305hp to the wheels TBI updated 4/15/08

Bad2Rass

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sometimes the end tank design has to be compromised when fitament issues come into play.

Im guessing your intake air temps will tell the whole story.

I am almost certain my intake air temps will be below ambient temps. The only 2 reasons I do not like the I.C. that has top to bottom flow is because of fitment issues and running the pipes like AJ said, and personally I don't think it will be that drastic of a difference in performance between the two from what I have read and heard.

I am almost certain my intake air temps will be below ambient temps. The only 2 reasons I do not like the I.C. that has top to bottom flow is because of fitment issues and running the pipes like AJ said, and personally I don't think it will be that drastic of a difference in performance between the two from what I have read and heard.

Unless you are running an additional cooler like nitrous or CO2, there is no possible way you can get you intake temps below ambient! How do you expect the ambient air to remove heat from the heated compressed air to a temp lower than ambient? :roll: I think a more realistic idea would be to shoot for 10% - 20% above ambient... at best.

Don't forget, chrome don't get you home. Meaning just because it looks good and its cheap doesn't mean its going to work the best. You can get a top to bottom I/C made so that the intake and exhaust are on opposite sides. It woul look like the one in the picture with one of the end tanks reversed. That would be a great working I/C and not too difficult to mount.

I personally think end tanks like 19Cquest's work best for our car because of the airdam and chassis design. Now air also blows on the inlet and outlet pipes and we already have the cutouts to route the plumbing below the headlights.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTI5MTE2NjZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTI4NTQ2MTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

I personally think end tanks like 19Cquest's work best for our car because of the airdam and chassis design. Now air also blows on the inlet and outlet pipes and we already have the cutouts to route the plumbing below the headlights.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTI5MTE2NjZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTI4NTQ2MTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

That's basically what mine will look like but I'm doing the Artinist mod on the bumper.

I have been running a similiar intercooler up to 20 psi and have yet to see tempatures over 115 deg they usually stay about 107 to 110 on 90 deg days. I know people running spearco coolers with spearco tanks not running any cooler than that. :o

I have been running a similiar intercooler up to 20 psi and have yet to see tempatures over 115 deg they usually stay about 107 to 110 on 90 deg days. I know people running spearco coolers with spearco tanks not running any cooler than that. :o

That's true but if i'm not mistaken the spearco you are talking about is a bit smaller too.

That's true but if i'm not mistaken the spearco you are talking about is a bit smaller too.

Thats true but the point is you would be hard pressed to get cooler temps without spraying the intercooler with something. The temps I am talking about are on 95* days so so temps at the manifold 15* above ambient is pretty good for a $800 intercooler and great fro a $250 intercooler :wink:

Hey AJ I was looking for that info.. what is the date for Jimmy's next meet and the DSM race at Reynolds? I want to have the car tuned so I can run it but if not I will still be driving it to jimmy's! I was suppose to have dynoed and tuned on Monday but the dyno was down :cry: had to reschedule.

I'm assuming the Spearco in question is mine :lol: My highest datalogged air temp so far is 107 when I was running a 12a balls out. Since I installed the S16G I haven't seen anything above the 103 to 105 mark, but I'm running low boost (12 psi) till I have time to clear up my timing issue.

If I let the car sit running for extended periods of time then do a quick full boost run, I get a slightly higher max temp from heat soaking the IC and lines, but it's usually only a couple degrees.

Yea I was picking on you jon :wink: but not intentionally, anyway after talking to you yesterday I checked a few datalogs and most of mine show a range with 95* being the min and 109* being the max so better than I had thought. In looking the 109 is after hard pulls @ 18 psi through all gears!

Scott

• 2 weeks later...

I had to cut into my subframe ends and bumper brakets to make it fit where I want. Its a 30x12x3 and you only see a little end tank but much of the cooler is hidden behind the bumper.

You guys datalogging your temps, are your bumpers stock or cut away?

I have a question... How does that Bellsouth phone work into the motor? Interesting. Sweet phone! :twisted:

wow what a waste of one of your first 20 posts....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v365/starquest32/funny/JesseTokes.gif

I had to cut into my subframe ends and bumper brakets to make it fit where I want. Its a 30x12x3 and you only see a little end tank but much of the cooler is hidden behind the bumper.

You guys datalogging your temps, are your bumpers stock or cut away?

Their bumpers are not cut out at all