Dyno today.

franco101

Just got back from the dyno today and we tuned car on it. Made 303 hp with 345 lbs of torque at 18lbs of boost.

Now who will post my dyno sheet for me if I email it to them. His RPM guage was way off. It said i was idling at 2k when it was 1k. I let off at 5000 rpm. He said it looked as tho it had started to drop off in power there . So I didn't want to push anymore than that. Oh and we did all pulls in 4th gear where it is 1 to 1 ratio I believe. But I remember doing dyno pulls in 3rd gear a few years ago somewhere else.

Thanks

Franco

Edited by franco101

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from the dyno today and we tuned car on it. Made 303 hp with 345 lbs of torque at 18lbs of boost.

Now who will post my dyno sheet for me if I email it to them.

Thanks

Franco

Good numbers. MPI or TBI? Turbo and other mods?

(I can't see signature on my blackberry)

Nomad. MPI with 18g turbo with 06 hot wheel. Run was at 18lbs of boost but I believe I creeped up almost 1lb to 19lbs.

Full hard pipes with 3in. exhaust. Running SDS em4-F stand alone.

Franco

Edited by franco101

MPI with 18g turbo with 06 hot wheel. Run was at 18lbs of boost but I believe I creeped up almost 1lb to 19lbs.

Full hard pipes with 3in. exhaust. Running SDS em4-F stand alone.

Franco

Internal waste gate or external? Stock exhaust housing board out? Or aftermarket or slycone housing, do you know the a/r? Any boost spike problems with your turbo?

Great numbers.

Edited by StarquestRescue

Internal waste gate or external? Stock exhaust housing board out? Or aftermarket or slycone housing, do you know the a/r? Any boost spike problems with your turbo?

Great numbers.

Stock exhaust housing bored out. Internal waste gate, 1 lb boost spike. A/f was around 11.8 i believe. He said you can go into the mid 12's and still be ok but I am ok with these numbers.

Franco

Awesome, would love to see it in RPM format though. Do you have timing control or just fuel??

More than enough power for a 12 sec car! Enjoy it!

Sooo its only tuned to 5000rpm??? In reality theres alot left in your tune.

Edited by phinko

Thanks for posting Imwii. First run was the blue 245 hp . 10th run was my best at 303hp.. Stock cam. Didn't want to go past 5k rpm as people said its pointless with stock cam. I do have schnider hd springs but dont see myself testing the limits on 5k. I do have timing control and we ended up advancing timing 1 degree. I used Elkidmino's timing numbers in the mpi forum and they were pretty close. Thx Elkidmino. I figured let myself enjoy this for a while. Eventually I will pull engine and have DAD rebuilt bottom end . O ring block and maybe replace cam and then test limits on high rpm and high boost. Was told my 18g could go to 25psi. So I would like to see what power it could make. Overall I am very happy with output. I last made 243rwhp with maft. So this mpi swap for me was well worth it. Throttle reponse is so much better with mpi. I was told today that I was at full boost by 2700rpm. I wonder what a bigger T4 turbo with exhaust header would do. But that's for a later date. Hey Phinko, can you post me in the 300hp club?

I think the last graph is a rpm

Franco

Edited by franco101

interesting how the two runs have very different TQ shapes. the first run actually has a low spot in the TQ in the lower RPMs. then the second run that low spot turns into a high spot.

anyone have some input on that? seems a bit unusual to change that radically at low RPM with just a boost increase.

Outstanding #'s. Glad to see what Elkimino's tune did as I am also setting up a SDS emf4 and will be using his as a base.

Where did you get your turbo. I am shooting for the exact #'s you put down. Would think a 18g is a good split of power and lag.

Again, congrats man!

Thanks guys. Patra, we had 10 runs. 1st run was way differant because I had turned the boost down when we started but i had not adjusted fuel. Low end was lean and we added fuel. Higher end was very rich and we left it alone, so as we started raising boost it was getting better.

Franchie, I am running magna intake.

Drwojo, I had the turbo upgraded by a company called Bloch turbo in eastern Pa, who i got from a member here 5yrs ago. He took a stock 12a and converted it to an 18g, and also opened up the exhaust housing to accept an 06 wheel. Make sure you also open up the waste gate. The turbo has been great. I just repaired my downpipe which got a crack all around the mounting flange, and when i had it off i checked the wheel. No movement at all, up down or sideways. When I am ready to upgrade turbo down the road I am going to talk to them first.

Franco

You should check endplay on the turbo as well. Decent numbers, you were averaging 11hp/lb of boost, so 6 more psi should put you around 360-370whp if all things remain equal.

300whp is decent, but you will get bored with it soon I think. Also, I know it's hard to push a motor you have a lot of time invested, but I bet there was plenty on the table if it was rich up top. I would bang the rev limiter at 6500 all day with those schneider HD springs. just replace them every 5 years (tops) and you shouldn't have any problems.

Also, what phinko said, if you can get a dyno graph with RPM instead of MPH (stupid dynojets) that would be cool. If not, no worries, you made 300whp with an 18g at 19psi. Dang.

Easy on the revving. I touched valve at around 5800-5900 with schneider HD springs. Although there are always different determining factors.

I have plenty of fuel. I was only at 67% duty cycle on my 75lb inj. I remember getting dynoed a few yrs ago and there was no noticable gain above 5k rpm.

Doesn't the cam have a huge effect on power in the upper rpm range? Also I am not sure if this is bad or not , but I am running mechanical lifters with a hydro cam.

Franco

I dont know what a dynojet has to do with graph plotting???

Anyways, 300whp is lots of fun. Will score you mid 12's driven correctly. Gt500's run 12.9's (food for thought)

Making power up top, there are soo many factors that play into that. If you dont care to, than leave it be. Otherwise, get ready to experiment... Either way, well done sir!