Guys from the "old" days...

pumpedTSI

Hello again Starquesters......just dropping in to see how many of the "old" Starquest (Ryddler)guys are still around. I was big in the game a LONG time ago back when James at CNM, MitsuMark,Fuze, Mike K, Scotty and a few others were around. My brother and I still have our cars but they've been down for a few years with blown engines with built short blocks ready to go in but family, work and other things get to suck up your time. Where is Mike K and what happened to his car? I also remember a kid from Texas who became a high school (?) basketball coach (O'Brian maybe)and that had a blue one totally redone......what happened to him?

Anyways, the family seems to have changed a little but the passion is still there AND the cars have crept up in value "slightly" and become a LOT rarer in the breaker yards and on the road.....keep up the good work! I still drop in from time to time and hope the economy turns a bit so I can get mine back on the road again...

Cool to stop by and show some love! Stick around a bit and you will get that starquest bite again and put yours back on the road! I have got to get off my bodybuilding forums and get back to the quests again myself! Welcome home brotha!

I alluded to this very topic in another thread. I kind of miss all the old guys who used to kick around here. I don't post nearly as much as I used to, but I still have the bug. Good to see ya back.

I alluded to this very topic in another thread. I kind of miss all the old guys who used to kick around here. I don't post nearly as much as I used to, but I still have the bug. Good to see ya back.

+1

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like since a lot of challenges have been conquered (MPI, G54B dynoing well over 500rwhp, 4g63 swap, etc.) and made almost mainstream a lot of the interesting guys and cars have gone away.

Hey thanks for the welcome guys.......I do miss the old girl and the crazy fun (street races) that me and my brother had then.....hell, now that I remember I blew the motor in the blue one at a Conquest meet here in Florida racing a modded SVT Contour who I was slaughtering. The funny thing is, even with a holed (forged too) piston she still drove me home and died in the driveway. Anyways, if some of you guys remember I moved on to BMW's, the 850 V12 to be exact and brought that 6 speed car to a meet at the track in Ocala? Anyways, that car got hit and totalled so now my boost fix is a TT V12 custom Dinan setup on another BMW 850 running about 625 Hp on pump....lotsa fun, one of 5 ever built and now one of the only 4 that are left. Again, if the work situation gets better I'd love to get Big Blue back up and running with an MPI setup this time......who the hell knows..

Hey man, cool of you to stop by. If you want to go way back, we had a "somewhat" recent visit from Jay Kolda, of the "Ultimate Starion and Conquest" fame. I still have that Blind Mellon "No Rain" .midi stuck in my head.

HEY Shelby......Hey Chip......yeah, I remember Jay Kolda and another guy Howard who was president of the first ever Conquest/Starion club in NYC I think. I guess you still have that yellow labor of love Chip? Hows she runnin? Still in the service? I'm waaay out of touch with the mods now, turbos, EFI and the like...does Mike K still have his car? Remember crazy Pete Yack from the Philly area?

HEY Shelby......Hey Chip......yeah, I remember Jay Kolda and another guy Howard who was president of the first ever Conquest/Starion club in NYC I think. I guess you still have that yellow labor of love Chip? Hows she runnin? Still in the service? I'm waaay out of touch with the mods now, turbos, EFI and the like...does Mike K still have his car? Remember crazy Pete Yack from the Philly area?

The car is on its longest ever "running" stretch, mostly because I never drive it, haha. Not realy, but it's not really liking the altitude here in the high desert, and as usual I have a long to-do list on it, but it's generally awesome right now. I need to get time to tune the ECU for this area and change over to the 292 roller I'm having cut.

Of course I remember Pete Yack. I drove up to his house once when I first got my car painted and running with my first ever TEP stage III engine. I think he stopped by here a while ago too. I kinda' missed Mike's exit. I don't know if I was deployed or in transit to a new duty station or what but I don't really know if he kept his car.

mike k said he was going to git rid of it (part it out) when he got into the bmx stuff. I belive I remember someone buying his magna and turbo but dont remember the nice black shell getting sold. But that was about three years ago. Estatixx might know for shure. This club has went way down hill in the last year buy it seem like more of the old timers are showing up again.

I gotta say I miss the guys and the Conquest scene despite my love/hate relationship with the car......I was always experimenting and pushing the car to the limits........thats why I've blown 3 motors.......ALWAYS fuel issues.....I now have the Magna setup with SDS sitting here so one of these days....Mike and me were big buds and I think his # is here someplace...maybe I'll call him..

http://fycconsulting.com/oldskool.png

http://fycconsulting.com/oldschool.png

you wanna talk about stuff from the "old" days

Haha, I just watched those tapes the other day.

• 4 months later...

http://fycconsulting.com/oldskool.png

http://fycconsulting.com/oldschool.png

you wanna talk about stuff from the "old" days

Yeah I met Howard back in the day, he was from NJ. He had quite an ego on him, but he was a helpful type of guy. Just never felt right about paying a fee to join a club.

Hello again Starquesters......just dropping in to see how many of the "old" Starquest (Ryddler)guys are still around. I was big in the game a LONG time ago back when James at CNM, MitsuMark,Fuze, Mike K, Scotty and a few others were around. My brother and I still have our cars but they've been down for a few years with blown engines with built short blocks ready to go in but family, work and other things get to suck up your time. Where is Mike K and what happened to his car? I also remember a kid from Texas who became a high school (?) basketball coach (O'Brian maybe)and that had a blue one totally redone......what happened to him?

Anyways, the family seems to have changed a little but the passion is still there AND the cars have crept up in value "slightly" and become a LOT rarer in the breaker yards and on the road.....keep up the good work! I still drop in from time to time and hope the economy turns a bit so I can get mine back on the road again...

What's up brother. Yeah I still have the disease, getting patch panels ready for a paint job and some body work on my 87 Starion. After 10 years and four daily driver SQ's, I picked up a C5 Vette in cherry condition for 17K. I would love to drop an LS2 or LS6 into a Starion body, if you guys follow the Formula Drift scene you probably noticed all the teams are swapping in V8's for the torque and reliability. Don't get me wrong, I love the G54B but after 10 years of fixing the same issues over and over...

I wish I could get in touch with Mitsumark, he was my DOG and fellow Jersey head. Guy was like a one-man SQ used car lot. Last I heard he was getting married and the GF wasn't that keen on all the basket case cars...

I actually just talked to KO on the phone, hes doing well his car is on the back burner of his life.....it still runs and he drove it around the block just because, I also talked with Howard D about 3-4 months ago....he still has his 89 Starion and he is the president of a EVO club, hence therefore he owns a EVO also