What did you do to your Starquest today?

Alsandr

Finally..got mine up and running under full boost with no hiccups yesterday.

New windshield , boost guage installed in stock location,new radiator and the fans rewired and running super cool.

Now it's time to patch a small hole like Pdodson did. Wash clean it up.

Fix some airdamn cracks.

I wanted to take more pics of the boost guage install but it ended up taking me a long time to do lol

Had a nice refresher course on boost guage install in stock location.

Gonna pimp ride this bad bish to the beach later today.

getting closer to putting primer on the car

Hole is fixed

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e394/XLR8N/Mobile%20Uploads/20150315_162104_zpswispefjx.jpg

fenderwell i think is ready

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e394/XLR8N/Mobile%20Uploads/20150315_162123_zpskapzw9ah.jpg

car getting taped of

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e394/XLR8N/Mobile%20Uploads/20150315_162137_zpsw53rtxzi.jpg

Matching the Durban paint code for the new? I like it

woo hoo, I can finally post in here.lol

Drove my 87 (with the wife) to the liquor store!!! couple of hicups, lots of rattling. nice to have her out. (that's the car)

Oh yea and the wife too... just in case she ever reads this

Well, I cut the power steering belt off of my '85 today. It must have seized the pump because it melted a new belt!

I forgot to check for sure because I was in a hurry to go pick up my daughter.

This stuff always happens around tax time. Fortunately, I was at the alternator shop where I have my Mirage parked, so I just hopped in it until I can fix this.

My wife's supercharged Buick sprung a fuel leak all over the top of the engine too. So I replaced the cheapo hard plastic fuel line with a regular fuel injection hose for $7 instead of whatever the dealer would want for theirs.

• 2 weeks later...

fiji has a different engine...

also tried a nice turbonetics t3 .63 rear a/r out for a member......Very nice spool...and boost Alot! :lol:

Best way to test a new head gasket.....20+ psi boost.

http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy68/jaybirdskate/w3_zpsyws7jltz.jpg

modded my rear suspension some more.

11093113_780846642011206_2041409768_n.jpg

That took some cutting

Well I have not done much but I ordered a bunch of parts.

New inner and outer tie rods

Idler arm bushing kit

Ball joints

Both front and rear calipers.

E-brake cables

The short ebrake cable to the E brake handle.

I need the adjustment sleeve and jam nuts. rock auto didn't list them.

There are a couple of small things I need. Just budget is maxed for now.

Not necessarily today/yesterday but what I've done to the Old Broad since the middle of Janurary:

1. Rebuilt the steering linkage idler arm.

2. Dropped the engine oil pan and cleaned out a minimum amount of oil sluge out of it.

3. Replaced the engine oil & filter and added ZDDP to the oil.

4. Replaced the tranny (GL-4) & dif oil (GL-5) - yes I added the oil additive for the posi rear end.

5. Had an intermittent starter problem with the starter not rolling over when the ignition switch went to the start position. Replaced the starter with a Mom & Pop rebuilt starter and found out some interesting stuff. See my next post in the VM Forum.

6. Removed all of the carpets from the interior washed "em off, dried "em out and reinstalled 'em. What a PITA that was.

7. Removed the instruement cluster and corrected a aggravating rattle that she had there.

8. Took her into National Tire and Battery and had the wheels re-balanced & rotated. Freebee cuz I've got the road hazard and free balancing warrantee.

9. Beat out the dents of the metal air dam around the forward and sides of the engine, derusted it with hydrochloric acid, neutralized the metal with baking soda, put 2 coats of primer and 3 coats of black under body paint that I got from Summit Auto Parts.

10. Took apart, cleaned and relubed the hood latch assembly. It was getting harder and harder to get the latch to release the hood. I DON'T want to break the hood latch cable and have to replace it.

11. Removed and flushed out the engine oil cooler.

12. Replaced the back up light switch on the tranny.

13. Greased the u-joints on the drive shaft.

14. Greased all of the zerk grease fittings on the steering linkage & ball joints.

15 Cleaned and regreased (with Dielectric grease) all of the electrical metal terminal connecters & grounds in the engine house. Including one I never thought of before. See my VM Forum post for further info.

I haven't been on the SQC boards much since the middle of Jan when my computer's mother board fried. Last week I finally got it fixed.

For What It's Worth.

KEN

Not necessarily today/yesterday but what I've done to the Old Broad since the middle of Janurary:

1. Rebuilt the steering linkage idler arm.

2. Dropped the engine oil pan and cleaned out a minimum amount of oil sluge out of it.

3. Replaced the engine oil & filter and added ZDDP to the oil.

4. Replaced the tranny (GL-4) & dif oil (GL-5) - yes I added the oil additive for the posi rear end.

5. Had an intermittent starter problem with the starter not rolling over when the ignition switch went to the start position. Replaced the starter with a Mom & Pop rebuilt starter and found out some interesting stuff. See my next post in the VM Forum.

6. Removed all of the carpets from the interior washed "em off, dried "em out and reinstalled 'em. What a PITA that was.

7. Removed the instruement cluster and corrected a aggravating rattle that she had there.

8. Took her into National Tire and Battery and had the wheels re-balanced & rotated. Freebee cuz I've got the road hazard and free balancing warrantee.

9. Beat out the dents of the metal air dam around the forward and sides of the engine, derusted it with hydrochloric acid, neutralized the metal with baking soda, put 2 coats of primer and 3 coats of black under body paint that I got from Summit Auto Parts.

10. Took apart, cleaned and relubed the hood latch assembly. It was getting harder and harder to get the latch to release the hood. I DON'T want to break the hood latch cable and have to replace it.

11. Removed and flushed out the engine oil cooler.

12. Replaced the back up light switch on the tranny.

13. Greased the u-joints on the drive shaft.

14. Greased all of the zerk grease fittings on the steering linkage & ball joints.

15 Cleaned and regreased (with Dielectric grease) all of the electrical metal terminal connecters & grounds in the engine house. Including one I never thought of before. See my VM Forum post for further info.

I haven't been on the SQC boards much since the middle of Jan when my computer's mother board fried. Last week I finally got it fixed.

For What It's Worth.

KEN

You are a beast! I hope your car makes it to 1,000,000 miles.