aem tru boost controller set at 48 on duty cycle

1st pull 141.78 hp/ 210.65 tq

2nd pull 146.97hp/ 215.84 tq

3rd pull set boost controller to 50 and got

156.00 hp and 231.31 tq

this was at the rear wheels.

ANY suggestions??

Post the dyno graph picture.

Put timing back to 10, no reason to add timing like that if it's not some kind of race car. Turn up the boost until the wideband starts reading leaner than 12:1, then turn it down one psi. Get a bigger turbo.

Put timing back to 10, no reason to add timing like that if it's not some kind of race car.

Like Tech said, leave timing alone. Advance feels good at first until knocks and the computer pulls timing. Then it just runs like DOOKY.

This

It may have been knocking with that much timing. I know I once did a dyno day, car was all stock except with a boost controller, and 3" exhaust, on 87 octane fuel and it was pulling lots of timing. Maybe that's the case here super rich and timing way too high.

• 3 weeks later...
I have changed timming on the dyno in the past and it made more power with 8 then 10. Are you sure the cam timming is right thats not much power at all. Not a big fan of the 20g Ithere..... Edited by TainterRacing

Hes prolly talkin about efficiency.

Then I would agree a 20g isn't as efficient at low boost as say a 12a. But I haven't noticed any lag. I actually need a bigger turbo because my 20g spools too fast for a MPI car. It would work great in a TBI car.

Then I would agree a 20g isn't as efficient at low boost as say a 12a. But I haven't noticed any lag. I actually need a bigger turbo because my 20g spools too fast for a MPI car. It would work great in a TBI car.

What you need is a 06h turbine in the hot side. That would unlock about 70HP.

Edit, the sl2 size 9 blade turbines are the rage now, and would fit better in the sq housings.

Edited by StarquestRescue

Lol a 12a at 8psi probably makes more power than a 20g at 8psi

Comparing my old td05h 14g, to my td06h 20g

Both in stock exhaust housings but milled to fit the wheel

Ran 13psi on the 14g

Took 17 on the 20g to feel the same

At the same time, 20g sucked below 15psi

Yeah, the HP gains when going from outside of the efficiency zone and then into it are pretty astounding when using good sized turbo's. But yes, as has been said a million times to deaf ears by people who know, Turbine is a super restriction. TD06 shoulda been stock on these things.

I agree running a big turbo @ 10 or less psi is inefficient and may not make as much HP but that's kinda the point. I don't run my 20g @ 8 psi for fun. I run it that way for cruising and better mileage. When I want more I flick a switch and the boost goes up.
  • Like 1

I agree running a big turbo @ 10 or less psi is inefficient and may not make as much HP but that's kinda the point. I don't run my 20g @ 8 psi for fun. I run it that way for cruising and better mileage. When I want more I flick a switch and the boost goes up.

people forget that we do not always drive in boost ,, thanks for reminding them

people forget that we do not always drive in boost ,, thanks for reminding them

i dont either, but if someone ticks me off on the interstate or somewhere, or someone wants to play, i dont wanna have to flip a switch

either way, i see the switch pointless, sounds like someone cant control their foot lol

i would only do a switch for like tune swaps, like 93 tune, e85 tune. stuff like that