hehe useless tidbit

Shelby

How about a multi start thread? I've never seen one in practical use, but they taught us how to cut one in school.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2e/Lead_and_pitch_in_screws.png

How about a multi start thread? I've never seen one in practical use, but they taught us how to cut one in school.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2e/Lead_and_pitch_in_screws.png

Some jack bolts and track bar adjusters on race cars are multi thread. That's the only use for them that Ive ever run across.

BC_99

Edited by BC_99

Shelby, how many grooves does a record have? Only a few of us here remember records.

about that many , you didn't say what size record you needed to know about , but any way that is such a simple question i'l let Fanta answer it

any one ever notice that a nut or bolt always starts to thread on at the same spot lol

And that's the spot we always struggle to find when we are shoulder deep into the engine bay trying to start a nut we can't see. :P

Oh and a record has one groove.

• Like 1

any of you ever see the round records , I have actualy make my own recording on one of them ,even had my oldest daughter singing a kids song on one many years ago

And that's the spot we always struggle to find when we are shoulder deep into the engine bay trying to start a nut we can't see. :P

Oh and a record has one groove.

se I knew there was at least ONE smart guy on here ;)

any of you ever see the round records , I have actualy make my own recording on one of them ,even had my oldest daughter singing a kids song on one many years ago

se I knew there was at least ONE smart guy on here ;)

Round records? All my records were round, circular discs :P

Now if you mean cylinders, yes I have seen and heard them. I actually have a player. All the cylinders went missing before we cleaned out my aunts house :(