My 500 dollar or less MPI build!

I thought the same thing when I saw you were going to use copper. It's not a good idea. It will work harden and eventually crack. Might be 10 years ... might be 10 minutes.

On another note, you do not need a TPS. I run MS and all of my accel enrichments are purely MAP based. It works much better imo than TPS based. The only thing I use the TPS for is flood clear. But you could easily just unplug MS and crank it to achieve the same effect.

I cant do the bungs on the stock intake because i'm going to be utilizing 8 injectors!
What in the world would you need 8 injectors for? That will be WAY overkill, even if they are little guys.

I seriously dont see how mpi is so damn expensive, 150-200 for ms, 100 for injectors, 50 for misc, wires, 150 for a wideband, and an intake.

So you are already going over 500 - using your numbers;

$200 for ms +

$100 injectors +

$50 misc, +

$150 wideband

$500.00

and you dont have the fuel rail, wires, sensors, intake or intercooler piping/couplers yet.

Dont take this the wrong way, I am not trying to talk down on you, more power to your innovation/creation!

Edited by NotStock88

actually, Already have a wideband that I bought a while ago for my previous car. and as for the copper, the pipe I bought is a copper alloy, not pure copper so it does make a difference, it is a copper nickel iron alloy. also check again i paid 20 dollars for all 8 injectors. so far first part of the fuel rail is being finished, check the pic of how the injectors are set up, i will make the rail in a U shape to fuel all injectors from a single rail.

also got my megasquirt done today! soldered and ready to go. took about 4 hours ! not too bad i think. was alot easier then I expected. as for sensors, already have all needed. have throttle body w/ tps, coolant temp sensor and guage, oil pressure sensor and guage, boost ect..

Also have a question, will a DSM 2g fuel pressure reg be good ? my guess is yes but opinions......

dont mind the card board inbetween the injectors, it isn't staying there, just used as support to take a pic. also dont mind the card board under the rail.!!

as for my work, yes it isn't fast and furious cool it's ugly what ever. this car is going to be 90% my offroad rallying car up at the colorado rally tracks so..

also please keep the extreme criticism and flaming to yourself. thanks much :)

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/5269/imag0322d.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/7015/imag0319i.jpg

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/8559/imag0318q.jpg

Edited by DSMvirus1

JB weld on Copper with 8 injectors. Looks like a very large risk for fire...And the way the nipple sits in that tubing..I don't see it flowing right at all. But props for thinking outside the box.

No, I actually didn't know that,As for the rails, I didn't weld them it was just too small, but I did solder them with a tin based solder and put JB weld Around that just for added strength. so it isn't purely jb weld. anyway the fuel rail is finished and up! pics. Well I'm definitely not trying to get banned thats for sure. is using jb weld on stuff agains forum rules or something?

again, the pipe is copper alloy ( mix of metals ) not pure copper.

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/894/imag0323m.jpg

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/5798/imag0324v.jpg

Edited by DSMvirus1

neither, i didn't jb welb the injector to the manifold or jb weld the injector bungs. jb welding the actual injectors to the manifold is freaking crazy.. how would I ever get the injector off. that stuff on there was just some silicone to hold them in the spot * temporarily * so I could work up the fuel rail. I just didn't clean it all up yet and I haven't done the bungs.

also I did the soldering Prior to the jb weld, the solder is under, I just put the jb weld on top for strength.

Edited by DSMvirus1

Well I'm definitely not trying to get banned thats for sure. is using jb weld on stuff agains forum rules or something?

No, but members flaming/bashing other members is against the rules (Not specifically referring to you, DSMvirus1). For any of you not familiar with them, look here: SQC Policy. Use the report to mods button if you have any issues with someone's post, and we will take care of it.

Constructive criticism is one thing, but hate and harassment is not helpful at all, don't be surprised (or cry or whine) when you receive a suspension for breaking the rules.

Let's see some helpful words and advice that I know you guys are capable of.

-Robert

Picked up the throttle body today,injector clips and fuel pressure reg! everything is getting close to complete! I'm putting it all back together now! just need to wire up megasquirt! and for my other post, I fixed my req fuel percentages and whatever for the injectors. now I just need some help with wiring! I dont have any info on what pin is what on megasquirt...umm how to keep the stock spark and distrib and what goes where on the tps!

my tps has 3 wires aswell but I dont know what goes where or..??