FIP and prize for 07 Nationals

Dad

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1

+2

If that deal hasn't been taken care of, that is a major slap in the face.

"Dude I can't pay you. Got no money. But check out this new ??? I got"

if this has been taken care of, I will gladly remove my post.

Edited by raytech

+2

If that deal hasn't been taken care of, that is a major slap in the face.

"Dude I can't pay you. Got no money. But check out this new ??? I got"

if this has been taken care of, I will gladly remove my post.

I didn't think it was a matter of owing anyone money. I thought it was a matter of making good on a promise they made to give up one of their fuel systems for a raffle or something. Companies, especially upstarts, tend to do that for publicity or as a kind gesture to communities that pay their bills.

If it's unresolved then it's like taking the publicity that came with offering it but then never holding up their end of the bargain and delivering the goods. That's way worse than never having offered to put up the goods in the first place and yes, unfortunately, devoting all this time and energy into your own endeavors while that issue is still out there looming over everyone's heads is bad for business.

There comes a point when you can no longer say "I'm sure there's a perfectly good explanation". And we're at that point. I'm sure it's a combination of a little laziness and a few parts on order to build the system or something. You guys need to just make it right so we can enjoy your accomplishments and recommend your services without this tainting everything, especially if you want to keep the "pro" in Fuel injection Pro's. There's nothing professional about this. It's about as unprofessional as it gets.

So for now,

+4

Edited by chiplee

Sorry, I did say money, but I was hoping it would be taken in context. as in "I can't put that setup on your car, cause I put it on my car." or "cause I care to much about my (company sponsored) car to care about your car."

While the gesture is most appreciated, would you show up at your friends house telling them that you couldn't make it last night cause you were at a friends house?

I won the lottery. O Crap, the IRS just took 100% of it. I won nothing.

Edited by raytech

Just an FYI to everyone I will ask them about the raffle stuff again. (I think they should make good too)

BUTT... they are no longer a vendor, they suspended there business over a year ago because, honestly it wasn’t making any profit and they had some bad family problems. They have returned to their day jobs. (They are doing this stuff now as enthusiasts like the rest of us)

I posted this because I thought everyone would enjoy it, not to start another FIP uproar.

Honestly they, (Scott and ED) don’t even come on here anymore so they most likely even see these complaints.

I can either remove this post and never report on future achievements or you all can all keep the business comments in the feedback forum where they belong and not in my post.

Thanks,

Josh

83TechMaster

Just an FYI to everyone I will ask them about the raffle stuff again. (I think they should make good too)

BUTT... they are no longer a vendor, they suspended there business over a year ago because, honestly it wasn’t making any profit and they had some bad family problems. They have returned to their day jobs. (They are doing this stuff now as enthusiasts like the rest of us)

I posted this because I thought everyone would enjoy it, not to start another FIP uproar.

Honestly they, (Scott and ED) don’t even come on here anymore so they most likely even see these complaints.

I can either remove this post and never report on future achievements or you all can all keep the business comments in the feedback forum where they belong and not in my post.

Thanks,

Josh

83TechMaster

Maybe they need to tell Greg That it WON"t happen, instead of him waiting by his mailbox every day.

It's one thing to be an enthusiast it's another to keep your end of a promise!

Vendor or not!

Dad

Maybe they need to tell Greg That it WON"t happen, instead of him waiting by his mailbox every day.

It's one thing to be an enthusiast it's another to keep your end of a promise!

Vendor or not!

Dad

Randy,

Did you read my post? I plainly stated that I agree with all of you about them needing to make it right. I just don't care to read 20 posts saying the same thing when there is really nothing I can do about it, except ask them what's up.

Josh

Randy,

Did you read my post? I plainly stated that I agree with all of you about them needing to make it right. I just don't care to read 20 posts saying the same thing when there is really nothing I can do about it, except ask them what's up.

Josh

No one said you need to do anything about it.

I did not want to even post it in here but I felt a need to as not a Vendor but as an enthusiast myself. Greg has been left hanging.

One person is selling his FIP 2 also- Does that come with any support?

I think Greg B needs an answer.

And this was not directed at you, but at FIP

They had hard times and thats why greg Waited- well I assume the hard times are behind them since they took the time to get the car done.

Tell Greg he's not getting it or GET IT TO HIM as promised!

Dad

They are not. That website hasnt been updated in ages.

Funny I can still order and pay off that site

Oh so then Greg is SOL?

Funny I can still order and pay off that site

Oh so then Greg is SOL?

I give up... Enjoy the bloodbath.

TO ALL:

I would be happy to answer ?'s about the car but will not make any further comment about this stuff.

This was my post not fip's and this is not the place for this.

Goodnight.

I give up... Enjoy the bloodbath.

TO ALL:

I would be happy to answer ?'s about the car but will not make any further comment about this stuff.

This was my post not fip's and this is not the place for this.

Goodnight.

Well yes it was your post and I agree. If you want me to delete my posts I will or you can have a mod delete it. All up to you at this point. However Please feel free let FIP know that Greg B is anxiously waiting for his system

It's not intended to be a bloodbath, I don't like to stir things up , but if you notice it is only when someone does not get was was either paid for by them or in this case won by him in a raffle- too bad he did not know that it was not going to happen as he could have stayed in the raffle and won something else.

Dad

Edited by Dad

Well yes it was your post and I agree. If you want me to delete my posts I will or you can have a mod delete it. All up to you at this point. However Please feel free let FIP know that Greg B is anxiously waiting for his system

Dad

You should leave them, Like I said I agree with you... I just feel post after post about it is :deadhorse:

I will let them know, and for the record before these posts were made. I let greg know I would ask them about this when I see them next weekend and get back to him.

Josh

It's not intended to be a bloodbath, I don't like to stir things up , but if you notice it is only when someone does not get was was either paid for by them or in this case won by him in a raffle- too bad he did not know that it was not going to happen as he could have stayed in the raffle and won something else.

Dad

PS: I am not an E-Thug like Vernon's cali connection buddys, and would never try to get negitive info removed.

PS: I am not an E-Thug like Vernon's cali connection buddys, and would never try to get negitive info removed.

Glad to hear it, because that's the thing about leaving something unfinished or unresolved. It can and will (and should) come back to haunt you in everything you do. The guys at FIP can't rightfully enjoy the praise and support of this community until the promise they made, to the entire community, is kept.

That's probably why this is such a sour grape. The promise was made to the entire community, and any of us could have been Greg, and any of us could have gotten our hopes up for that system. It bears no reflection on you that those guys have unfinished business and your "thread" is entirely intact in my opinion. So don't sweat it when someone comes along and points out that it kinda' makes them creeps to be going on with their lives while "one of our own" waits with bated breath for something they keep making excuses about.

Most of us want to see them restore their reputation so we don't have to feel guilty when we shower them with praise for such a job well done on the dyno. That's why you're thread is intact. It's all applicable.

Most of us want to see them restore their reputation so we don't have to feel guilty when we shower them with praise for such a job well done on the dyno. That's why you're thread is intact. It's all applicable.

I think that is why they are getting such "mild" reminders from the community. Lets face it, we have been much harsher to others in the past. The fact that the FIP guys keep improving and innovating, shows that they are capable of contributing much needed information and products to the starquest masses.

well there is already another post about the issues with the customer service right? well can we leave it in that post? because i would like to have some answers about this car, as im sure others would too. it would be a shame to lose insight into their build.

I know it is not 83's intention to perpetuate the issues, but it becomes increasingly difficult to to see them (FIP) continue to spend time and money on this venture, regardless of the successes, when another member is more than patiently waiting for a promise to be fulfilled. Benifiting from new insight at the cost of other members, is no benifit as far as I am concerned. All of us that have chosen to provide a service, have incurred the responsibilities of accountability to the parts and promises that are made. The community asks for nothing more than following through with those responsibilities.

With another meet being planned, it would be nice to see this resolved. We have had to re-think the raffle system due to this (and a couple others) instance. If there is a chance that anyone of the FIP team is reading this thread, I personally feel it is worthwhile to place a reminder in with the praise. Our version of the asterisk next to a record-breaking event.

All that being said, it is appreciated that the successes of the car are being passed on. It is not necessarily fair that your posts have these aspects added to them, but I have a sneaking suspicion that you expected it to happen as well. :biggrinumbrella1:

Keep up the good work FIP, and please work towards rectofing the short list of issues still remaining.

JR

If FIP is no longer in business then why are we refering to them as FIP??? It should be Ed and Scotts Car....Not FIP.....You can't have a company car without a company...................................................................

I just want to let everyone know that I didn’t have anything to do with the removal of any of the negative posts!

To whoever removed them can you please confirm that I had nothing to do with it?

Thanks,

Josh

83techmaster

I just want to let everyone know that I didn’t have anything to do with the removal of any of the negative posts!

To whoever removed them can you please confirm that I had nothing to do with it?

Thanks,

Josh

83techmaster

I had a lot to do with the dis-approving of the posts, they are still there, just not viewable by the general public. They were off-topic and taking away from the accomplishments. This thread needs to stay on the topic of the output of the car. The feedback forum is the place for the business/transaction issues.

Jimmy

If FIP is no longer in business then why are we refering to them as FIP??? It should be Ed and Scotts Car....Not FIP.....You can't have a company car without a company...................................................................

Exactly, and that's why the one individual who had a bad experience with them directly can post in the feedback forum about it and let it go. They aren't a company any more, things in life happen, etc... No money was invested, so they have not ripped him off. He is out nothing but his hopes. In fact, the promise was initially to Tim, and they hoped to make good on it by telling the winner that, but major changes have happened to where they don't seem to be in the same position to make good on the promise. The event administration is ultimately responisble for making good on the promise they alone gave to the winner, not FIP. Tim can post negative feedback because the loss was his. I don't blame him for not awarding an alternate prize in lieu of FIP flaking out either. No one here is made of money, so we have to act like a family and forgive and forget, or we are the ones who are making ourselves suffer through needless stress about bygones.

FIP may not have the ability to make the items any more, or since they aren't manufacturing them like before, their cost would be much, much more, so we can't expect them to do it now. For example, an employee gets in a car accident and can't work anymore. Should the employer expect him to come to work? Of course not.

Can everyone please give these guys a break and move on?

Exactly, and that's why the one individual who had a bad experience with them directly can post in the feedback forum about it and let it go. They aren't a company any more, things in life happen, etc... No money was invested, so they have not ripped him off. He is out nothing but his hopes. In fact, the promise was initially to Tim, and they hoped to make good on it by telling the winner that, but major changes have happened to where they don't seem to be in the same position to make good on the promise. The event administration is ultimately responisble for making good on the promise they alone gave to the winner, not FIP. Tim can post negative feedback because the loss was his. I don't blame him for not awarding an alternate prize in lieu of FIP flaking out either. No one here is made of money, so we have to act like a family and forgive and forget, or we are the ones who are making ourselves suffer through needless stress about bygones.

FIP may not have the ability to make the items any more, or since they aren't manufacturing them like before, their cost would be much, much more, so we can't expect them to do it now. For example, an employee gets in a car accident and can't work anymore. Should the employer expect him to come to work? Of course not.

Can everyone please give these guys a break and move on?

I was in charge of the prizes and can show you the copies of Emails with FIP saying they would handle this prize.

I can also tell you I have offered to give Greg an alternate prize, but he's not interested in anything but what FIP told him he'd recieve.

I agree that if they are just normal people and not a business then why use the FIP name? Maybe a comeback is around the corner? Nothing like some bad power numbers to help sell your wares if you're thinking about getting back into it.

Anyway, glad to see Ed and Scott make such dandy numbers [/sarcasm]

Edited by Burton

Well since 83 tech is on theyre buddy list why doesent he make a youtube video of them saying theyre not going to send the intake and we can let this die . Scott as late as Sept 2008 told Greg he was sending it . What gives ? he either is or is not sending the part I dont want to hear about theyre personal BS of the month for 2 years . Pay up or suffer the bad press . Edited by scotty