MOOKEEH MK1 NEXT CARBON FIBER PROJECT

101PROPOSE

NEXT CARBON FIBER PROJECT  

38 members have voted

1. 1.

• 1. 3 piece rear spoiler (no antenna & wiper)
    • 2. header panel
    • 3. rear duffuser
    • 4. lower airdam
    • 5. rear plastic pieces for tailights & license plate
    • 6. modified front bumper

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see a passenger side headlight cover with a small NACA air duct molded in to force air through the core support to the air filter. Most everyone has a modded air box that could potentially bennifit by this. Something similar to this maybe 4"x3"

http://www.carbontrix.com/images/nacaventslarge.jpg

I agree with casey on that!! a rear air diffuser. Not necessarily all these show pieces but some go pieces and and the one piece airdam and bumper combo or just airdam is solid in my book. I want a better performing car, not a honda clone. I want the other kids pissing their pants when they see me rolling up on them!!!! 8)

hey if the CF header panel and headlight covers end up being made, try to make sure to get the CF twill pattern to go in the same direction as the hood. i think it will add alot of attention to detail and make it look like it were assembled as a 4 piece set.

I would say the best bet for long term sales would be the airdam in CF or FG.

Having a mold for that piece will be worth $$ when all the factory ones are gone. Not to mention continual sales for the ones that get curbed.

The rest of the stuff is kinda trendy and in a few years when having CF stuff like, mirrors, door handles, or headlight covers, is no longer "cool", I doubt you will sell much IMO.

And you guys that say you want it to save weight, is BS. Admit it, you just think it looks cool. :wink:

To me having a the whole front end CF and the rest painted would look like crap. Specially the fenders, unless you paint them to match the rest of the car but what would be the point of that? Oh yeah to save weight. yeah right. :wink:

Good job with all your products, keep up the good work!

Actually truthfully ANY cf pieces I may happen to get will be painted to match the car. I don't like the look of CF BUT for strength and stability I can appreciate the material. A 3 piece spoiler that doesn't warp due to heat? Sign me up. A factory styled replacement for a part I likely won't find in any place other than junkyards IF I'm lucky? I'm on the list! Know what I mean?

i just realized no one mentioned mudflaps yet. i remember seeing a bunch of guys trying to get someone to make FG widebody mudflaps a while ago but i dont think the project ever got off the ground. i personally think a set of CF widebody mudflaps would nicely compliment any car.

The one piece console panel "blank" is a good idea. Basically a solid CF piece that went around the shifter and up where there radio is. Don't put any cutouts in it so people can customize it.

People already make these out of various matierals for themselves a lot. It would be a pretty simple piece and not too large so it shouldn't be that expensive. I think it'd sell well.

101 Propose,

I say you should go with what will set the car off as a kit, and do the more random pieces after. This way you can sell package deals with the parts most ppl will want.

I think a front carbon splitter is a good solution, one that fits the bottom of the existing spoiler and will add strength/rigidity to the whole piece. Possibly alluminum reinforcement in the CF piece would achieve this, or an alluminum blade secured to the underside if the splitter that protrudes a few mm in front to take driveway rash. Bring the front profile down a couple inches.

This combined with the CF hatch wing would make a sweet package deal and would look balanced on the car. I'm all for CF anything, except maybe the bumper, I'd worry a little about that.

CF mudflaps are another good idea, a better alternative than trying to make side skirts out of CF, and gives the same effect. The interior pieces are guaranteed sellers since most interiors are a little taxed..

2 cents

maybe the three piece rear spoiler in CF?

I'm def. in favor of that!!

id like the 1 peice bumper and airdam but i would have to have a modified version for the bigger ic

%5BIMG%5Dhttp%3A//i88.photobucket.com/albums/k181/eck_007/2478714_8_full-1.jpg[/img]

I agree it's about time for an aftermarket modified version! :wink: