Poll: StarQuest Wheels On Other Cars - Picture Heavy

NikoFab

StarQuest Wheels On Other Cars  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Like Seeing SQ Wheels On Other Cars?

2. 2. Is The SQ Wheel The Best OEM Regular Production Car Wheel Ever Produced?

3. 3. What's Your Favorite Combo On An SQ?

• Stock 7's in front, Stock 8's in back
    • SHP 8's in front, SHP 9's in back
    • SHP 9's in front, SHP 9's in back
    • Stock 8's, SHP 8's
    • Stock Flatties
    • None Of The Above

No wonder our wheels are so hard to find in decent shape!!

I'm almost ashamed to say it, but after looking at Niko's pics I almost think the early supra's look better with our wheels than our cars do. :o

I can't hate, they look good on everything because they are good looking wheels with a rare offset. Most Starions are either crushed or rotting in fields, if only the rims survive.. so be it. I have my stash hoarded. If I had an 80's Supra, RX or Z, they'd be on there too.

Yeah I couldn't believe how good they made that civic look

That civic pic is a videogame... 3D model.

Edited by Fuze

I can't hate, they look good on everything because they are good looking wheels with a rare offset. Most Starions are either crushed or rotting in fields, if only the rims survive.. so be it. I have my stash hoarded. If I had an 80's Supra, RX or Z, they'd be on there too.

That civic pic is a videogame... 3D model.

Yeah, I was gonna say, Civic's are 4 luggers. And even if they did the Type R 5 lug conversion, not sure the lug pattern is the same.

Gotta admit... they make the "mild to the wild" rides look SOooo much better than they ever could have, sport'n our wheels! I never realized they were used in so many applications, amazing!!! :)

Wife's Galant GTZ a few years ago. Had a couple cracked rims on it from daughter wrecking it and stuck these on there as temporary spares until the new rims came in. http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10108/Picture_118.jpg

Not a bad set of spares!

http://www.nikofab.com/uploads/3/2/3/6/3236317/847786_orig.jpg

Hmmmm, interesting... must've gotten some adapters that went from 5X112 to 5X114. I never thought about SQ wheels on a Benz but it looks much better than I thought it would. I think I'm still gonna throw some aftermarket wheels on the Benz tho... it's a big car and needs some big wheels.

Oh, and while it sucks that the 240 guys are taking all our wheels, I will admit... I've sold a couple sets of SQ wheels to them, but the only reason I did is because they're willing to pay up to 2X what SQ owners will for them. As much as I like SQ stuff staying with SQs, I like more money in my pocket more.

Hmmmm, interesting... must've gotten some adapters that went from 5X112 to 5X114. I never thought about SQ wheels on a Benz but it looks much better than I thought it would. I think I'm still gonna throw some aftermarket wheels on the Benz tho... it's a big car and needs some big wheels.

Oh, and while it sucks that the 240 guys are taking all our wheels, I will admit... I've sold a couple sets of SQ wheels to them, but the only reason I did is because they're willing to pay up to 2X what SQ owners will for them. As much as I like SQ stuff staying with SQs, I like more money in my pocket more.

I sold a set to a guy with an RX-7....and yeah, same thing. Dude paid more than a starquest peeps would have.

I sold a set to a guy with an RX-7....and yeah, same thing. Dude paid more than a starquest peeps would have.

haha... Yeah that is one thing I have really noticed. The SQ crowd seems to be a frugal bunch. Seriously what's up with that? What do you think drives that? Just low cost of entry into one in the past? I have always found this very duelistic as these cars were super expensive (for what you were getting) when they were new.

haha... Yeah that is one thing I have really noticed. The SQ crowd seems to be a frugal bunch. Seriously what's up with that? What do you think drives that? Just low cost of entry into one in the past? I have always found this very duelistic as these cars were super expensive (for what you were getting) when they were new.

Dude, I don't get it either. I started selling products for some other cars over the past few years and am blown away at how much easier that stuff is to sell than SQ stuff. For instance, I sell a few things for Kias. These cars are mostly owned by younger kids who are financed to the hilt, but they drop good money on car parts like it's nothing. The tint skins I sell for them are 2X the price I sell the SQ skins at, yet I sell 3x as many skins for Kias as I do SQs. A $400 hood? The SQ world wants to know why I would charge $400 for something that would cost $150 for a Civic. They don't understand that common cars have more aftermarket support and therefore more parts for less, and expect my parts that are hand made in the US for an obscure car to be the same price. Meanwhile, the Kia guys not only don't balk at the prices, but they also want to pay me a premium to go ahead and paint their parts for them. Same for used parts. I've sold some wheels around here... most of the sales went fine and were hassle free, others not so much... I either got talked way down or got screwed on shipping. Meanwhile, local 240 guys are paying more for 7 and 8s on Craigslist than I can even get for SHPs on SQC. Like I said, I'd love to keep SQ stuff with SQs, but money talks. Some people who get mad about the wheels being sold to other cars should just open up their wallets a little more, and it wouldn't be an issue.

Dude, I don't get it either. I started selling products for some other cars over the past few years and am blown away at how much easier that stuff is to sell than SQ stuff. For instance, I sell a few things for Kias. These cars are mostly owned by younger kids who are financed to the hilt, but they drop good money on car parts like it's nothing. The tint skins I sell for them are 2X the price I sell the SQ skins at, yet I sell 3x as many skins for Kias as I do SQs. A $400 hood? The SQ world wants to know why I would charge $400 for something that would cost $150 for a Civic. They don't understand that common cars have more aftermarket support and therefore more parts for less, and expect my parts that are hand made in the US for an obscure car to be the same price. Meanwhile, the Kia guys not only don't balk at the prices, but they also want to pay me a premium to go ahead and paint their parts for them. Same for used parts. I've sold some wheels around here... most of the sales went fine and were hassle free, others not so much... I either got talked way down or got screwed on shipping. Meanwhile, local 240 guys are paying more for 7 and 8s on Craigslist than I can even get for SHPs on SQC. Like I said, I'd love to keep SQ stuff with SQs, but money talks. Some people who get mad about the wheels being sold to other cars should just open up their wallets a little more, and it wouldn't be an issue.

Are you saying starquest peeps are cheapos? lol That's no mistery. That's been the reason why most of the independant aftermarket suppliers have been run out of this community.

I delivered a 300ZX to an aftermarket parts vendor in SoCal, they were gonna do R&D for various parts they plan on producing for those cars. I asked about the starquest, maybe some rads or intercoolers etc., I got a resounding "hell no, there's no money in those cars." I guess they did their research before :lol:

Edited by louswheel01
  • Like 1