Turbo stall,,,, slow down????

wrngwae

lol. well, John. it runs great and have a brand spanking new turbo set up. identical to the old one. and well,,,,,same thing so I only boost to 15. I have a few 90's ran in short series off the front output of the turbo. im wondering if I run non ic pipe just to see if my piping is charging and trying to straighten out and kinks one if the 90s its just a thought. the only things that there that was from the old set up it the fip intake, innercooler and piping, ss log manifold.....so it has to be something there. Thanks for the Bump John. hoping for new ideas and starting to want to work on this again since all is running good.

lol. well, John. it runs great and have a brand spanking new turbo set up. identical to the old one. and well,,,,,same thing so I only boost to 15. I have a few 90's ran in short series off the front output of the turbo. im wondering if I run non ic pipe just to see if my piping is charging and trying to straighten out and kinks one if the 90s its just a thought. the only things that there that was from the old set up it the fip intake, innercooler and piping, ss log manifold.....so it has to be something there. Thanks for the Bump John. hoping for new ideas and starting to want to work on this again since all is running good.

I had a very similar issue, I just fixed today, pull all your couplers, and check under the clamps.

Very similar issue, turned out I had a hole under a clamp, changed coupler, problem dolved

Thanks for the advise. your log looks very similar to mine. time to check the piping. was it a tear? or slipping off or what? still cant understand why we go from boost to vac? even if it tears it should loose boost but vac is what boggles my brain?

Thanks for the advise. your log looks very similar to mine. time to check the piping. was it a tear? or slipping off or what? still cant understand why we go from boost to vac? even if it tears it should loose boost but vac is what boggles my brain?

thats what i said!

it makes no sense how you can be wot at +psi, then it drops to -15? shouldnt it atleast go to 0? how the hell does that work without the throttle going shut you know? lol

Phil, i remeber reading that oh about a yr or so ago. i did find the same on my pipes a while back and slipped a coupler over it and protect it some. but this is one odd issue. i will look into in after i get the garage open again. i got my sons car in there trying to get it running atleast. its a 1g dsm flood victim.... Scott has the ecu right now so it will be a few more days.

• 2 weeks later...

if you have a hole or tear in any of the inter cooler pipeing or hoses or couplers,, they can open at high boost and when they do the engine does not recive the air it needs so it will stop boosting

That's obvious, however still doesn't explain why it goes vacuum when it happens. It should go to 0

Sorry i havent had time to look into this yet. benn swamped, trans job on a ford exploder, whell bearing on 4x4 f250 today, and still trying to get spark on my sons 1g dsm first whip. lol i swear i will look into this soon,,,,,,,,,i hope

question what would happen if an IC hose had a terar on the inside and at a spacific boost pressure would catch air and blow shut ,

i have seen this on exh pipes where the inner lineing would slam shut, cuting off the exh flow instantly

and i have seen hyd brake hoses do the same thing

if an IC hose were to slam shut it could cause the engine to go into vacuum even if under boost at the time

not saying this is his problem just throwing out ideas and what if's

• 1 year later...
Fixed!!!! Removed my battery and located Otto the back. Now straight clean run from innercooler to the intake without a bunch of 90s to deal with and no more boost stall. Running like a champ!!! Now injectors are maxed out. 750s are not too small. Heck ya. Very happy this is over.
  • Like 1

Now. We need tie drag race. Lol

First day for 131 motorsports park is April 4th, 131 is close for both of us but test and tunes are Fridays and Saturdays I've never ran there I usually go to Milan but Milan would be a long haul for you.