Going wider...

Convette

Just watched the videos on your website...very cool.

Thanks man.. Got so many much stuff I need to update on there.

Just saw your car on TVman

Yeah I wish they showed the car a little more, and not the part where I spun off the track..lol The race at Laguna should have a lot more exposure.

i need to find a starion real quick just so i can buy a set of these. all 4 corners for 2000? seams reasonable for a bolt on part that makes the car look even more aggressive. good job!

Haha everyone needs a quest in their life anyways!

Any thoughts/solutions for drilling into the rear quarter? Potential rust starting - would need to coat the newly drilled holes with paint or something after. Possibly use some seals on the bolts. Any ideas with a possible rubber seal around the part?

I am sure you have already thought of these things, but I didn't see talk of them yet. Of course these could all be mute points since the original quarter would need to be modified to fit a larger tire anyways.

I also assume we are talking sheet metal screws and not bolts. Excellent job by the way. You certainly have a lot of talent.

Edited by ColdScrip

Any thoughts/solutions for drilling into the rear quarter? Potential rust starting - would need to coat the newly drilled holes with paint or something after. Possibly use some seals on the bolts. Any ideas with a possible rubber seal around the part?

I am sure you have already thought of these things, but I didn't see talk of them yet. Of course these could all be mute points since the original quarter would need to be modified to fit a larger tire anyways.

I also assume we are talking sheet metal screws and not bolts. Excellent job by the way. You certainly have a lot of talent.

What I plan on doing is drilling the holes, then something like frame saver or por15, something durable before the rivits/bolts go in.. Still undecided on hardware yet, rivits/sheet metal screws will be the easiest, but I want to use something nicer... I have thought about a seal of some sort, maybe even silicone for them, but I want it to fit flush, so thats something that would be personal preference really. And yes this is a huge commitment to hacking up the quarter panels, flaring them and rewelding, All of which needs to be repainted to prevent rust. I removed my gas tank yesterday in preparation, maybe not necessary, but I feel much safer in doing so.

be like the 240 widebody kits.. the gas door stays the same and there is a cut out for it..

That is ugly, lazy and non ero. Why not just move the door out with the wide body pannel.

• Like 1

Look.....I know you don't seem to skimp on your build and stuff...but I know how to mod quite a bit too...so I am kinda wanting to experiment.

I say just plazma cut away and break out the english wheel.

hey people... everyone calm down.. im not building these.. it was just something ive seen before.. it up to john on how these are built, and if any of you have seen his work... you have nothing to worry about, this stuff will be top notch!

Yeah... Lol so about the fuel door, I was going to put a provision in for a flush mount fuel door, however they are not cheap. The one I was looking at is around 270. Since I changed my mind and have gone with a fuel cell, I will no longer be using the stock fuel door. This is really going to be up you. I also hate how it looks when it's just a hole for the stock door. It could easily be done by putting the hinge and unlocking mechanism on the fiber glass panel to duplicate the stock door. Or a universal fuel filler door could be bolted to the side panel and would use the stock cap with the door removed.

If you want to cut your car up and make your own...by all means have at it.

Edited by Convette