Quick, Whats a t56 worth on the street

Malykaii

94 Camaro t56 100k miles, street value?

(I'm seeing numbers like $1k asking price, but I can get a cobra spec for that and a magnum/viper one for a bit more)

I ask because I'll be seeing a 94 camaro tomorrow with blown head gaskets. Seller needs it gone and title has a lean, so I'll be a low ballin. Just wondering what that trans is worth should things hit the fan and I need to break even.

Thanks.

6-speed LT1 Camero w/ 5.7liter 350cu?

94-97 trans # 1386-000-016 is what I got in Starion now. They're usually $1k-1300. If patient and including good shifter you can get a bit more likely. Took me many months to find one within driving distance (a few hours drive but got a deal on it for $850 cash), but that was a few years back. Getting harder to find yet. I'd say grab it if you can.

If it has a lien on it, that means it has a loan outstanding on it. So it technically doesn't belong to person selling it? Am I wrong in this thinking?

You're not wrong. If it has a lien then the lien holder has the title. Registered owner can't legally sell it without an agreement between the new owner and the lien company.

So I saw the car, asking $1500 with blown head gasket. So the car is a mess. All the interior trashed, the panels banged up, the engine bay filthy, and then the title lien.

Wanted to buy/fix/flip the car, but there's too much work and parts needed to make a profit. Even if I parted it out, aside from the transmission, there's nothing worth a damn in it. So even if he sells for $1000 there's no profit for me.

So I saw the car, asking $1500 with blown head gasket. So the car is a mess. All the interior trashed, the panels banged up, the engine bay filthy, and then the title lien.

Wanted to buy/fix/flip the car, but there's too much work and parts needed to make a profit. Even if I parted it out, aside from the transmission, there's nothing worth a damn in it. So even if he sells for $1000 there's no profit for me.

Part out would be only way you would have gotten money, unless the lien gas a stamp and signature it can't be retitled. You would have to pay the loan off before you could even title it in your name is sell it . Otherwise it's like selling stolen property

You're not wrong. If it has a lien then the lien holder has the title. Registered owner can't legally sell it without an agreement between the new owner and the lien company.

Well, there are ways around it. I was given a 92 ford stRanger with an $9,500 lien on it, I turned around and put my own lien on it and then did a lien sale on it. When you do that the Bank has two options, either satisfy the lien you placed on the vehicle and take it over or let it go and let you have the vehicle to satisfy the lien.

^Nice!

I wasn't the least bit worried about the lein. A lot can be done.

The seller bought the car from a marshal seized auction and then got a title in his name with the lein carried over. I doubt the marshal would sell a car without having to contact the lein holder first.

Plus it's hsbc, which according to google, is notorious for not getting around to mailing out letters staying the lein was satisfied.

I was willing to play that game, fix up then flip car... And then saw how bad it was in person. Lein or not, I didn't want that.

Typically in New York State when an older vehicle still has a Leon on the title it is because the person who had the loan never provided the lien satisfaction paper work upon sale of the car. Even if the loan was paid that lien will stay on the title until you provide the proper documentation to the NYSDMV. The vehicle can still be sold and registered with the lien on the title.

I went through this with my Yukon. I bought it from a friend and he didn't give me the lien release paper work until after I had it registered and retitled in my name.