Moderators

IntercooledFlatty

I don't know. I'm still not feeling all warm and fuzzy...

think I need a double shot of pancake bunny.

We gots 2 new mods. still feeling some tension on the site though.

I have a house to finish and a quest to get running and a bike to fix as well. Think I'm gonna take a break for a while. hope things settle down a bit while I'm away.

Ya'll be cool. C U in a little

Dave

I don't know. I'm still not feeling all warm and fuzzy...

think I need a double shot of pancake bunny.

We gots 2 new mods. still feeling some tension on the site though.

I have a house to finish and a quest to get running and a bike to fix as well. Think I'm gonna take a break for a while. hope things settle down a bit while I'm away.

Ya'll be cool. C U in a little

Dave

Rock on with what you gotta do mang!

ok after some house cleaning I unloc'd this thread , and will leave it open as long as it does not go back in the direction it was headed , and apologize for any blame on my part for it getting out of control

I am the one that locked this thread again, so no need to place blame on any of the other moderating staff.

The reason I did so, is because I feel it needs further mod discussion.

I am well aware of the issues that the few previous posts may lead to and hopefully the lock will keep the drama at bay.

Hopefully the issues will be resolved quickly and the lock can once again be removed. Until then, please be patient with us.

Censorship alive and well in a thread about Moderation. "Please be patient while we muzzle you." Nice touch.

What an absolute joke.

Agreed. So the outcome of the moderators discussion thread was that the thread was repeatedly locked and edited...? I think somebody missed the point of this exercise.

Edited by Fuze

Although this thread was treated in a hap-hazard manner over the past few weeks, there were a few very positive results from it:

1. It seemed to re-energize a few of our existing moderators who have been away for awhile and have been desperatly missed.

2. It added two long term, very active, and highly respected individuals as moderators of this site whom will be instrumental in filling the gaps among our moderating team.

Going forward, I believe the community will see a more standardized approach from the moderators in terms of policy enforcement.

This thread was beneficial to me to understand our current weeknesses and problems. Being that most of the moderators are or have been very active members of this community, I think our most difficult challenge is knowing when to refrain from stating our own personal opinions and feelings and, in essense, starting a flame on our own.

kev

if they are mods...why have they been away ?

if this is some thing you feel you need to know and realy it is not your business ,, it can take

months to find and research and decide if that person is really the right person to place in such a

position , and they are never told any of this till the moment of being welcomed to the group

if this is some thing you feel you need to know and realy it is not your business ,, it can take

months to find and research and decide if that person is really the right person to place in such a

position , and they are never told any of this till the moment of being welcomed to the group

Shelby i read Kev's post

It seemed to re-energize a few of our existing moderators who have been away for awhile and have been desperatly missed.

and i have a simple question... if one is a mod AND they are desperatly missed why are they not around DOING THIER JOB ?

just a simple question, and as a member here it IS my business. oh, by the way, what are you doing Nov. 1st ? a bumch of us from NO are going to Mopars with Big Daddy and it's in Ocala was hoping you would come out ;)

IntercooledFlatty had a valid question, and this is the thread for it to be asked. I'm curious, what is entailed in the months-long research and vetting process? What is the secret issue-resolution process that goes on while threads are locked, is it like a little UN back there, behind the magical mod curtain?

Edited by Fuze

Maybe the answer is that mods have a life too. I myself have just turned my family upside down this summer by finding a new job, pulling the kids from their friends/school/everything, moving to a new area, finding a new home, etc etc. I'm sorry if I haven't has the time to police this place for you guys. For god's sake, I'm sorry I even said anything...like usual. Trying to put a bright side to this mess.

Shelby i read Kev's post

It seemed to re-energize a few of our existing moderators who have been away for awhile and have been desperatly missed.

and i have a simple question... if one is a mod AND they are desperatly missed why are they not around DOING THIER JOB ?

just a simple question, and as a member here it IS my business. oh, by the way, what are you doing Nov. 1st ? a bumch of us from NO are going to Mopars with Big Daddy and it's in Ocala was hoping you would come out ;)

a great many things are in the works at any one time ,, point is unless you know it is in the mix how

or why is it any business of a normal club member

are you saying the inner workings of a private internet club MUST be made public knowleage

his and your question would never came out if he (Kev) had not mentioned some thing that was not for

open forum ,that's why I said what I said , I was not being a smart a

no one is blaming anyone for not being around, i'll try it again...

if you are a mod and you are away, and you KNOW you are going to be away, like years as some have done. then why are they still a mod ?

if you don't show up for work ( when you are desperatly needed ) for months how long will you company keep you around ?

i'm not trying to start trouble, i just want a logical explination from someone so i can understand.

no one is blaming anyone for not being around, i'll try it again...

if you are a mod and you are away, and you KNOW you are going to be away, like years as some have done. then why are they still a mod ?

if you don't show up for work ( when you are desperatly needed ) for months how long will you company keep you around ?

i'm not trying to start trouble, i just want a logical explination from someone so i can understand.

once more this very question is and has been a part of on going discussion and once it is settled will

become info to use for those that are involved , again this is not a PUBLIC forum , disclosure is not required to the average member

Shelby, Mopar show... you coming ?

man I'm in the hospital , waiting on biopsy's on two diff lung cancer spots ,, during that time I will be awaiting lab results , so I'm trying to get them to alow me to go home and come back , spending

$20k just to set here on a bed going nuts . makes no real sence to me , now just what sort of shape I am in on the out side I have no clue right now I do know walking a lot is out

would i like to make it dam right , but things like funds , how i'm feeling, how moma is doing etc I

can not answer at this time,, how many do you think may show