Chatted with minagera earlier, tornadoes went north of Huntsville proper, but Chattanooga is getting slammed. Farther north, here in Nashville, we're supposed to see the really bad stuff this evening from around 3-7pm. I'm getting out of work about 2:30, just in case.

As I was driving in this morning, I encountered one of the heaviest hail storms I've ever driven through. The road was white from the amount of hail stones. That was sign enough to me that this system was nothing to trifle with... Good luck to everyone, and stay safe!

Be careful out there around the tennessee/ohio valley. Moderate risk of severe weather and possible strong-long lived tornadoes this evening. Kinda early in the year to be seeing this much severe weather, although it's been a pretty warm winter. I'm an amateur storm spotter, it's another hobby of mine :P

i was tlking to Lee ( Nomad ) they had some close ones also :wacko: Couth, Josh88 where ya at ?

There's been 2 tornados spotted near me today so far. 1 about 45 minutes west, and 1 about 15 minutes north. All is well in my town, just some heavy rain and some 1/8" hail about 15 minutes ago.

Huntsville here. Just got a text from NOMAD. My wife, Cathy, works at Meridianville Middle School. They got hit. Also Buckhorn HS, where her goes had damage. He texted me when it was getting hit. Waited a while and texted back asking if the 92 Cutlas was ok, it is. More coming in a few hours. Few injuries here, homes demolished. No deaths. Better than last April 27th. Then I was on the generator within 10 minutes watching the weather and drinking a beer. That lasted 6 days. I will have a generator until I die! Everyone be safe.

I live in Moscow ohio, 80 percent of the town was leveled, luckily I live on the outskirts and sustained very little damage, the destruction was mostly in town. Its lookin nasty out here and I think I'll be couch surfing for a while until they get the power back on, there are a lot of down power lines and the town is full of emergency crews trying to get everything cleaned up.

Wow!

Glad to hear everyone's doing OK! I was watching the convective outlooks and models and so forth, and it looked like it would be a mess out that way.

Just the day before, we had some heavies roll through Hutchinson and Harveyville got one too. Tornados in late Feb and early March? I'm thinking this may be a bumpy season.

Tim

Well. Everyone is fine here, no twistys but really bad hail storm. My house didn't get it that bad but my ex-wife's house, less than five miles from me where my truck is, got pounded by baseball size hail. Her house got the windows knocked out in the basement, other windows were ok due to 24 inch eaves, roof is ruined, and phone/cable lines are on the ground. My truck is a total loss. It beat the vent visors off, broke the mirrors, left huge dents everywhere, but didn't break any glass. Others in Chattanooga were not so fortunate.

Kane