Methanol/Water injection

Chromedome

So I'm putting together a DIY water injection system and ordered a nozzle from McMaster-Carr. It arrived today. Think the box is big enough?

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w5/richard_morrison1/2015-04-02%2013.22.51_zpsgjagakv9.jpg

McMaster, Digi-Key, Summit Racing, they are all getting really slopping in their shipping department. Of course the cost is passed on to us.

Yeah, the price for one of those nozzles has doubled in the past 5 years.

McMaster, Digi-Key, Summit Racing, they are all getting really slopping in their shipping department. Of course the cost is passed on to us.

I ordered a 1/8 npt type fitting and instead of just putting it into an envelope and sending it. they sent it in a box the size of 3 packs of cigarettes. With no bubble wrap or anything inside. Just send it in a 2 cent paper envelope instead of a 2 dollar cardboard box.

I ordered a 1/8 npt type fitting and instead of just putting it into an envelope and sending it. they sent it in a box the size of 3 packs of cigarettes. With no bubble wrap or anything inside. Just send it in a 2 cent paper envelope instead of a 2 dollar cardboard box.

I would have been happy with a box the size of three packs of cigarettes. This box is big enough to hold a carton of cigs and two cans of beer!

see that every day at work.

want to know more about this injection system youre working on...

I was going to mention Digikey. $5 to ship 2x3 pin headers that cost a buck fifty for 4. Came in a box big enough to fit a thousand of them in, with room to spare. One stamp and an envelope would have done the trick!

Good luck with the DIY setup!

see that every day at work.

want to know more about this injection system youre working on...

Ya sounds like it makes you go warp speed .. I am curious.

Just a simple system, pre-turbo for a blow thru carb'd car I'm working on. No intercooler.

Water container, cheap ebay 100 psi pump, a hobbs switch some tubing and a nozzle.

Not much to it really. I should have it running in a couple weeks and I'll post up some pics.