Promoted to Major yesterday

chiplee

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on the pickup Sir~! Ive seen quite a few 20yr capts so Maj in 11 is quite impressive. I think our CO is up for Col soon after 21yrs

are you a Mustang? Does that make a huge difference on promotions/cutting scores???

If I do end up staying in, BLUE side would be a must for me,

That kinda money, and a 20yr work career is way too appealing...

Just dont know if I can tolerate the Control over my life.

What do you fly??? Any "trademark nickname"? lol

Our AMO (maj) is one motivated sonofagun and makes us work weekends alot >:( lol, what other billets you hold???

Congrats again

Congrats on the pickup Sir~! Ive seen quite a few 20yr capts so Maj in 11 is quite impressive. I think our CO is up for Col soon after 21yrs

are you a Mustang? Does that make a huge difference on promotions/cutting scores???

If I do end up staying in, BLUE side would be a must for me,

That kinda money, and a 20yr work career is way too appealing...

Just dont know if I can tolerate the Control over my life.

What do you fly??? Any "trademark nickname"? lol

Our AMO (maj) is one motivated sonofagun and makes us work weekends alot >:( lol, what other billets you hold???

Congrats again

I'm a mustang but it doesn't effect promotion, except perhaps by making me a better officer in some ways. I fly hornets so the truth of the matter is that if you can fog a mirror and you haven't dated the general's daughter then you'll probably get promoted. It was touch and go on both of those for me at one point. I'm at a test squadron now so my billet is F/A-18 A-F pilot and operational test director.

Promoted to a major what? (Everyone insert your answer below).

That was too easy Chip. Congratulations.

Promoted to a major what? (Everyone insert your answer below).

That was too easy Chip. Congratulations.

Chip, this will get you close :) http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source...amp;t=h&z=4

Guest Kenmarrow
Hey Chip Major General, Congrats on the premo.. You seems to be finding you way around the keyboard better with one hand or your dictation is being processed faster.. So I'll take back what I said before,, Yellow cars are not slow and ugly! Good Luck and get well soon.. Ken Salute!

hmmm chip you really should get away from the west coast now that i think about it haha. how many 18's have crashed there??? one most recently....i think you need to train those pups =P
ya i heard bout that too.... harriers are just bad if not worse.... theyre fallin apart more flight by flight... which means maint. is a !@#$%.... east coast jus lost one too awhile ago... stay safe

ya i heard bout that too.... harriers are just bad if not worse.... theyre fallin apart more flight by flight... which means maint. is a !@#$%.... east coast jus lost one too awhile ago... stay safe

yea i think our air dominance is falling apart =( old planes, shrinking budget, poor decisions on the hill...blah. oh well!!!

I've noticed that since he has a new woman that he is barely on here anymore...someone is putty tang wooped

Happy to admit that I'm wooped, or whipped, or whatever, but it's not the "putty tang". It's everything about her. She is literally everything you could possibly imagine finding in a woman, as well as a list of things you never had the creativity to dream up and hope for, and I have a vivid imagination in this regard, trust me. The truly amazing part is that I'm basically borrowing that line from her. She used it to describe me to her mom. Right now I'd be crazy to spend much time on here, but I would be on more often from work if I could type normally.

Happy to admit that I'm wooped, or whipped, or whatever, but it's not the "putty tang". It's everything about her. She is literally everything you could possibly imagine finding in a woman, as well as a list of things you never had the creativity to dream up and hope for, and I have a vivid imagination in this regard, trust me. The truly amazing part is that I'm basically borrowing that line from her. She used it to describe me to her mom. Right now I'd be crazy to spend much time on here, but I would be on more often from work if I could type normally.

Holy crap,

I think you are getting soft. It sounds like you are getting soft. Say it ain't so..................

na Chip isn't geting soft it's more like he's gona turn into mush ;)

he's about to find a world he never imagine'd exist'd , his armor is gona shatter , his knee's will buckle , his chest will feel like a truck ran him down and thats just the begining he's deff start'd to morth into a mortal man :biggrinumbrella1: Super Man is dead

so when does she trun 18..lol

Just kidding thats how i feel about my wife ( most of the time) were going on 9 years 2gether 5 married (this st Patties Day)

congrats on the girl.. sounds like its easier to get promoted than find a good girl these days

he's deff start'd to morth into a mortal man :biggrinumbrella1: Super Man is dead

And happy about it.

We basically just made it official that she's moving in. We've been talking about it all this week, but I asked her this morning and she said yes, she wanted to live together and she didn't care any more than I did about what people would think or say. Not living together just feels completely unnatural to us both. She could have any millionaire so I know she's not after my money, besides she makes her own. We're basically just on top of the world right now. I got promoted. She just got hired on base by Booze Allen Hamilton and will start at $40k/year on 9 March. Her secret clearance was granted, which was the only thing that could have stopped her from getting the position. Our combined household income is going to be like $185k gross when my bonus kicks in. We both just feel like everything has fallen perfectly into place for us to meet at this specific time under these specific circumstances. You all know I don't believe in fate, but I will admit the repeated coincidences are killing me. I'll admit something else too, mostly for shelby's sake based on previous conversations we've had. Anyone who doesn't at least seriously wish there could be an afterlife has never loved. One lifetime just doesn't seem like it'll be enough time with this girl. I've gained some first hand perspective as to why some people simply HAVE to believe this isn't all there is to it.

Edited by chiplee

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

"I've gained some first hand perspective as to why some people simply HAVE to believe this isn't all there is to it."

Never thought I would hear that from Chip

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

"I've gained some first hand perspective as to why some people simply HAVE to believe this isn't all there is to it."

Never thought I would hear that from Chip

Just perspective, bro.. Not empathy. They're still dead wrong. I just understand better why it doesn't seem like they care.

Edited by chiplee

hahaha Ok I feel better now. Have you seen that new Bill Maher movie Religulous? It's prety cool. I think you would like it. I really like that some people even admit he's right but they still believe this or that.

hahaha Ok I feel better now. Have you seen that new Bill Maher movie Religulous? It's prety cool. I think you would like it. I really like that some people even admit he's right but they still believe this or that.

Yeah I want to see it.. The previews I've seen look like Bill is making some very old points but I'm sure it's entertaining.

Anyone who doesn't at least seriously wish there could be an afterlife has never loved. One lifetime just doesn't seem like it'll be enough time with this girl. I've gained some first hand perspective as to why some people simply HAVE to believe this isn't all there is to it.

It sounds like the both of you have found your Soul Mate. It does not happen often, but when it does; WOW!!

As for caring what people think, - my oldest daughter lived with my son-in-law for 9 years before they tied the knot. Hell, they lived in my house for a year, while they were both finishing their college graduate degrees. It worked out for me cuz I was not there that often, and they took care of the place. The family did not care they were living together, cuz he is a good guy and loves and takes care of her. In other words, to he!! with what other people think!

It sounds like life is really coming together for the both of you.

Congratulations on finding each other and you making Major.

Usually when an officer is promoted (at least when I was in the Navy, back when Christ was a kid) they are transferred to a new duty station in 6 months or so. Is that in the future for you?

Congratulations to your Mom & Dad too. They have to be bursting their buttons because of you making Major.

Good Luck to you and yours and may the future work out the best for each of you.

KEN

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!! To be young and in love again!!! Nah, I'll just stay the grouchy old man that I am. But I do have a girl friend or two. ^_^ :P :D B) :rolleyes:

Edited by Starfighterpilot

Our combined household income is going to be like $185k gross when my bonus kicks in. We both just feel like everything has fallen perfectly into place for us to meet at this specific time under these specific circumstances.

Great! That should be just enough to cover the wedding (which includes flying us all out to Vegas for a week.) ;) LOL

Congrats on everything.

BTW its a great time to have extra disposable income. Lots of great deals out there for those who can afford them. Like used high end cars... my friend works a high end used car dealer and he says he cant believe how cheap they are getting and selling these cars.... Porches, Mercedes, BMW's etc. and they are selling a lot of them.

It sounds like the both of you have found your Soul Mate. It does not happen often, but when it does; WOW!!

As for caring what people think, - my oldest daughter lived with my son-in-law for 9 years before they tied the knot. Hell, they lived in my house for a year, while they were both finishing their college graduate degrees. It worked out for me cuz I was not there that often, and they took care of the place. The family did not care they were living together, cuz he is a good guy and loves and takes care of her. In other words, to he!! with what other people think!

It sounds like life is really coming together for the both of you.

Congratulations on finding each other and you making Major.

Usually when an officer is promoted (at least when I was in the Navy, back when Christ was a kid) they are transferred to a new duty station in 6 months or so. Is that in the future for you?

Sorry I missed this until now, Ken. no, as a pilot it won't be grounds for a transfer.

Congratulations to your Mom & Dad too. They have to be bursting their buttons because of you making Major.

Good Luck to you and yours and may the future work out the best for each of you.

KEN

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!! To be young and in love again!!! Nah, I'll just stay the grouchy old man that I am. But I do have a girl friend or two. ^_^ :P :D B) :rolleyes:

I'd like to be "young" and in love again, too, Ken. I'll settle for being in love with someone young. If we get her pregnant right now I'll be 51 when the kid is 18, and we want 2 or 3 kids, and would like to wait a year or two to start "trying". That puts me easily in my mid 50s with kids still at home , perhaps 60 and then almost guaranteed not to get much time with my grand kids, or perhaps none at all if they wait as long as me, which for their sake I kind of hope they do. Everything is a trade off I guess. If we can wait 2 years I'll probably never have to do another military move after they're school age. Wouldn't mind being a crusty old retired Marine Colonel when chumps try to date my daughter. This girl will make ridiculously beautiful babies, even in spite of my ugly mug.

Edited by chiplee

my only advice is the younger you are the better it will be later ,

there isn't enought money to make me give up the years i had camping and fishing with my grand children , i've seen very few rich poeple that were happy no matter how much money they had, it's never enought