Kelly has crossed the line s c r e w him RANT!!!

ucw458

No, first of all he isn't banned. His access is restricted because he refuses to follow site policy.

Jimmy

From the SQC Policy link:

"You agree, through your use of StarQuestClub.com, that you will not post any material which may be seen as false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law."

Does this rule only apply if someone is being vulgar and hateful to certain people or is it a universal rule? I'm wondering because there seems to be no repercussions for this thread starter after posting that stuff about Kelly. It would be unfortunate for a double standard situation to thrive on SQC, because ultimately we all would lose, imo.

Respectfully,

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wanna see a pic of ur headers =/

i cant say anything for or against, kelly. Ive talked to him a few times and have never dealt with him or his products personally. i have seen some of his work though, and i think its good stuff...but thats all i can say on the matter.

but once again...ide like to see a pic of the headers u can offer man. post something up in the GP forum with some pix or something...

Edited by spoolinturbo

I haven't been here all that long to really know all the history.....but, from joining in the middle of all this crap...I must admit, its pretty stupid.

I don't know, and don't really care who is at fault for any of it. But, all I have to say is, people cry about these cars being junked, or, people getting crap for parting a car out. The truth is, if I didn't love my car as much as I do, I see perfect reason to part it or scrap it if it was blown up.

Theres nothing but drama. Luckily, SQC has been pretty quiet lately...but, it does seem like one big game.

Also, it would make sense if it was actually for good reason, but...there is no reason. Just splitting up an already small group of people.

Oh well...I guess all of us ricer/drifters who want nothing but to beat the crap out of our cars and wonder why they broke, will just hang out here at SQC.

Rgds,

strang3milk

Edited by strang3majik

i wanna see a pic of ur headers =/

i cant say anything for or against, kelly. Ive talked to him a few times and have never dealt with him or his products personally. i have seen some of his work though, and i think its good stuff...but thats all i can say on the matter.

but once again...ide like to see a pic of the headers u can offer man. post something up in the GP forum with some pix or something...

follow the link in my signature. There is a GP already running with pictures of the prototype and dyno runs.

Does this rule only apply if someone is being vulgar and hateful to certain people or is it a universal rule? I'm wondering because there seems to be no repercussions for this thread starter after posting that stuff about Kelly.

No one is banned/suspended for a first offence.

No one who has been banned/suspended have only offended once.

Our policy also looks at the motives and any mitigating curcumstances.

I do see that the origional poster has cleaned up his posts, so I for one inclined to give him some lee-way.

I don't currently see anything in violation, but then I'm just one opinion among several mods.

No one is banned/suspended for a first offence.

No one who has been banned/suspended have only offended once.

Our policy also looks at the motives and any mitigating curcumstances.

I do see that the origional poster has cleaned up his posts, so I for one inclined to give him some lee-way.

I don't currently see anything in violation, but then I'm just one opinion among several mods.

im not a mod, but i dont think there is anything wrong with this post neither, he put his personal experiences in here, was clean about it. And it would be cool for kelly to come in and address the matter. i know he comes to the SQC site every once and while. but ide like to hear him show up and clarify, because he was like 101 back in the day, coming out with killer products left and right, and good ideas for us.

So let it be written. So let it be done, that on this 15th day of May in the year of our lord two thousand and nine, ucw458 arose from the dead and was once again "alive" in the eyes of chiplee. You are no longer dead to me. Do any doubters remain? How shall I smite thee?

I've bought items from Kelly and have been happy with them. I'd support him for the simple fact that not everything comes from a sweat shop made from inferior materials. To me its about keeping the numbers up not that I have spent large dollars to any of these vendors but I've passed some dollars around. I'm still very much against the sales principles of flooding the market with under priced crap and I know it was on purpose to start a monopoly and that's my opinion of it and you all know my opinions on this subject. The kicker to that is to then jack the price through the roof on what is thought of as a specialty item. Its just exactly like what Wal-mart does. I am amazed there is not a cast header for this car by now and a cast intake manifold. Too many dollars went in all different directions and this segregation prevents it from coming together -ever. You can't make a header for 100.00 buy you can make a log header for that and make it quickly too. A real header will have easily over 200.00 just in the steel. Sorry.

because he was like 101 back in

Funny, I have absolutely zero recollection of this time you mention. Perhaps all the attitude, childishness, and mudslinging have sullied his image in my mind. I know of no such behavior on the part of 101, and find your comparison to be inaccurate on all accounts. To my knowledge 101 has been a quiet professional offering products people want at prices they can afford, and if he ever attacked another vendor I must have missed it. Kelly came off the top rope at his competition and at his competition's product practically within minutes of his arrival on the sqc scene, and then he "bought" friends, bought his reputation, and crapped on anyone that didn't kiss the ground he walked on. He has always been a joke, unprofessional, unmotivated, unsuccessful and fake. I just can't believe it's taken this long for it to become common knowledge.

So let it be written. So let it be done, that on this 15th day of May in the year of our lord two thousand and nine, ucw458 arose from the dead and was once again "alive" in the eyes of chiplee. You are no longer dead to me. Do any doubters remain? How shall I smite thee?

:rolleyes:

Beautiful Quote Modification

Just made my morning

because he was like 101 back in the day, coming out with killer products left and right, and good ideas for us.

If memory serves me correctly, most of those products were already out there, they were just copied by a shop south of the border (China is not the only place with "sweat shops") and sold under the *DM moniker. You will never see me throw propose101 under the bus by putting the two vendors in the same league. Propose has always been straight forward in where his products come from and how they are designed/manufactured, and has stood behind the sale. I may not like all the products he has, but I have respect for him as a business operator. I would love to have the same amount of vendors that other cars have. I would love to see everyone be able to pool efforts for the common good of the group. The problem with that, is everyone else has to want to get along and work together as well.

...and Chip, the King James style repatriation speech still has me laughing.

JR

Edited by jolyrgr

Well guys i must say this post is getting out of hand now and somewhat suprised at the mods allowing it to continue, im almost 48 years old so i guess that makes me an old fart *DM"cronie",I have spent time a lot of time with Kelly and his family and i have never seen any hint of drugs at ANYTIME !,in fact he nags me about smoking cigarettes!,out with the car aspect i have played guitar in his music room with his kids,had a beer or three with the guy,attended his meets and seen the effort he puts in to making and providing parts for the community,now its not been all good, ive had my run ins with him too but we have always made our peace,yes he can be an hard headed s.o.b and can somewhat ruthless when it comes to the parts vendor aspect,on the other side he has huge heart and will help those in need and spend many hours of his time not looking for any money and frankly gets offended when you offer,with Kellys and parts help, my cars performance now scares the crap out of me,like him or hate him, the guy knows his stuff when it comes to our old cars,ive met Metric to and yes he runs the *DM web site and maybe a little to hard,i to have had posts removed but i like the guy,he has always been cool with me and if he dont like my posts then thats fine, im sure he had a reason to remove it,I have i think a product from every vendor on my car,Chads modded Magna,*DM hardpipes/intercooler,DADS,Star/orion(thier lines ROCK !)/Mookie,TEP,HKS and others,Kelly allowed me to let me run a forum to offload the many years of parts i had gathered over the years and not once accepted a single cent i offered him from the profit i made,as for the west coast header war going on,i know Kelly was looking into making a header of some sort a long time ago, im still in the market for one and i will buy one or two from UCW or *DM, i dont really care who,just show me the goods and i will happily send you the money, i dislike these "mini wars", it does not help the community in any way shape or form,yes i think both sides can in the future make peace and certain subjects need to be addressed and thrashed out between *DM and the mods here,it reminds me of the "rapper wars" of a few years ago,as for Kelly doing drugs,no way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, i was married to a druggy for years and know the signs,thats why i divorced the beeatch. :hmm3grin2orange:

I don't talk out my a**, I wouldn't comment on anything that I didn't witness personally, but I will delete my comments for the sake of being an adult and not wanting to sound like my feelings were hurt, even though they were.

But I will close with this, if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck, guess what it is?

Lets not go off on a tangent here and become our own worst enemys ;) The origional poster doesn't want this therad to get locked, lets follow the rules so as to abide by that request.

Lets not go off on a tangent here and become our own worst enemys ;) The origional poster doesn't want this therad to get locked, lets follow the rules so as to abide by that request.

It's probably not too much of a tangent, it probably exactly why this post is in existence, but I'm done commenting on this thread.

WHOA!...SO THIS IS HOW IT ALL HAPPENS!!...what an angry mob!

Now, I'm not taking one side or the other, but when I see something that is dreadfully out of wack!?!...and personally, know some of the facts...I need to say something:

My gosh...this IS the BS section isn't it!...and Jeff, you are full of it. Very little of what you've said is the truth...and what's sad is that all the good folks on SQC have bought it hook, line and sinker! And of course, there is the standard *DM bashers, but that's to be expected. But, now you've lied and deceived everyone into thinking that you've been victimized here...that is just not the case! I seriously can't believe how many people here have jumped on the band wagon and they know NOTHING about this situation, *DM or YOU for that matter!

So...who is that supplier!? - You've known *DM for how long? (months)...not nearly long enough for him to EVER give you that information. *DM is a car builder and a business man...he's NEVER gonna give you his trade secrets.

And...who is your "tech"? - You need to give credit where credit is due, since he's the one who did all the work. I know him...and he doesn't go by the name "tech"!

The truth is...you lack knowledge, experience and the funds to pull this project off. You're way off base here. Free advise: You aren't going to get rich building and selling Starion parts!...it's never gonna be a substitute for a good job.

Personally, I think you owe everyone an apology...the SQC members and especially, those in CA that have gone way out of their way to help you with their knowledge and money. Do us all a favor...count to 10 and think before you start posting this trash.

Shame on the moderators for letting this crap go on without checking the facts first.

Personally, I think you owe everyone an apology...the SQC members and especially, those in CA that have gone way out of their way to help you with their knowledge and money. Do us all a favor...count to 10 and think before you start posting this trash.

Shame on the moderators for letting this crap go on without checking the facts first.

As soon as everyone that's been wronged, insulted, and.or ripped off by *DM or his cronies gets apologies from them. Quite frankly, you reap what you sow. Backstab everyone to make a buck, act like a know-it-all god but prove that you know nothing, and act like a general donkey and you're going to get the same back. Shame on SQC and the mods? For what allowing people to see who's a good seller and who's a sham? Or is it shame on SQC and the mods because we've given this person chance after chance and they have yet to change? Maybe it's shame on SQC for keeping the community informed of a shady businessman?

I'm sorry but last I checked SQC was open to EVERYONE member or not. You can view threads and forums without having to log in. Last I checked *DM's site requires a login and password to view MOST of the sections. Wouldn't be HIDING anything over there would you? Or is it their way of enacting martial law and showing how much of a control freak they are? Hhhhmmm... It baffles the brain...

Well now that I know at least one of the rat spies...

Now, I'm not taking one side or the other, but when I see something that is dreadfully out of wack!?!...and personally, know some of the facts...I need to say something:

The truth is...you lack knowledge, experience and the funds to pull this project off. You're way off base here. Free advise: You aren't going to get rich building and selling Starion parts!...it's never gonna be a substitute for a good job.

Not taking one side or another? You COMPLETELY bashed the original poster on EVERYTHING he said. THAT would be taking a side sparky. Congratulations. If you weren't taking a side you'd point out flaws on both sides not make every statement possible to indicate the original poster was wrong in everything he said. Not to mention someone STARTING a post with "I'm not taking sides" is just an indication that you don't want anyone to THINK you are BUT you in all actuality ARE taking sides.

As for making a living, did you not bother actually READING the post? Didn't think so... Here quick recap on THAT one for you. He said he is trying to offer a quality part to the community as a means of assisting while he attempts to find another job. In other words he's still looking for work like oh so many are these days but needs some way to bring in some kind of income. Obviously money isn't an issue for SOME people but the rest of us do have to get something coming in.

So if you're quite through bashing and being insensitive to the problems of the rest of the world, maybe you'll wake up and smell the unemployment.

Edited by Big Al

Not taking one side or another? You COMPLETELY bashed the original poster on EVERYTHING he said. THAT would be taking a side sparky. Congratulations. If you weren't taking a side you'd point out flaws on both sides not make every statement possible to indicate the original poster was wrong in everything he said. Not to mention someone STARTING a post with "I'm not taking sides" is just an indication that you don't want anyone to THINK you are BUT you in all actuality ARE taking sides.

As for making a living, did you not bother actually READING the post? Didn't think so... Here quick recap on THAT one for you. He said he is trying to offer a quality part to the community as a means of assisting while he attempts to find another job. In other words he's still looking for work like oh so many are these days but needs some way to bring in some kind of income. Obviously money isn't an issue for SOME people but the rest of us do have to get something coming in.

So if you're quite through bashing and being insensitive to the problems of the rest of the world, maybe you'll wake up and smell the unemployment.

Well said sir!!!!

i dont remember ucw saying anything about a tech...i do remember him saying that he had to go to an exhaust shop(or to one of his friends) to help get the prototype done..

i also recall him saying that the origional producer of the header was not going to do it after all..so he had to go and find another reputible turbo header producer to make the final product allong with geting a 1 year waranty..

i dont feal that ucw should owe me an apology for he has been very straite forward with everything that he has done with this header to make a "prototype", prividing us with updates when ever he could, and showing us dyno graphs of afr's and dyno #'s.

im not taking sides either, but i was already commited to buy from ucw since the end of the first fealer thread when he posted up pictures of everything. and hes been very straite foward with me. which is why i said that i am behind him 100%

EDIT: i also dont feal the need to be going through 5 different sites to try to find what im looking for..the SQC site is plenty sufficient enouph for what i need to find. i always wondered why Kelly stoped coming on here... but i kinda dont wana know either...it might hurt my brain taking in all this info at once lol.... ohh well though..

Daniel

Edited by dstar88

Using logic, common sense, and thought out statements to debate "their" "point of view" is useless... as they can but will not comprehend such things.

Standard modus operandi for that type.

Be careful, they know Jiu Jistu... lol.

-Robert

You aren't going to get rich building and selling Starion parts!...it's never gonna be a substitute for a good job.

Then my question to you sir is why does *DM charge so much for his "aftermarket parts"???

I've never really been one to jump into the whole drama, but that's just one sentence right there that I can't stand...

Edited by conquestTSIguy