Look what just picked up from the powder coater

83TechMaster

Well I've had this thing sitting around for a while and decided its finally time to install my MPI :-)

Needless to say it came out pretty nice :-)

Wish me luck on the MPI install!

IMG_4499.JPG

IMG_4496.JPG

IMG_4494.JPG

• Like 1

awwww man that is nice!!!! i too just installed a fip intake..... i hope you have enough vac ports,,,, it only comes with one....

Wow that is a great looking coat, not to mention a great looking intake manifold

You mean like this? Chad rolls with a short runner style. That's all of my IC piping beside the IC. Nice choice of PC color btw :D

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/14392/powder_coated_parts.JPG

You mean like this? Chad rolls with a short runner style. That's all of my IC piping beside the IC. Nice choice of PC color btw :D

Did you powder coat your intake as well? :D

Well I've had this thing sitting around for a while and decided its finally time to install my MPI :-)

Needless to say it came out pretty nice :-)

Wish me luck on the MPI install!

IMG_4499.JPG

IMG_4496.JPG

IMG_4494.JPG

Man that intake have such a nice gloss finish on it that is beautiful. :D :D :D

I was looking into what's called "Neo-chrome" which is supposed to be a powdercoat that ends up looking like chrome, but it takes a few coats to do and honestly, the samples didn't impress me (seemed more like a plastic chrome look). Not bad from a distance though. Mine's just one of many shades of metallic silver. I forget the name actually.

Did you powder coat your own intake and why only one coat on it?

I had it done by a powdercoating shop in town. $125 for all pictured. Only 1 coat b/c finances needed elsewhere. I just got it done to keep the IC pipes from rusting, and the mani & VC to match. Makes it all much easier to clean also.

Do you have atomization issues with that injector placement/angle?

Do you have atomization issues with that injector placement/angle?

No probs that I can tell. I'd guess that may be avoided with the right spray pattern. I have 65lb Delphi injectors that are more than capable. Chad would be the one to direct a question like that to however. LMK if you reach him...his T56 kit is all I need for the swap.

No probs that I can tell. I'd guess that may be avoided with the right spray pattern. I have 65lb Delphi injectors that are more than capable. Chad would be the one to direct a question like that to however. LMK if you reach him...his T56 kit is all I need for the swap.

It's not an issue with sizing of the injectors, it's that you're spraying high pressure fuel into the opposite wall of the runner, and not in the direction of the flow of the airstream.

I took my intake out of the plastic and the box today made by chad and put the injectors in and fuel rail on

to see how it looks. I then remember seeing your intake was made a little different than mines.Where you install

your injectors i only have one of those installation points and it's on the second and the third intake runners. Then on

the first and the fourth runners my injector port is different and there is one screw that holds the fuel rail on and that's placed between the second and third runners.I guess i purchased the first batch made. But man do i love the look of it with the injectors

installed. Now to find a good powder coater in the tristate area. :D :D :D :D

• 4 months later...