CXRacing radiator

vbrad511

Somebody got to talking about replacement radiators again recently so I looked them up on Ebay. I messaged them about the ridiculous price and they responded back that they're out of stock and they bumped the price to keep folks from bidding/buying. Said the price will go back down when they restock.

I've seen other eBay companies do this before too. I don't understand it. Isn't it just as much effort to remove the ad as it is to bump the price??

It's easier and cheaper to edit the price than to end the auction. The non timed listings are pay by the month. So if you run out of stock 1 week in and end the auction you lose the other 3 weeks you paid for. Raising the price prevents people from buying then leaving negative feedback for long shipping times.

• Like 1

I was literally about to buy one to try it out and the next day they shot the price up. No way I'm spending that on a try-out radiator... If it goes back down where it was before I'll get it. Edited by TexasQuest

I have one on hand and have looked it over. Will mount up soon.

I have also looked over/installed a griffin recently. not impressed and for the money, the fan mounting holes had to be enlarged due to inaccuracy and even the radiator cap port was keyed crooked.

Too bad it costs $700..... :wacko:

Because they're out of stock. Easier for them to change the price then take down the ad. At least that is my guess.

The intercooler price went back to normal. Which must mean they have them in stock now.

I've heard that a Datsun 260z aluminum radiator (3 row) will bolt right up (might just need to shave the mounts a bit but the holes line up I believe) and even has the correct hose outlets. That would be a cheap alternative if you don't need the thermo sensors for the stock fans. Here's a link if anyone's interested.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/251753557743?nav=SEARCH

Drake