inside. Similar to airbags.

have you guys forgot about your friendly neighborhood minitruckers? that car isnt all that low by our standards. ive owned trucks so low that i could change lanes and scrape the crown of the road. as for lifting them, its pretty likely they have some sort of hydraulic adjustable susp.

I agree with above. They are not that low. Low is when it's sitting on frame and you had to mod all your cross members, rere pumpkin, trans, drive shaft, front cross member, motor mounts, you had to remove all your ground FX and it's sitting on the rocker pannels, and cut a larger hole in the tunnel so you can still bolt your drive shaft to the trans. That's when you know your sitting low. This looks like a photo op especaly since it's got the big STP sticker on it so they probly have coilovers and were just cranked down for the pic.