Here we go again... snow for All you guys down south

importwarrior

thought about getting some gas for LP up in WI for my 2ndary heat source and i decided to wait for a couple months since i dont need it being that LP atm is over 5 bucks a gallon atm and the minimum purchase is 100 gallons. 500 bucks says im gonna wait.

I think were ok here in the atl. Froze up but yall yankees aint laughing at us this time.

Actually this time its all ice. Just enough snow to whiten it up but weve had a lot of sleet and very light rain drizzle thats just making the ice pile up. They say we are supposed to be warming up late tommorow but as of yet i do t think it will be gone untill friday at best.

I think were ok here in the atl. Froze up but yall yankees aint laughing at us this time.

Actually this time its all ice. Just enough snow to whiten it up but weve had a lot of sleet and very light rain drizzle thats just making the ice pile up. They say we are supposed to be warming up late tommorow but as of yet i do t think it will be gone untill friday at best.

If you get the inch of ice I heard about electricity will be a luxury.

I'm sitting on 6 inches just south of Knoxville. Feel bad for the ATL folk. Ice is no joke, way worse than some snow. Stay warm peeps

4" in Woodstock on top of a 1/4" of ice. Not goin anywhere today.

Except out to my street to sled with the kid!

See that's all we ask. Not setup don't go out in it. + the kids are having a ball now, getting some exercise ect

4" in Woodstock on top of a 1/4" of ice. Not goin anywhere today.

Except out to my street to sled with the kid!

I have a lifted Hummer, I tow the kids up and down the street on there sleds, I know it sounds white trash but they love it.

Freeze rain is no joke, especially if the winds picks up. It'll snap over telephone poles like they are tiny sticks. I assume your utility companies have at least trimmed away trees around power lines in case a branch snaps off so it doesn't kill power for the whole block?

I have a lifted Hummer, I tow the kids up and down the street on there sleds, I know it sounds white trash but they love it.

It's only white trash if you use an extension cord because you couldn't find a rope.

That's sweet. Just don't get caught doing it..... big fines. Also make sure you know exactly where you towing.... have had a few bad curb, and manhole and sewer covers flipped up by plows. I ate a curb flew 6' and got stuck up to my waste in a snow bank. If it would have been hard packed snow or ice I would have broke my legs and pelvice.

Best we have done is being towed at just over 50. We have pulled a batman power wheels car with my driving to 40. They handle really well (and you have to remove the motors to really get them to roll)

I have 15 inches as of now (same storm) & already still had snow on the ground from the previous snows. (the end of the storm still to follow w/ a couple more inches to come) Just tried to get my front door open (nope, my have to remove the storm door from inside & dig out... did that some years ago w/ the big 40" drop over a weeks time) It has snowed some dozen or so times this year; w/ a few causing closings, & I'm tired of shoveling for sure! Good luck & safety to all who are experiencing this winters wrath. ;)

Freeze rain is no joke, especially if the winds picks up. It'll snap over telephone poles like they are tiny sticks. I assume your utility companies have at least trimmed away trees around power lines in case a branch snaps off so it doesn't kill power for the whole block?

It's only white trash if you use an extension cord because you couldn't find a rope.

Thats funny

That's sweet. Just don't get caught doing it..... big fines. Also make sure you know exactly where you towing.... have had a few bad curb, and manhole and sewer covers flipped up by plows. I ate a curb flew 6' and got stuck up to my waste in a snow bank. If it would have been hard packed snow or ice I would have broke my legs and pelvice.

Best we have done is being towed at just over 50. We have pulled a batman power wheels car with my driving to 40. They handle really well (and you have to remove the motors to really get them to roll)

We go 10-15 mph tops, really wide street, never though about the manhole covers, will have to check. Edited by bodhi