3D Printed Center Console Latches

techboy

Well I'm a little embarrassed to say it's taken me about a year of working here and there as I've had time and about 8 prototypes to FINALLY come up with a repo console latch that works properly.  I've been super close for a few months now, was just a matter of adjusting a few things literally by 32nds.  I need to print a final black one at work on Monday and test again, but if it fits I should be able to run a batch of them later in the week if anyone is interested.  I'm not sure what to charge for these, but I'll come up with something. 😎

trfUbW.jpg

MvDiQ2.jpg

6Nz00k.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, psu_Crash said:

Looks good! 

I have a couple of these in a bag that someone else 3D printed a couple years back. Time to pull them out and compare 😄

I actually had in mind years ago to work on developing these when that guy came along.  I didn't want to steal his thunder, so I backed off.  But, since the board reboot I haven't seen him nor do I remember who it was - so I started working on them again.

1 hour ago, tux said:

Printed in petg?

These prototypes are just PLA.  I have PETG, but I found a spool of black of ABS at work on Friday, so I was planning on giving that a shot. Plus a higher quality, these are printed at a medium right now.  I think the final will look a lot nicer.

• Like 1

Can't forget about the high heat in summer time :)

I think petg might fare the best 

the guy that made them before did pretty ok job. I ended up drilling mine out and using a small thin piece of metal because the retention tabs broke

17 hours ago, tux said:

Can't forget about the high heat in summer time :)

I think petg might fare the best 

the guy that made them before did pretty ok job. I ended up drilling mine out and using a small thin piece of metal because the retention tabs broke

I'm not sure if I have a black spool of PETG.  I'll have to check.  If not, it looks like ABS is good up to about 17O degrees, which should be good for an interior I'd think.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got a batch of these printed up this week:

EHYlC9.jpg

s3Ql68.jpg

The glossier 6 on the left are PETG.  The more flat black 2 on the right are ABS.  I was having some distortion issues with the ABS and had to throw a bunch of them out b/c I wasn't happy with the quality.  I have another batch of 6 going in PETG as we speak.  If anyone wants one, 15 shipped should do it (10+5 shipping).  Shoot me a PM and I'll get one out to you.

Things are kinda dead around here these days unfortunately, but if there's enough continual interest I'll put a formal F/S thread in the Bazaar and I can print them as needed. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...