S13 Radiator Advice Needed

NikoFab

hope u have better luck than i did nick , i am on my second radiator . first set up fans vibrate so much they actually cut into the radiator core mind u with less than 200 miles on this set up. second set up ordered new radiator and new fans with the mounting fan shroud thats available for the sr20 set up. hope this one last longer. fans wont be directly touching the core anymore.

That's why I mentioned putting foam tape on the fans at MOD. I've used those fans on other cars and had to fix a radiator after the straps cut a tube. But once I put foam tape on the fans between them and the radiator I had no more problems.

That's why I mentioned putting foam tape on the fans at MOD. I've used those fans on other cars and had to fix a radiator after the straps cut a tube. But once I put foam tape on the fans between them and the radiator I had no more problems.

Yup I like that idea.

Even foam will eventually fall apart and cause the same issues. A shroud is your best bet

I screwed this into the bottom on the thermostat housing and called it a day. Never had good luck on those adjustable controllers being consistent. You also dont have the ugly looking probe in your bay.

http://www.summitrac...ts/spu-ix-195fhi

Fits in the EGR thermo valve location if yours is deleted

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q299/I-W/Quest_Parts_and_Info/intake-sensors.gif

Edited by RonnieJ

I have that adjustable fan controller mentioned above. Have used it for 3+ years no issues. I like that I can dial the temp differently as when winter hits my car doesn't need fans running

yes sir and x2 , been using the same Derale adjustable set up going on 3 years now and no issues and all tucked away neat n tidy .

• 4 weeks later...
ya + one on the SPAL fans. I used autozone puller fans and started running warm, i then upgraded *spent the money* and got the SPAL fans and i have not looked back since. Also, my SPAL fans came with the plastic zip-tie type straps and with a piece of foam for every spot the straps touch the radiator Pretty fancy stuff here kids.

ya + one on the SPAL fans. I used autozone puller fans and started running warm, i then upgraded *spent the money* and got the SPAL fans and i have not looked back since. Also, my SPAL fans came with the plastic zip-tie type straps and with a piece of foam for every spot the straps touch the radiator Pretty fancy stuff here kids.

x2 on the spal fans , using one 13 inch on a 4x4 that can with clutch fan. works good. very good