Brake ducts.....any interest?

Convette

So I had to make brake ducts for my car for the race, I made a buck and vaccu formed them. Since I have the buck and its pretty easy to pull more I wanted to see if anyone is interested in a set. I used rather thin plastic, but will be using thicker stronger material for the parts and fitment will be much better than these (first run pieces). Looking at $25 a set + shipping. You will still have to get your own tubing (2.5") and finish it off at the brakes themselves, but this will help get you there.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w239/johnboy9788/20130312_122316_zps8365a961.jpg

any takers?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great idea and a great price!

A friend of my brother SOTTY made these a while back.

Held in with pop rivets.

Colin B)

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu353/carguygibby/2013-03-21_16-17-34_27_zpsaed4302f.jpg

Edited by carguygibby

ok. I'll get started on them tomorrow. Yep, I just pop riveted them in on the sides, held up just fine. Should have something for you guys by next week. They would owrk great for brakes or intake.

Airdam one. Sorry about that, I thought it might be a bit confusing.. The upper one (foglight) was origionally going to go to split air intakes, but scrapped that idea later on. Now they only look like intakes but are blocked off for aero reasons. It would be very simple to run the ducting to the air intake if you want would grab some nice cold air from the ground. Dont ever go filterless. Edited by Convette

Airdam one. Sorry about that, I thought it might be a bit confusing.. The upper one (foglight) was origionally going to go to split air intakes, but scrapped that idea later on. Now they only look like intakes but are blocked off for aero reasons. It would be very simple to run the ducting to the air intake if you want would grab some nice cold air from the ground. Dont ever go filterless.

Ok cool...I'm down. Let me know when and where to send payment.

Nick

If anyone does this let me get some pics, would you just go filterless? Or like an inline filter?

optimal would be to build a box and vent into the box, then run the filter in the box and tube to turbo. Just be cautious to never suck up water doing it.

optimal would be to build a box and vent into the box, then run the filter in the box and tube to turbo. Just be cautious to never suck up water doing it.

I already have one of the K&N Drycharger filter wraps for just this reason. :)

I already have one of the K&N Drycharger filter wraps for just this reason. :)

IDK if this would funciton like the bypass diverters they have for when there is suction if you should submerge an intake. I think it would help but I don't think it would keep you from sucking up water in a situation where it was submerged and there was suction.

Just wanted to put it out there more as a caution, for those who don't realize the risk of running intakes like that. It's not really a dialy dirver type mod anyways.