What differences does 6 years make?

DJpowerHaus

I'm seriously considering getting another Starquest. Sure the race car was still being driven until the end of 2009, but I've been missing driving one on the street since June of 2005. I wonder how much things have changed since then...

The dollar sure is weaker so just about anything imported is going to cost tons more. I think the cost of parts like pistons / rods and other things has nearly doubled. How many LESS Starquests exist since then? Original parts / parts cars must be getting pretty hard to find. Luckily I've got enough parts to build a few of these things stashed in the shed.

How about SQ club? I see some familiar names still around, but there are a whole bunch more I don't. And all the new people! Wow. I wonder how many of the cars on here have been passed down from those owners in 6+ years ago.

I've had a Miata since 2006. I'm really looking forward to having more than 2 seats and a turbo.... maybe even a 4th 4G64 swap.

good to see you back on the forum,, sorry to have to say it but more got junk'd then passs'd on to others ,

or being pass'd on to others just quicken'd their ride to the yunk yard http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif

I think if you love the starquests which you obviously do then not to much has changed. I mean I am a new guy which you don't know but I have noticed that there is a decent parts support for the cars but there arnt many new things being developed but I have seen all of the things you have done and help research which is great. I don't know if you know Doug Mccullough from PA but he has a 4G63 swapped conquest and he got most of his info from your site and I personally have watched your videos of your car drifting and stuff and I also saw how it got a lil smashed but hey that's drifting. I just wanted to say what's up and I personally liked your car a lot.

Good to see ya back! Things have changed around here, but you know the old saying.... The more things change, the more things stay the same.

Hurry up and get another one, you know you have no choice.

A fine day on SQC it is. Must be a calling, I tried selling off both mine, and the buyer fell through, pics of my old Flatty were posted on Facebook, and the title came in for my Conquest. Now DJ is back as soon as I consider another 4G swap. Looks like I'll need to log back into Project Zero-G again. ;)

Buy another one, you know you want to, stop denying yourself the satisfaction. lol

What happened to the cop sq?

Good Question...

I still have the Police Star... still have the rear quarter cut out from that drifting mishap a few years ago. I drove a few events after that sans rear corner. The last event was December 2009 where I kicked rod 1 out the side of the block on the 2nd turn of the day. I was pretty frustrated. That made 3 events in a row where I got less that 15 min of track time before breaking down. I trailered it home and pulled the engine / wiring / etc and parked it.

This spring dad asked me to clean up my cars (3 Starquests and a Festiva). I looked at the rule books to see what I would need to run in any of the near by drift series and it would need about $1000 worth of safety upgrades / repairs. I decided not to put any more $$ into a car I can't enjoy more than a few times a year. That's when I started thinking about getting a nice chassis with an interior in order to do a swap similar to Busdriver's (Craig's) swap I did at the end of 2008. Something I can give my friends rides in and enjoy on the street. I'll likely rebuild my 2.4 over the coming months and swap the Holset / Rx7 trans / 240SX steering / etc as well.

There are tons of other chassis I'd like to play with, but just due to the amount of spares I've got right now, I want to do another Starquest. I've got to get something, figure out just what I need to salvage from my parts cars to get a new one up to par and then get rid of the rest.

Guest Kenmarrow
Haha I still think about the BURN OUT you left in Michigan at the meet...Just great memories...Come on down to the PF meet and have a beer or 12... There will be a lot of Michigan Meet peeps there.. Later and build anew.. Ken

Oh the burnout hear round the hotel.... Good to see you back. I've been questless for a year but there will probably be another. This place has went downhill in a big way since the michigan meet.

Welcome back!

All the guys from the glory days seem to be popping up all over the place!

That's exactly what I was thinking. But like I've been reading lately, some of them have always been here, just lurking in the shadows. I'm guilty of that myself, lol.

DJ: Good to see you still around.

Edited by Josh '88

Good Question...

I still have the Police Star... still have the rear quarter cut out from that drifting mishap a few years ago. I drove a few events after that sans rear corner. The last event was December 2009 where I kicked rod 1 out the side of the block on the 2nd turn of the day. I was pretty frustrated. That made 3 events in a row where I got less that 15 min of track time before breaking down. I trailered it home and pulled the engine / wiring / etc and parked it.

This spring dad asked me to clean up my cars (3 Starquests and a Festiva). I looked at the rule books to see what I would need to run in any of the near by drift series and it would need about $1000 worth of safety upgrades / repairs. I decided not to put any more $ into a car I can't enjoy more than a few times a year. That's when I started thinking about getting a nice chassis with an interior in order to do a swap similar to Busdriver's (Craig's) swap I did at the end of 2008. Something I can give my friends rides in and enjoy on the street. I'll likely rebuild my 2.4 over the coming months and swap the Holset / Rx7 trans / 240SX steering / etc as well.

There are tons of other chassis I'd like to play with, but just due to the amount of spares I've got right now, I want to do another Starquest. I've got to get something, figure out just what I need to salvage from my parts cars to get a new one up to par and then get rid of the rest.

Dude,

I dig the cop motif. Got any other pics of it???

That's exactly what I was thinking. But like I've been reading lately, some of them have always been here, just lurking in the shadows. I'm guilty of that myself, lol.

DJ: Good to see you still around.

LOL I'm guilty of that too

How's this for a trip down memory lane? Pics of your car from Pigeon Forge 2004.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z22/dodgedakota64/2004%20Pigeon%20Forge%20Meet/DCP_0145.jpg

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z22/dodgedakota64/2004%20Pigeon%20Forge%20Meet/DCP_0147.jpg

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z22/dodgedakota64/2004%20Pigeon%20Forge%20Meet/DCP_0146.jpg

How's this for a trip down memory lane? Pics of your car from Pigeon Forge 2004.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z22/dodgedakota64/2004%20Pigeon%20Forge%20Meet/DCP_0145.jpg

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z22/dodgedakota64/2004%20Pigeon%20Forge%20Meet/DCP_0147.jpg

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z22/dodgedakota64/2004%20Pigeon%20Forge%20Meet/DCP_0146.jpg

LOL....look at Wayne and Goofy Grant...

Techmaster just won the Lurker Award for me...havn't seen a post from him in 6 months.

Build a g54b if you want another one. I hear they can make decent power with the right parts.

And your dad said to get rid of starquests, so your solution is to get another one? I like how you think, haha.

Haha I still think about the BURN OUT you left in Michigan at the meet..

Oh the burnout hear round the hotel....

You mean the burnout SMELLED around the hotel! He went flying by my car, and I had the doors open. I didn't think the smell was going to come out of the upholstery.

Nice to see you back, DJ!

Tim

Mike, it's great to see you posting here again. You should definitely build another, but keep it street-like and enjoy it. Find a clean body and show it off.

You know...PF is right around the corner.....wanna come down for the weekend? We're expecting a big turnout. You don't need a car, just bring yourself :) I haven't seen you since Michigan 2007.