305hp to the wheels TBI updated 4/15/08

Bad2Rass

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice setup!

Question... I noticed your power steering pump reservoir is relocated and a bit tilted to the side. Have you had any problems with leaks or fluid feed / pressure running the container at an angel like that?

Otheriwse, looks good meng! :wink:

Very nice setup!

Question... I noticed your power steering pump reservoir is relocated and a bit tilted to the side. Have you had any problems with leaks or fluid feed / pressure running the container at an angel like that?

Otheriwse, looks good meng! :wink:

No the fluid suprisingly doesnt leak but its only at a very slight angle.

Kyle

• 3 months later...
Well I just got back from Dyno4mance in Calhoun, Ga and on their Dynamic Dyno I made 275HP and 270 LBS of tq. to the wheels with stock injectors stock throttle body and my giant turbo, along with a GM MAF translator. I will post a scan of the dyno sheet in a little bit.

Well I just got back from Dyno4mance in Calhoun, Ga and on their Dynamic Dyno I made 275HP and 270 LBS of tq. to the wheels with stock injectors stock throttle body and my giant turbo, along with a GM MAF translator. I will post a scan of the dyno sheet in a little bit.

Nice numbers on the stock injection!

Have a dyno sheet we can see? I'm curious how the curve looks.

I think you'll be really happy with an MPI.

Shawn

Nice numbers on the stock injection!

Have a dyno sheet we can see? I'm curious how the curve looks.

I think you'll be really happy with an MPI.

Shawn

And a stock bottom end. 14 pounds of boost by the way. I'll get that dyno sheet up ASAP

Wow, nice numbers 14psi! It looks like it really starts to spool at 4200 rpm's.

I think if you had a different cam, you would see a little more torque, but a little less horse.

Some people are running 20+ psi on stock bottom ends and even are making 350+ horse on them.

I intend on running 20+ psi on my Holset, once I get my new head. I think the stock bottom end will hold out long enough.

Shawn

Looks like a Honda dyno!

Yeah but you have to remember this is a TBI car and the turbo is not really a good match for TBI, now i need to hurry up and get the magna on there and see the difference. I was gonna go for more but I was beginning to run out of fuel in the top rpms I will post up a copy of my boost and airfuels tonight.

Kyle

This is the boost and Air fuel ratio chart. We tried to richen it but only succeeded in making it to rich in the area where I wasn't really trying to richen it. Unfortunately i cant flow enough fuel for this so I will just go ahead and get the MPI going now already have most the stuff.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f65/bad2rass/IMG1.jpg

This is the boost and Air fuel ratio chart. We tried to richen it but only succeeded in making it to rich in the area where I wasn't really trying to richen it. Unfortunately i cant flow enough fuel for this so I will just go ahead and get the MPI going now already have most the stuff.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f65/bad2rass/IMG1.jpg

I might have missed it, but a fuel pump is a must. If you're running out of fuel, this will help big time. It's only a little over $100. I paid $120 for my e2315 and Walboro's are about the same price.

Mpi....you'll be happy for sure!

Shawn

same boat, tbi can work with a big turbo... people just have to try it!

and how long have i been saying this?

Stop putting girlie turbos on yours cars!

these cars need big turbos. Just pay attention to A/r and compressor size. A larger compressor will push your power band up too same with a/r. so make sure you match it right. 60-1 is proven.

• 5 weeks later...

Well I went out and drove the **** out of the car yesterday and got the boost to 18psi now its pretty damn strong im gonna go for maybe 22psi when i get to the track to see what happens. If it doesnt break I will Dyno again with more boost to see how much abuse it will take.

Kyle

Dude you have to take me for a ride this weekend at the meet. I am doing somewhat the same setup as you except, Chad is making me a tubular equal length exhaust manifold. And im going with a .63ar. C u sat night maybe... most likely Sunday. Dad has to work sat...

Drew