Video has HKS G54B DOHC

Shoot me if its a repost but I was watching this vid about HKS and they were showing engines and the DOHC G54B head they made came up...

i got a feeling its a different motor.

Plus werent all HKS twin cams carby fed?

http://www.davewolin.com/images/esir8.jpg

watch the video fool!

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/9008/g54b.jpg

Ok so it has FI instead of carbs. It doesnt have a forced induction plenium, yet the exhaust header goes forward as if a turbo should be mounted to it. ??? wierd. Plus, how many different style valve covers do you need for a hand full of custom heads? More than one I guess.

I have a carb version, it's got a lot of grinding on the inside for some sort of clearance issue. It's either a design flaw or manufacturing defect. It's not uncommon for these flaws on low production units like this. One of the heads also had some welding in an odd area, looks like an inclusion or pourosity repair by one of the head stud bosses.

I was told 12 were made. Only one complete running engine can be accounted for (#3), and 2 other spare heads (#2 and #6). I'm sure there are a few others, but in the last 9 years, none have surfaced.

I was told 12 were made. Only one complete running engine can be accounted for (#3), and 2 other spare heads (#2 and #6). I'm sure there are a few others, but in the last 9 years, none have surfaced.

Chad did you get a header or exhaust manifold with yours? The one in that screen cap looks like it wraps up and over the distributor...can't imagine that worked well.

Nope, that picture in Fantas post is exaclty how it was when I picked it up. Somewere on the net is a pic of that setup installed with the front oriented headder, but it's not a a very clear pic.

Nope, that picture in Fantas post is exaclty how it was when I picked it up. Somewere on the net is a pic of that setup installed with the front oriented headder, but it's not a a very clear pic.

Chad,

Is there anyway the DOHC project could be resurrected? Since Randy(DAD) is having trouble getting new stock heads anymore, perhaps the upgrade would be a viable solution to an inevitable problem..Just a thought..

~Roberto

Solution to that problem would be getting decent heads from Australia.

2.6 DOHC would only be viable for the very cashed up, extreme enthusiast as so much needs to be reworked.

New manifolds (inlet and exhaust)

Ecu

This would be after buying a hugely expensive head as there wouldnt be enough serious interest to make a large run.

Smaller production run = higher cost. Also remember the head has to be fitted out, Valves, Cams, Timing gears.

Also need custom timing chain.

Chad,

Is there anyway the DOHC project could be resurrected? Since Randy(DAD) is having trouble getting new stock heads anymore, perhaps the upgrade would be a viable solution to an inevitable problem..Just a thought..

~Roberto

are you willing to pay upwards of a couple grand for a head?