4 pot brake upgrade

I too, would like more info on the Evo swap. If the Subaru Brembo setup is close, I can get my hands on one of those setups for cheap, if not just manhandle one for free, I've got a hook at a local Scooby performance shop.

Also, as far as the Z32 front calipers, I can look more into those. I know a STi guy who's also into Z32s and might have a pair of calipers laying around.

The Wilwoods are still pending, I just haven't had anywhere near the time or money for parts to sit down and mock things up. My Conquest might sell this week, so that'll put a damper on things [i still have my Starion in storage in Utah though, I can pull the front knuckles off it for mock up].

I hate to say it ... I sold a perfectly good Cobra brake setup off this '94 Cobra in my shed about 8 months ago ... Kinda kicking myself for doing that now.

Sounds like I have a new goal, under $500 I bet can somewhat easily be done using new parts.

• 1 month later...

I'm sure most of you know I'm no longer in Albuquerque, and also jobless again, in addition to selling my only SQ that had stock front suspension components [starion has SN95 Mustang goodies going in], so unfortunately I won't be able to do anything in the brake upgrade department.

I do hope someone comes up with something good though. I might have a strut casing and a hub laying around in storage, but finances are against me at the moment.

4runner front 4 pots are heavy cast items that weigh a heap. Im going to try and get my bracket for the nissan 300zx 4 pots replicated within the next month if i can find someone who can do it for a decent price

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
I know for sure the diamanté calipers work very well for the front and you can keep your master. They are on my buddies 91 talon so look into twin piston Cali's instead all you 4 piston wannabes two is all you need once you've converted to just on the front it brakes so hard and controlled but be careful I eliminated my ebrake and abs crap that car comes with so your high speed braking is dangerous will lock up easier with upgrade and I'm assuming that no matter how much $ you guys have to throw at any car over braking power is not good a stong controlled braking is what you want. Our cars will never need 4/2 piston Cali front and rear because we will never be in a 200mph lemans race! Don't over do things because they look nice or sound good. By the way the flat cars are ok but wide body! 18! Stagard 8/9 or 7/9 or 7/8 but aftermarket wheels will never ever look good on a quest youight think so but the factory style has no comparison you might as well put a 1j and some spinners and call it a Starion pshhh! It's no different than walking into a room as a man dressed like a women it doesn't look right and you have transmission problems from the bigger wheels with the I'm so better than you kool car stay with it I will never touch a quest unless it's heart is a quest it's feet are quest period if not it's an abomination not a quest! I don't care what any of you say about your experiences I've read all trades on this site and it seems that you guys would rather spend thousands on cool colors and engines and so on I have an 88 on stock tc05 magna intake megasquirt and wiesco pistons no d2 crap no 19wheels that go roun and round no super dooper cool guy exhaust pipe an my car from 0 to 100 will beat any 100k stock super car from factory like gallardo, Maserati and just recently a 396 supercharged 600hp challenger driven by the bird man of miami heat who actullay notice my 5k quest and it's incredible stance screaming by as my car deserves it. Bet you can't do that on 300zx Cali's or some 18s for sure! Big wheels and loud speakers are for hoodlums not Starions. You might as well put spinners on a Sapporo and drive around with the music high and arm out the window because that's what your car looks like when you put any feet either than quest ones.

I know for sure the diamanté calipers work very well for the front and you can keep your master. They are on my buddies 91 talon so look into twin piston Cali's instead all you 4 piston wannabes two is all you need once you've converted to just on the front it brakes so hard and controlled but be careful I eliminated my ebrake and abs crap that car comes with so your high speed braking is dangerous will lock up easier with upgrade and I'm assuming that no matter how much $ you guys have to throw at any car over braking power is not good a stong controlled braking is what you want. Our cars will never need 4/2 piston Cali front and rear because we will never be in a 200mph lemans race! Don't over do things because they look nice or sound good. By the way the flat cars are ok but wide body! 18! Stagard 8/9 or 7/9 or 7/8 but aftermarket wheels will never ever look good on a quest youight think so but the factory style has no comparison you might as well put a 1j and some spinners and call it a Starion pshhh! It's no different than walking into a room as a man dressed like a women it doesn't look right and you have transmission problems from the bigger wheels with the I'm so better than you kool car stay with it I will never touch a quest unless it's heart is a quest it's feet are quest period if not it's an abomination not a quest! I don't care what any of you say about your experiences I've read all trades on this site and it seems that you guys would rather spend thousands on cool colors and engines and so on I have an 88 on stock tc05 magna intake megasquirt and wiesco pistons no d2 crap no 19wheels that go roun and round no super dooper cool guy exhaust pipe an my car from 0 to 100 will beat any 100k stock super car from factory like gallardo, Maserati and just recently a 396 supercharged 600hp challenger driven by the bird man of miami heat who actullay notice my 5k quest and it's incredible stance screaming by as my car deserves it. Bet you can't do that on 300zx Cali's or some 18s for sure! Big wheels and loud speakers are for hoodlums not Starions. You might as well put spinners on a Sapporo and drive around with the music high and arm out the window because that's what your car looks like when you put any feet either than quest ones.

w t f is this? Are you on crack?

• Like 1

Translation, he doesn't like Modified, riced out or swapped quests. And his car is the fastest.

To each his own I say.

• 2 weeks later...

^ well someone has not been keeping up.... cuz then you would know the real deal now is running pimp stars and playing video in your rims while you drive ;)

Anyways back on topic how about brembos from g35's

Edited by jszucs

• 4 weeks later...

DooBoy, that was tough to read. I counted fourteen pauses in this rant (.,!) Still not as impressive as your car's abilities to beat up on $100K Super Cars. I'll give it to you, the stock wheels look the best but Holy crap Man! Relax on the Monsters!

Nissan Brembos are sexy but they are also pricey. Just swapped my buddies 350z rotors/calipers/lines with the Infinity Brembo setup and it was close to $2K with Project MU pads and additional hardware. I wonder what bird man of Miami used to slow his Challenger down?