Would you accept a free paint job by MAACO?

mstieg

I've heard mostly bad things about their cheap paintjobs & seen a few rough ones a few okay. Bad edges & prep work for the most part.

There's a local car show hosted by them this fall that's giving away a free spray as prize. Worth aiming for? Mine would be the PERFECT candidate with everything else being done by then except faded original 87 red/pink/whiteness.

Thinking I could ask if they'd simply give me credit for the paint itself. My buddy wants to spray it to add a unique car like the SQ to his portfolio. I'd prep myself. Hate to actually win and be a sore winner turning em down!

You get what you pay for. Cheap are customers get cheap are paint jobs. I have several customers who use Macco. I delivered a completely stripped 66 VW Beetle and when I went back to pick it up, I could believe it was a Macco paint job. The guy paid a good price and it showed. Edited by louswheel01

So I did a SUPER SUPER cheep job on my car just to have it one color for pics for insurance....... and even the very low end prep, and very low end spray, in my home garage is better then what Maco would have done. I would ask for the prize to be time in there down draft booth to spray my own car. (doubt they even have a down draft booth)

In two words...hell no.

X 10,000.

I actually kicked a customers car out of my shop because he told me he wanted to have macco paint it after i was fi isbed with a whole bunch of custom body work. I dont want that ish connected to anything i put my name on.

i also will refuse to do body work on a car if i know its been painted by macco or something of the sort. Years ago, i took in a truck to repair the quarter and tailgate. Ground back the old pInt. Did my work and as soon as i primed it, i had busted paint all over the place. Another two days of time and few hundred dollars of my money to correct it and i had learned my lesson.

You get what you pay for but you never get what you don't pay for

If its a free paint job and you win it, give it to someone you know who could use it. Our cars should be painted correctly the first time. When I go to paint mine, its going go to be fully stripped inside and out with only the suspension left on and I'll get some cheap steel wheels to roll it. Maaco is horrible for over spray and improperly masking off stuff

Unfortunately these are the results I was expecting. I'd hope they would want to disprove this terrible image by doing a great job with a "prize" car if willing to host a meet for local community of this sort. Assuming that's the business they're looking to gain vs. banging out cheap/quick low end customers.

Think I'll call the manager and discuss this with him before signing up for this meet.