Tonights Festivities: YOur Liquor Stock Pile?

So who's stock piled what for tonights festivities? I'm a gonna do the Vodka thing, I love beer but I'm not digging the calories and the 10 pounds I've put on in the last 3 months drinking beer.

Maybe in 2011 I'll give up the hooch.... :lol: I had hard time typing that withou laughing!

I drink a little at special occasions, but I pretty much gave up the sauce in 2000.

Probably because I got SO drunk on NY2K, I woke up in the bed of my pickup truck, at home, with no recollection of how I got there, or really, even leaving the party.

Not only that, but the hangover SUCKED!

But here's my stash.....

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/5088/picturegc.jpg

Both of those were bought when Cokedoctor flew down to see my new (at the time) flat in the high rise building. That means, that since February of 2008, I STILL haven't polished those off.

Tim

Getting back on topic here....I have a bottle of Martini Rossi Asti Champagne that I bought last year for New Years...but I left it at work so it never got drank for its intended purpose. Tonight, I'm gonna pop the cork on it, finally and enjoy.

http://l13.sphotos.l3.fbcdn.net/hphotos-l3-snc4/hs1376.snc4/164835_10150113333451672_505891671_7462904_3863603_n.jpg

Edited by Coke

this is the first time in 10-15 years that my wife and i aren't going out or having people over. we therefore won't be doing as much drinking tonight, but we do have some champagne chilling. i'm such a sucker for champagne, prosecco, cava, moscato d'asti - i could drink it with every meal every day. just as long as it's not too expensive and not too dry. a normal new year's isn't complete without a couple or three bottles to cap off the evening, but i think it'll be a bit less this year :)

and mimosas in the morning! (or at least when we wake)

Since Im still on pain killers from a bad accident earlier this year I dont drink much more then maybe a glass of wine with dinner once a week or so.I might have one drink tonight though so I will have to make it good. I think I got enough 18 year old Laphroaig left for one drink, and that will be more then enough. If I dont go that route it will probably be some bubbly. Happy New Years!

This.....

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10087/12-28-10_003.jpg

As well as a fridge full of beer and wine.

Of course, since it's just the me, the wife, and her parents, we won't even make a dent in it.

I am going to a Submariner New Years Eve Party tonite. I'm bringing a liter of Canadian Club and a liter of Jack Daniels.

It's at an ex submarine captain's house that has many bedrooms and NOONE is allowed to drive home on New Years EVE tonite.

There were other New Years Eve's..............

I remember when we just got back off of a HELL of a submarine "Special Operation" on 12/29/? doing dirty dastardly deeds against the Soviets for about 3 weeks, and at the New Years Eve party Tony ................... Have you EVER seen a REAL dance of a Flaming "Butt"hole on top of a tavern bar?

Sorry, Jimmy would ban me forever if I wrote in detail about that or what else happened that night and on into New Years morning.

How about the time when we got a DRUNK GOAT onto Subic Bay Naval Station and down into the Engine Room of a US Nuc Fast Attack Submarine on New Years Eve in Subic Bay in the Phillipines? :lol: :wacko: :blink: The funnier story is what happened trying to get the damn thing out of the sub and back onto the pier and off of the base after it sobered up w/o getting caught by the Subic Bay Military Police!!! :wacko: :rolleyes: :lol:

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!! Great times and hilarious happenings in the US Sub Force in the '60's. :lol: B)

We did our jobs for America and we knew how to play to blow off steam in order to go out and do the next "Spec Op"!!! ;) And our sub captains and the Navy brass turned a blind eye to these high jinx (after humoriuosly chewing our butts off), cuz they appreciated what it took to accomplish what we did.

Unlike today. Make one false move, no matter what you did prior, and you are discharged or crucified in a captain's mast. <_>

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

For What It's Worth.

KEN

Edited by Starfighterpilot