Big Time Waterpump Failure

89PalermoSHP

Not that Ive seen a million pumps but my buddys wifes heat wasnt working. We did the heater core, hoses, temp switch, and finally the pump last night. Nothing like throwing parts at a problem but I wish we would have started here lol. The car didnt overheat or show any signs of a bad pump but it was pretty obvious when we pulled it off. Its a 99 Sable and they must have an issue with internal block rusting...

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w202/89PalermoSHP/Mobile%20Uploads/20140308_205120.jpg

That's very common with the Taurus's and sable's. They had a huge slushing problem with the cooling systems. Before you go any further there is one line for the heater core under the hood that ties into a metal hard line. Make sure it's not plugged with sludge.

Same thing happened to my mother in laws Taurus and that's where the problem was.

I've seen all sorts of pump impeller failures , I'm not so sure it's always the use of tap water in the cooling system as much as it is just plain poor metal the impeller was made with , so much of our

parts are made with inferior china junk metal these days